superbowl 52

The following is a sports astrology event chart for Superbowl 52, scheduled for kickoff on February 4th, 2018, 5:30 pm Central standard time, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A.

I am doing this chart, approximately one hour before kickoff.

Disclosure: a) I am a long time sports horary advocate, having done such charts for over 40 years.

b) I am NOT a gambler, nor do I do horary charts for gamblers, but I have done horse-racing with a fair degree of success. I am a former professional athlete, however, in the sport of baseball and currently a long time sports promoter, athlete, and coach for the Canadian World team in my "other" sport (martial arts). I am a two time former assistant coach for the national team, in fact. I also represented Canada at the World Championships in baseball, as a player.

c) I am not a big fan of American or NFL football. I prefer the Canadian game of football, instead. The American game is highly commercialized and turns me off.

I am a modern sports horaryist, not an advocate for William lily or John Frawley. I use the outer planets when the need arises, but the traditional rulers work best.

Since the New England Patriots are defending champions, they would be issued the first house, in my opinion, as the previous champion gets home field. They are also the favorites. The chart is always made for the place of
the event, in this case Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.

Therefore, the Patriots are ruled by the Leo Ascendant and Sun in Aquarius, debilitated, found in the 6th house of Virgo.

Something interesting. The Sun is also found on the hidden side of the 7th house cusp. That, in my view, steals the rays of the Sun, and hinders its effectiveness. It's almost AS IF, the Sun goes into hiding ?

The opposite team, Philadelphia Eagles, is represented by the 7th house, ruled by Saturn in Capricorn in the turned 11th house.

Today will not be a good day for legendary quarterback Tom Brady, I predict. He is ruled by the Sun in Aquarius, debilitated, and furthermore, his NATAL Sun at 11 Leo falls into the 12th house of misfortune. Therefore, the score will be very close and may even turn out to be a defensive game ?

Brady may well get injured, as the Sun applies to a square with Jupiter in Scorpion. He is vulnerable to a leg injury as well, over estimating throws, causing fumbles, or other misfortune. The minus below zero weather at game time could well be a factor, as well !

The New England 5th house ruler of sports performance (Jupiter) is afflicted, a strike against them.

The 10th house is well aspected for New England, as Venus (ruler) is found angular and makes a sextile (opportunity) aspect with Uranus, so special teams and specialty players, including second string players, may well star or be prominent for the Pats, today. This includes the field goal kicker.

The applying trine between Moon in Libra and Sun (chart ruler) and Moon and Venus (rules the 10th house of New England) should bring enough planetary "ammunition" to secure a win for the Pats with 90 percent certainty.

However, Moon applies to a square with Pluto, there is something controversial or unsavoury going on with either the crowd or behind the scenes. Since Pluto rules the 4th house of the playing field, I would suspect the frozen, wintery field conditions playing havoc with the game's tempo.

The Eagles Saturn in Capricorn makes no ptolimeac aspect to any other planet, so that limits their chances. The best that they can do is play a defensive game and delay the inevitable ? Saturn also rules defence and how a team can keep the scoring down or and limit the offence.

(I am from Canada and have played, often, in these minus zero conditions. I also have Saturn in the natal 5th house, so I don't mind it, actually. When you freeze, so does the competition, so it creates opportunity, in fact)

Philly's 10th house ruler, Mars, also makes no aspects to any other planet, so NOT good for them. Mars is also the traditional ruler of Eagles, and you Scorpions. LOL Both Mars and Pluto are not prominent, today, isn't it true.

The North Node conjoins the 1st house and ascendant, and the Part of Fortune trines the ascendant, so that bolsters a New England win.

The South Node conjoins the 7th house cusp, a malevolent aspect for Philly.

That said, Tom Brady may well retire after this game. There is something coming to an end with the completion of this game, I predict.

Brady received a MAJOR lunar eclipse, the other day, on his natal sun at 11 degrees Leo, which symbolizes a cycle of completion and or culmination in his career, as the opposition typically brings. Time will tell, I guess.

Enjoy the game, it starts, shortly! The game typically has a massive audience of over 100 million television viewers from around the world

thanks,

Sabumnim

https://www.astro.com/tmpd/cq5dfileBmUk ... .png?63911

Final score: Philadelphia 41 New England, 33.

Hello Nipoleon:

You commented on the superbowl 52 game, eight pages into your thread discussion that started with a college football game.

How confusing could that be ! LOL

How could anyone know that you were discussing the superbowl when you buried it, six feet under !

At least I started a new thread on the Superbowl to make it more clear. I did not pick the winner, but I did make some accurate predictions about how the game would unfold.

Regarding the Philadelphia Eagles win tonight, it looks like every horary astrologer (on three different discussions forums) got it WRONG !

Everyone thought that New England would win, but THEY DID NOT !

Why do you think that is ? I have my theories.

Looking at the chart, again, Leo and the Sun still rules the Patriots, regardless of whether they wore their away uniforms or home. The reason is that they were the favorites, as chosen by bookmakers.

Re: sports astrologer Goca, I know that she likes to designate the ascendant according to the color of the uniforms. However, this process is inherently flawed when determining the outcome of sports like mixed martial arts and wrestling, who do not wear shirts or tops, but essentially shorts and in some cases, the opponents wear the same coloured shorts.

It used to be that opponents wore different uniforms to appease the televised play by play of sports contests, so it would be clear who on television would stand out.

With television losing dominance to the internet in recent years, the color of uniforms is becoming less important now.

If one uses the more modern planets in the chart for 5:30 pm, then the upset win by Philadelphia becomes more clear.

Venus in Aquarius is found in the 7th house of the visitors, which makes a sextile to Uranus in Aries, the co ruler of the 7th house cusp. Uranus signifies upsets, while Uranus gains dignity, as it disposes of Venus's ruler.

Venus also disposes of the Moon in Libra, so Venus and hence, the visiting team, actually has much more clout in this chart than previously thought.

Finally, it must be noted that two controversial referee decisions gave Philly two touchdowns that in many cases. would have been denied.

As many of us are aware, Venus ruled people do get the benefit of the doubt in legal and other decisions and in this case, refereeing decisions !

S.

p.s. I do agree with you that the colour of the uniform does influence the outcome of the contest. In the sport of hockey, a psychological firm once did a study of champions and what colours are associated with champion teams. Red and Black are the choice of champions, in hockey. Teams that wear blue or green, for example, don't do as well. This could explain why the Eagles went more than 40 years before winning the Superbowl. They wear green uniforms. Hockey teams like Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks have no hope of winning the championship, because they wear the wrong colors !

sabumnim wrote:
Regarding the Philadelphia Eagles win tonight, it looks like every horary astrologer (on three different discussions forums) got it WRONG !

I used Frawley's methods and got it right. Judging and weighing the testimonies in a logical, repeatable & demonstrable manner.
sabumnim wrote:
Re: sports astrologer Goca, I know that she likes to designate the ascendant according to the color of the uniforms. However, this process is inherently flawed when determining the outcome of sports like mixed martial arts and wrestling, who do not wear shirts or tops, but essentially shorts and in some cases, the opponents wear the same coloured shorts.
colors !
If there are no colours, just use Favourite for AC and DC for underdog. Pretty sure Gocca does this too.
If there is a reigning champion, you could aslo look at "Will the champ retain the title" - L10 for champ, L4 for challenger. This method also worked for this match - L10, Patriots, combust. No chance of retaining the title.

sabumnim wrote: If one uses the more modern planets in the chart for 5:30 pm, then the upset win by Philadelphia becomes more clear. colors !
Why are you changing the time of the match??? :lala

sabumnim wrote: Finally, it must be noted that two controversial referee decisions gave Philly two touchdowns that in many cases. would have been denied.

As many of us are aware, Venus ruled people do get the benefit of the doubt in legal and other decisions and in this case, refereeing decisions !
In Frawleys' method - that worked - Venus is L10 and belongs to the Patriots. IMO - what you describe is better shown by L1, Partriots, conjunct South Node - denoting Bad Luck!
sabumnim wrote: p.s. I do agree with you that the colour of the uniform does influence the outcome of the contest. In the sport of hockey, a psychological firm once did a study of champions and what colours are associated with champion teams. Red and Black are the choice of champions, in hockey. Teams that wear blue or green, for example, don't do as well. This could explain why the Eagles went more than 40 years before winning the Superbowl. They wear green uniforms. Hockey teams like Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks have no hope of winning the championship, because they wear the wrong colors !

Well, in this case Dark Green is the colour of champions.
I have a degree in Psychology, it is indeed a fascinating subject. But this is an astrology board! The colour of the uniform can influence assigning significators correctly. And in this match, we have a very well behaved chart with multiple testimonies for assigning L1 to Patriots and L7 to Eagles.

Looking forward to next year!

PallasAthene wrote:
sabumnim wrote:

I used Frawley's methods and got it right. Judging and weighing the testimonies in a logical, repeatable & demonstrable manner.
sabumnim wrote:
colors !
If there are no colours, just use Favourite for AC and DC for underdog. Pretty sure Gocca does this too.
If there is a reigning champion, you could aslo look at "Will the champ retain the title" - L10 for champ, L4 for challenger. This method also worked for this match - L10, Patriots, combust. No chance of retaining the title.

sabumnim wrote: If one uses the more modern planets in the chart for 5:30 pm, then the upset win by Philadelphia becomes more clear. colors !
Why are you changing the time of the match??? :lala

sabumnim wrote: Finally, it must be noted that two controversial referee decisions gave Philly two touchdowns that in many cases. would have been denied.

In Frawleys' method - that worked - Venus is L10 and belongs to the Patriots. IMO - what you describe is better shown by L1, Partriots, conjunct South Node - denoting Bad Luck!
sabumnim wrote: p.s. I do agree with you that the colour of the uniform does influence the outcome of the contest. In the sport of hockey, a psychological firm once did a study of champions and what colours are associated with champion teams. Red and Black are the choice of champions, in hockey. Teams that wear blue or green, for example, don't do as well. This could explain why the Eagles went more than 40 years before winning the Superbowl. They wear green uniforms. Hockey teams like Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks have no hope of winning the championship, because they wear the wrong colors !

Well, in this case Dark Green is the colour of champions.
I have a degree in Psychology, it is indeed a fascinating subject. But this is an astrology board! The colour of the uniform can influence assigning significators correctly. And in this match, we have a very well behaved chart with multiple testimonies for assigning L1 to Patriots and L7 to Eagles.

Looking forward to next year!
So, Pallas Athens:

I am NOT impressed with your false facts and information and braggadachio.

I never changed the time. The Superbowl began at 5:30 p.m. Central, and the chart was cast for that time. Go re-read my post.

Regarding John Frawley, his methods are, by far, the crappiest, when it comes to sports astrology. His techniques NEVER work, go ask anyone else who does sports astrology seriously. ALL OF HIS BOOKS s*ck ! LOL

You got a rare lucky win, Sunday, but that's all you'll get.

His claim to fame is really not horary astrology, but his fascination with sports betting and gambling are, which is increasing becoming the raison d'etre of a lot of professional sports, these days, and a good reason why the fans stay away. Much of legalized gambling is owned and funded by organized crime, revealing a darker side.

The British drink too much during soccer games? We all have a darker side.

People are also staying away, in droves, from N.F.L. football, because of the bad reputation as a gambling sport, and also, the players who kneel down during the national anthem, etc., disrespecting our veterans.

However, I can tell that, like Frawley, you have never played pro sports, never gone to war, like many armchair astrologers.

Regarding the "other three' who ALSO did not pick the winning team, Sunday, they all languish on the Tyl site and all are proteges of Noel's with a good reputation. I know all of them.

Anyhow, they all got it wrong: Halina, Dean, and Steven, so they are zero for three with the Superbowl. However, I do respect them for going public with their predictions. Dean's prediction about Bitcoin was particularly impressive. He said, in advance, that Bitcoin would crash in January and it has, INDEED. (isn't it true, Rocko ! LOL)

Regarding the colour of the Eagles jersey's, ("dark green") one lucky superbowl win doesn't prove a darn thing with the extensive psychological research of team colours. Just because you are a bachelor of psychology or rely on anecdotal evidence...... doesn't mean didley squat.

By the way, I have previously taught horary astrology to psychologists. NOT Bachelors, but PH.D's in Psychology.

Good luck with your lucky, one time win, though ! LOL

just saying,

S.

PallasAthene wrote:O dear, what a bad loser! lol
Will you take my challenge for the next big game? Let me know which game you want to judge...
LOL Bad loser, huh ? However, others on this website have also had major concerns about Mr. Frawley's methods, so I am not alone, here. I guess that we are all bad losers ?

One of main reasons that I don't buy into Frawley is because he strongly believes that all sports horary charts are readable.

The reason he admits that is probably because he can make the most amount of money from his clients. In astrology, it can't be all about you, the astrologer. Your client has to benefit, as well.

I disagree, therefore, that every horary chart must somehow be turned into a money-making opportunity. Llewellyn George, perhaps America's first and best known sports astrologer, mentioned in his legendary book, A to Z, Horoscope Maker and Delineator about frivilous charts and specifically warned about the validity of any horary chart, without an emotional stake behind it from the querent.

"9 out of 10 horary charts asked, he said, are garbage."

"Unless you have an emotional stake in the question asked, the chart's outcome is inherently flawed," said Mr. George.

My own interest in sports astrology actually began in the 1970's with the teachings of astrologer Llewellyn George. As such, I am a long time disciple of Mr. George and his sports horary techniques really do work.

I will post his rules on this site, when I have time.

As far as a future game to judge, I'm game ! I spent some seven years on the Noel Tyl site and posted many sports horary charts during my time there. Noel Tyl, himself, described me as a "world class horary expert."

S.
Last edited by sabumnim on Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No offence, but are Llewelyn's "rules" published? I would like to read them from the horses moth if possible. I heard a rumour that Frawley may have based some of his work on Llewelyn but it is not corroborated..

Winter Olympics? I'll have forgotten about you by then...

What about UK football, US baseball, basketball... all finals. Aren't they before the Winter Olympics?

ah ok - so winter olympics are at Pyeongchang, South Korea 9-25 February 2018.

I will judge the final of team sports... what do you suggest?

And let me know the basketball final that you are not interested in. I'll take a look at that as well.