Will she get the job?

Dear all,

Would just like some opinions on whether questor would get the job they have in mind when they asked the question.

Questor is signified by Moon located in Libra in the 4th house. This could mean that questor was at home when they asked the question, which is true. Questor also has a Sun in Libra.

The job is signified by Mars in Sagittarius in the 5th house. The 5th house can signify work in a paediatric area.

The job is actually an entry level psychologist in a womens/ childrens hospital

There was a sextile between significator of querent and quesited but querent's significator has moved on from it. This job was applied to about a week ago. Could that be the reason?

Moon is exalted where Mars currently lies (in Sagittarius). Does that indicate the job will be interested in the querent, or that the querent is interested in the job?

In any case, do you think there will be good chances of being hired.

Thank you so much!

[/url]

Re: Will she get the job?

spicav wrote:Moon is exalted where Mars currently lies (in Sagittarius). Does that indicate the job will be interested in the querent, or that the querent is interested in the job?

To be honest I cannot follow how the Moon could be exalted in 6 degrees of Sagittarius where Mars has been at the time of the question.

For the rest I do not see the querent work there, because of the lack of any relevant connection between the significators, the Moon and Mars, by application, or translation or collection of their light.

The chart is a little contradictory. Normally when I see a Moon-Sun trine in a chart, especially a work chart, even if separating, it is usually very favorable for a new venture. However, Sun is in the 8th in detriment, and the Moon is applying to its own dispositor Venus in the 8th. Normally applying to a benefic is favorable too but benefics are fairly powerless in the 8th. The Moon is in the Via Combusta and does not aspect the quesited, Mars and is in a sign that Mars hates (Libra, its detriment). It could be that the querent has experience that is not relevant to the job that relates to the 8th house somehow? The 4th house is the end of the matter but it is also the background of the querent (their roots). Sun is the 2nd house ruler and Venus is also the 11th house ruler - could they have references that are meaning to do good for the querent but somehow work against them (the 8th is in aversion to the ascendant)? The main point though is that Mars as a significator for a job makes it by nature more difficult to attain (probably competitive) and there is no indication of the querent aspecting Mars. Uranus in the 10th makes sense for a traineeship but does it also involve new technology or ideas somehow? It along with Aries on the 10th and the significator for the job as Mars in a fire sign seems unstable and changeful, so maybe not a great career move anyway. This is especially true in a day chart, although Mars is below the earth so a little less heatful and unstable in energy.

Maybe the 8th house influence is a job somewhere else that they will get that deals with 8th house matters (grieving patients, depression?) rather than 5th house (children)?

I don't understand what you mean about the Moon being exalted in any place here. The Moon is exalted in Taurus. In reception, you would want Mars to receive the Moon, not the other way around also. So you would want Moon in a sign that Mars likes. Here the Moon is in a sign that Mars hates.

Another thing to note is that the strongest planet in the chart is arguably Saturn (about 5 degrees from the descendant and in its domicile). Any chart where Saturn dominates is more difficult and here it represents the 7th house, which can be those involved in the interview process being difficult to please or prejudice (such as having a specific person in mind) or even the competition having the upper hand. It is also feral, so unregulated and more wild and difficult. It could be describing the work environment close to the 6th also where they have dogmatic views but in reality the work is chaotic and difficult (Saturn in the 6th classically can show serious mental health issues).

I have a hard time with 8th house influences in these kinds of questions because the study of psychology itself is 8th house in nature. I do think the Sun and Venus there is perhaps another job, maybe something they are working towards now, and since they are in fixed signs, they seem more stable (plus both planets are generally less difficult than Mars). I think this job is nothing to cry over if the querent doesn't get it.