Will I work here?

Some background. I recently had an awesome phone interview with the HR person from this company. I am scheduled for another phone interview with my prospective boss tomorrow at 1pm, so I have drawn this chart for that time and my location. The company is local to me and they are looking nationally to fill this position. There is one internal candidate so I believe the 7th house is in play here. I have been unemployed for 5 months

All I can get form this chart is that I am moon (in 8th) and Mercury (in 9th) and the employer is Saturn (in 7th) while internal candidate is Jup (in 6th)

There is an applying aspect between me and employer as well as an applying aspect between employer and internal candidate but the employer apply's earlier to the internal candidate, AND Employer is in the 7th house.

I don't think this goes my way.

If there is any other info regarding when a job will come my way, that would be cool too

What do the pro's think

I don't treat electional charts like a horary. Gemini rising and Mercury conjunct the 3rd house ruler is fitting for the subject matter but doesn't necessarily represent you, nor the Moon, but more so the event itself. The Moon is not placed well and the ASC ruler is combust a detrimented planet and also the south node, which is a placement that decreases the energy of a planet (that is good for a malefic but not really for Mercury). This does not mean the interview will go terribly but there might be some communication problems or delays or issues with paper work. With Venus very well placed and Moon sextile Jupiter, there are some positive influences on the time. The main issue I see is Saturn in the 7th. This could mean a more stressful interview with people who have high expectations and are critical and judgmental. I often get Saturn in the ascendant in job interviews but always get job offers. The ascendant is not necessarily me but I am very Saturnine, so I do think it represents what I bring to the interview. I am serious, fairly short in what I say and am more critical of the job than i am of myself being interviewed - I am interviewing them too. I have Moon square Saturn and many people find me cold and nonexpressive. So I sort of see that energy the way I see myself and I know from experience that it can be an offputting energy. If someone or the group makes you feel this way, don't assume they don't like you, though. They are just being careful of their choices. I think this might especially be true with the Moon in a sign of Saturn.

Another thing to consider is your own transits and influences. I weigh that with the election charts. Election charts are not always very representative of what happens. I often look at charts for exam times for grad school and the ones I think are terrible often still end up with me having excellent scores, but that has more to do with my own chart than the electional chart, which might show a more difficult exam but doesn't mean I will fail it.

Just my two cents.

As I said, election charts are not horary and a simple yes or no is more complicated than looking at significators. I would analyze the person's transits and profections with this to see if the candidate would be at their best but even then the chart is not a horary. This chart only paints a picture of the energy around the event and is not as straight forward as a horary. If you assume the Moon and Mercury are you and the job Jupiter, you can come to the wrong conclusion just based on that. However, you can get the idea of the overall tone of the event, such as this one having Saturn on an angle, Mercury combust, Moon in Capricorn, Venus on an angle, etc - these might help describe what is experienced between parties during the event.

Election charts are more so used to pick the best time for something to occur. You sound like you have no choice so I am not sure why I see the point of looking at this. Would I select a time where the Moon is waning and is in the 8th in a sign of Saturn and the ascendant ruler/subject matter here (Mercury) combust and conjunct the south node ? No. Maybe if I wanted to undergo something that involved getting rid of something, since these influences are not suggestive of increase but of decrease. Do I think the event might be cancelled/rescheduled or delayed? It would have a higher probability due to the combustion, but I can't say for sure, and I can't even really tell if this time is good for you because I don't know anything about your own influences. It would be terrible for me, but I have no idea what is going on in your chart. I think in general the chart is not a favorable time for an interview but that doesn't mean you will not get the job, since a job offer has more to do with the process than just an interview and the energy around that time.

You said you already had a phone interview, so why would you think the time for the next interview would tell you if you got a job, since these are two factors that combine, along with the application, which was submitted at a different time (and was actually the initiation of this entire process)? Were I to look at the initiation of an endeavor and try to analyze it, I would probably look at where it first began, not three steps in. But, again, a horary is certainly far more to-the-point. Different types of charts are used for different reasons.

I have seen election charts used in significant events, such as time of death, moments where someone disappeared, etc., and those charts did sometimes end up with the ascendant representing the main person this happened to, but an interview involves many factors, and all of the people in the interview with you (the interviewers) are going through this event too, so it is not just special to you. In a way, it is also a time where someone is wondering if the person they are meeting is a good candidate for them - see what I mean?

Thank you so very much. I have not studied Election charts so I did not understand where you were coming form so thank you for your clear and concise explanation.

I too was wondering if I was choosing the best time to cast a chart for the question and you have made it clear that I have not. I did believe that I was wrong and I am glad you have made that clear to me.

I will respond with my thoughts of the event after it occurs this afternoon. Thanks again

This discussion reminds me of election charts for the sinking of the Titanic. Do we look at the initiation of the build, the first voyage, the moment the boat hit the iceberg? You will find election charts for each point but get different responses as to the energy that lead up to the moment this happened.

And, again, you saying this was great for you doesn't really help other readers because a chart like this might be bad for them. We don't know your natal chart and can make no real analysis based off of only this chart for this particular topic. I am in a Mercury profection and Mercury is pretty much tied as my strongest planet, so if I had a time scheduled where Mercury was debilitated, I would expect it to be difficult and I would not be at my best. However, if someone has a less emphasized Mercury or other influences that are positive at this time, such as Sun trine Sun, Sun in the 10th, Jupiter trine Sun, etc., then that would more likely explain the good outcome than an election chart. If you are in a Venus profection, then Venus is highly dignified here, although in aspect with Saturn. Or you could be in a Saturn profection and here Saturn is doing great.

Hello Rookie:

I agree completely with Tanit3333, here. Election charts are not horary charts, especially for a multi-step process like finding a job. Rarely do people get the job at the first interview. Frequently, you have to sweat it out with various interviews.

You should seriously re-phrase the question and ask a question: "Will i be offered the job at ABC company." Then, don't re-ask the question, again.

However, IF you do get this job (and don't count your chickens before they hatch), the best election chart is made for the START of the new job, the moment when you first REPORT to work and walk though the front doors.

The reason is even if you start the job, you can break your leg, get sick, or not show up, or even get a better job offer.

However, every other election chart is meaningless !

Meanwhile, the progressed natal chart should say something, too, especially the secondary and solar arc progressions and current transits.

good luck,

S.

Hold on Guy's. I understand what you are saying, but as my handle suggest's I am a complete rookie at astrology, thus why I am posting here for advice. So pilling on is not helpful.

That said, I "Thought" I was asking a horary question and even questioned if I was asking the right question at the right time. I have been educated that I was not asking a horary question but rather a Electional question, something I have absolutely no idea about.

So thank you for educating me and sorry for wasting space here.

My tone is often misinterpreted due to autism. I also have Mercury trine Saturn in Virgo in the 3rd house, so I am told that I sound pedantic, when in reality I am just conveying the many thoughts that are over-analyzed in my head. :P

Will I work here-New Job?

..delete.....delete....redundant Original post in February 17th did not get the job. :lala

Vyri
Last edited by Vyri on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Omnia Numeris Sita Sunt" = Latin for;
"Everything is veiled in number"
"Ye Stars which are the glory of Heaven!"
If in your bright leaves we would read the fate of men and empires, "tis to be forgiven"- Lord Byron

Rookie wrote:Hold on Guy's. I understand what you are saying, but as my handle suggest's I am a complete rookie at astrology, thus why I am posting here for advice. So pilling on is not helpful.

That said, I "Thought" I was asking a horary question and even questioned if I was asking the right question at the right time. I have been educated that I was not asking a horary question but rather a Electional question, something I have absolutely no idea about.

So thank you for educating me and sorry for wasting space here.
Thank you for your response.

No need to apologize, my friend. Just re-ask the question and post the chart. We will respond. We know how hard you have tried to find meaningful work, so obviously, you will be employed at some point. If not this time around, then next time.

If you don't mind us asking, what type of work are you looking for ?

ty

S.