The related articles in this feature, concerning wealth in nativities, demonstrate how to discover the overall material conditions of life.
But how to get more money - that's the thing!
Surely we, as astrologers, are in a privileged position. By acting under auspicious planetary configurations can we not ease the burden of Saturn in the 2nd's miserable dowry? Even facilitate the ease with which Jupiter conjunct the Part of Fortune showers fortune on our heads? For those who refuse to give up hope, here are the best election tips for manipulating the heavens to your financial advantage:
| WHEN TO APPLY FOR A LOAN: |
- In election charts the Ascendant and its ruler signify the borrower, the 7th and its lord signify the lender. Try to act when there is a good aspect or friendly reception between them.
- Fortify the ruler of the 2nd house, its dispositor, and the cusp of the 2nd. Remember, this applies to both the election chart and your own nativity.
- The Moon should be decreasing in light, preferably in Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius or Pisces. Check that it is not afflicted by Mars or Saturn. Mars will bring trouble, pain, or even anger; Saturn delays, frustrations and disappointment.
- Jupiter, general significator of wealth, should be well placed. Either Jupiter or Venus -
preferably both - should aspect the Ascendant or Moon.
- According to tradition it is not safe to borrow money, or lend it, when the Moon is in the 1st degree of Gemini, Leo or Sagittarius, or when these degrees are upon the Ascendant. Trouble and inconvenience are said to be the result.
- If you need to borrow money privately and wish it to remain a secret, act while the Moon is under the Sun's beams and moving towards a favourable aspect of the fortunes. Check that it is out of the Via Combusta (15° Libra = 15° Scorpio) and not conjunct the nodes.
- If you need to keep the money for a long time put the angles, Moon and ruler of the 2nd house in fixed signs, free from impediment. If you need to repay the loan quickly place them in moveable (cardinal) signs instead.
| WHEN TO BUY OR SELL FOR PROFIT: |
- In elections, the 1st house and its ruler signify the buyer, the 7th house and its ruler, the seller. The 10th house and its ruler signify the price. The 4th house and its ruler, and the Moon, signify the commodity to be bought or sold.
- Also use the planet from which the Moon separates as a general co-significator for the seller and the one to which it next applies as a general co-significator for the buyer. If the Moon separates from benefics and applies to malefics the seller gets the best deal. It is always best to buy when the Moon is separating from malefics and applying to benefics.
- It is favourable for the buyer to have the Moon in the Ascendant, even though this is generally an unfortunate position for the Moon in elections.
- It is important to fortify the ruler of the 2nd house, the Part of Fortune, and the benefics. Look for a strong 11th house, which gives benefit and gain, and a favourable Mercury, the natural ruler of buying and selling.
- It is best to sell when the Moon is in Taurus, Cancer, Virgo or Pisces, free from affliction, separating from the fortunes and applying to the aspect (not conjunction) of the infortunes. Under no circumstances buy at such a time.
| WHEN TO RECOVER MONEY OWING TO YOU: |
Finally, that terrible dilemma of leaving behind your hard earned cash …
Fortify Jupiter and the ruler of the radical Ascendant. Choose a time when the election Ascendant and its ruler are strong and the ruler of the 8th house applies by good aspect to the ruler of the Ascendant or 2nd house. It is also good to have the ruler of the Ascendant and the 2nd house in mutual reception.
- Choose a time when the Ascendant, its ruler, and the Moon, are in fixed signs. If they are in moveable (cardinal) signs it is probable that the Will gets altered, contested or revised in some way. If you want your instructions to carry weight, the Moon should be increasing in light and slow in motion.
- Your beneficiary will gain most if you fortify the cusp of the 8th house and ensure that it forms a good aspect with Jupiter or Venus and the Moon. If possible create a reception between the ruler of
the 8th house and the ruler of the 2nd house or the Ascendant. Better still, place the ruler of the 8th in the 2nd and the ruler of the 2nd in the 8th.
© Deborah Houlding. First published 1993, revised for web reproduction 2004.