therese,

although i am not a moderator, indeed what you observe is what i have been observing for a number of months... i just did a post in the mundane forum less then a minute ago, but i have to log in to reply to you here! so, this is the new norm it seems and i doubt we will be getting back to normal anytime soon without a very big revamp on the website... cheers james

Had the same issue in December.

A website could be down because of a bad plugin, bad code, or an issue with the system’s database.
Sometimes a website monitoring service can alert the owner of the site when it goes down.

Ouranos
Blessings!

There's no real fix to this at the moment. It's very irritating, but basically the site is written in old code now - we're lucky to have skyscript still. But the writing is on the wall: we need to either invest work in updating the site to a new server with new programming code, or skyscript will slowly be left behind and as the servers update, the code that skyscript is written in will no longer be supported.

I really hope to find some time to examine this issue in more detail - however, the problem is not trivial, so requires some real investigation and thinking.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/