Learning horary can be daunting at first, but this site and others are a great resource. William Lilly is great because he gives example charts. Besides the fact that Lilly's 17th century language takes some getting used to, most every chart that I've done doesn't look like one of his examples. Lilly's examples are good for learning how he thought. Take for example the article that Tanit linked to in my chart about whether I'll be forced to move Lilly on Moving I know it's not about your particular question but in there you see the typical way Lilly handles a question. I've always thought that he doesn't give every single possible way a chart can say yes or no, though he his pretty comprehensive. No, he tries to give examples of how he thinks and from that you can learn how to read the charts that come your way.

Deb Houlding has written about when to cast a chart. She's said that you do the chart for when you as the astrologer understands the question and in particular when you understand which houses will be involved. With that in mind, if someone asked me to cast a chart for them about the state of their marriage I would have done the chart for the time when they asked me. The friend would have been the ASC, the spouse the 7th house, etc. I am not sure about asking the person to wait until the person felt really strongly about it. In a way your friend has already asked the question at the time when you first discussed it. My personal experience has been that my own charts are more clear right after I've received some big (usually bad) news. My own charts are much less clear when I've had a random thought about something that's bothered me.

I'll give some examples of that. I had a fight with a friend. That's a good time to do a chart about the friendship. I'm idling about wondering if an old friend will call. That's not the best time to do a chart because there was no precipitating incident. I get a job offer. That's a good time to cast a chart to see if the employer is stable. I take to my sick bed. That's a good time do do a chart. I'm in general worried about my health without any specific symptoms. That's perhaps not a good time to do a chart. This is my personal experience although John Frawley contradicts this. He says that you can do a chart anytime you want.

Related to all of this is the general rule that almost everyone agrees on, and that is that you should not ask the same question twice. That is probably the biggest temptation that beginners face, especially with their own personal questions.
Mark F

I have one question: to have a divorce, isn't it necessary to have concluded official marriage?

And to be divorce there, isn`t it necessary to have one or more of slowly planets? (Saturn, Uranus, Pluto) in 7th house? Also mutable ASC-DSC (Pisces, Gemini, Sagittarius and Virgo)? This is what I know. But if someone knows different things and rules, please share them. Thanks.

If someone wants a divorce versus someone asking if they will break up with someone they want to reconcile, I would view these charts differently. An example is with a hard aspect to Saturn, I would expect the person who wants a divorce will expect delays in getting one and the person who does not want one would have disappointment and frustations in attempting to stay married. Some horary astrologers use positive aspects as "yes" and negatives as "no" in general but it doesn't usually work that way in practice. If I were trying to get rid of something or to end something, I would expect a waning Moon to be more auspicious too, since that is a common belief in the occult in general. For gains, a waxing Moon is generally more auspicious. Yes, Uranus aspects can show major changes, as can Mars, but often they are more upsetting. It is possible to have a peaceful divorce. If I were asking about a peaceful separation, I would expect the 7th lord to be friendly and even receive me because they want to honor what I want. Think of it like a court battle, would you want the 7th house person to oppose you when you battle them or would you rather they be friendly?

Hello,

So here is the chart, some change in circumstances, so the question was asked again after 4 months. Though the decision to get divorced has not changed.
Ascendant wants the divorce, the husband does not. He wants to keep the child, money everything.
She is mercury in her 10th. Her only saving grace right now financially is her job. If she has that well, she may be hand to mouth in her expenses but will be able to manage. Moon in 7th, she cares about him, but does not love him
He is Jupiter (R), he is working hard to continue to save the marriage, sun in the dignity of the moon is another indicator of that.
Sun and Moon both sextile Uranus. She is expecting a lot of opposition coming her way, plus the financial hardships that will follow after the divorce.
Thoughts, please.

Edited to add:
Question here was: will we get divorced?

https://i.postimg.cc/kg2NNcKt/get-divorced-hr.jpg
Last edited by ashwsh on Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Ashwsh, I don't know what your horary question was but as far as divorce proceedings, the outcome/ruling would favor the querent in the chart with the 1st lord dignified in the 10th and conjunct the NN.

Interesting to find a post started in 2006 with Mutable significators and Angles.
One wonders what prevented them to finalize their divorce. I hope they were not waiting for the judgments of astrologers. :)
The Part of Marriage is conjunct Jupiter R L7 in the fallen 6th
I suggest we wait a little longer.
Blessings!

Tanit3333 wrote:Ashwsh, I don't know what your horary question was but as far as divorce proceedings, the outcome/ruling would favor the querent in the chart with the 1st lord dignified in the 10th and conjunct the NN.
My apologies, I edited the post to add the question. It was ‘will we get divorced?’
Regards

Ouranos wrote:Interesting to find a post started in 2006 with Mutable significators and Angles.
One wonders what prevented them to finalize their divorce. I hope they were not waiting for the judgments of astrologers. :)
The Part of Marriage is conjunct Jupiter R L7 in the fallen 6th
I suggest we wait a little longer.
Hi Ouranos,

Please ignore the chart posted in 2006, I posted one today. Please refer to the same.
https://i.postimg.cc/kg2NNcKt/get-divorced-hr.jpg
Regards

Hello ashwsh,
This is the chart I looked at with the link you provided today..
ASC 10Vir50
And I do not find any correspondance between the ASC , the Planetary Day (Mars) or Planetary Hour (Moon). Adding Lord of 7th (Jupiter) R
Which makes me question the validity of the chart.
Well, I would not venture to read this chart.
Not sure how you see it yourself. What is your feeling? Do you think she is serious about the divorce? Has she made any attempts to approach a lawyer or marriage counsellor lately?

Thank you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:Hello ashwsh,
This is the chart I looked at with the link you provided today..
ASC 10Vir50
And I do not find any correspondance between the ASC , the Planetary Day (Mars) or Planetary Hour (Moon). Adding Lord of 7th (Jupiter) R
Which makes me question the validity of the chart.
Well, I would not venture to read this chart.
Not sure how you see it yourself. What is your feeling? Do you think she is serious about the divorce? Has she made any attempts to approach a lawyer or marriage counsellor lately?

Thank you,
Ouranos
She has spoken to a lawyer, who has guided her on the next steps. She wants to get her freedom. What bothers her tremendously are the finances and the son. In fact, lately, she was also looking for an apartment to move into. She knows this journey won't be easy but is gradually equipping herself to take it.
Regards