Scientific confirmation of the real influence of celestial bodies on our lives is cool, because it is evidence that astrology is not nonsense, not fantasies, but a real direction in science that studies a person through the influence of external forces on him.

Physics and astrology

The other day my son was in a session with his online physics tutor and she was telling him that astrology was the basis for astronomy, but that was how the science was understood centuries ago and that scientific method had aided humans to understand that although astrology seemed to have an idea about the world, it is not science based but belief based, thus left behind long time ago.

So I come here to ask for your help, I would like to see if you guys have any resources so I can show this physics tutor how wrong she is...

Hi Samantha

It surely isn't easy to convince a sceptic trained in the modern ways of science of astrology's timeless validity.

As a matter of fact, I am currently writing a multi-volume book about the rational foundations of Hermetism in general and astrology in particular. If things go well, the first part should be available later this year in German, with an English translation soon to follow.

Meanwhile, your best bet might be the work of L. Kolisko which demonstrated the influence of the planets on the behaviour of metallic salts in a series of laboratory experiments.

See for instance:

https://archive.org/details/spirit-in-m ... l.-kolisko

A search might bring up further useful information.

Hope that will make your son's physics tutor scratch her head, if nothing more! :lol:

Anyhow, do keep us posted, please.

Cheers
Michael

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Thanks for this resource!! I will definitely check it out and turn around this situation with this tutor.

Looking forward to see this book you are writing. Even with the German version I can always use the translator, besides I know some basic German, it would be a good motivation to further push my limits with the language.

Have a good day!

Samantha Werner wrote:Thanks for this resource!! I will definitely check it out and turn around this situation with this tutor.

Looking forward to see this book you are writing. Even with the German version I can always use the translator, besides I know some basic German, it would be a good motivation to further push my limits with the language.

Have a good day!
Hi Samantha,

Sorry about the belated reply. I have quite a lot going on at the moment.

I appreciate your interest in my forthcoming book. You (and any other reader of this thread, of course) are welcome to PM me your email address, so I can add you to the list of those who will be directly notified when the book becomes available.

Cheers
Michael

Visit my blog:

You know, this question comes up on all forums and in all places from time to time..and frankly, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I am not a psychic. I don't have any special gifts unless you count patience and curiosity ....and tenacity....and if Astrology were not a science I would not have been able to use it....for many years professionally...

Here is a link to a ''Science'' Book. NO one fights over whether this is a science or not...do they.

https://www.amazon.com/Baking-Science-F ... 4786&psc=1

LYN
The universe doesn't care if it inconveniences you.

Lyn wrote:You know, this question comes up on all forums and in all places from time to time..and frankly, it just rubs me the wrong way.

I am not a psychic. I don't have any special gifts unless you count patience and curiosity ....and tenacity....and if Astrology were not a science I would not have been able to use it....for many years professionally...

Here is a link to a ''Science'' Book. NO one fights over whether this is a science or not...do they.

https://www.amazon.com/Baking-Science-F ... 4786&psc=1

LYN
Not to mention Drinkology - The Art and Science of the Cocktail.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1584798289/re ... 466&sr=8-1

Coming from Long Island, I am sure you can relate. ;)

Visit my blog:

When science meets our palate. There is a trend in cooking called 'molecular science'
Molecular science is the art of combining ingredients and pairing foods and wines to surprise and delight the palate.

In 2009, François Chartier published "Taste Buds and Molecules"
Winner, Best Cookbook in the World in the category of Innovation, 2009 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.

Chartier pioneering what he calls "aromatic food harmonies and sommellerie," he used his groundbreaking research to collaborate with Ferran Adrià and Juli Soler on the 2009-2010 menu at their legendary restaurant elBulli, in Catalonia, Spain, which was voted the world's best restaurant five times over.
Blessings!

Is Astrology a Science?

My point, I think, is that we can discuss things like ''the science of''....I don't know..golf, cocktails, food, WEATHER (great science...by the way... they are right about 60% of the time).....with humor and agreeing to disagree.

BUT when people discuss ''is astrology a science?''somehow it devolves shouting and insults (especially insulting astrology).... to people who have spent their adult lives studying and learning and knowing that this IS a science...
It's those people who CAN'T or won't take the time to actually learn astrology who are the most vehement about the ''anti-science'' argument.

We seem to be unable - because of our ''we're humans...we are the best'' attitude - to say.... Astrology is a perfect science. It's WE, the astrologers
who are NOT perfect. We just don't know it all.

HOw many moons has Jupiter?? Well, the answer to that has changed every decade for a century...hasn't it. We only know what we know...and we will never know ALL of it...regardless of whatever science we are discussing.

I have lost the friendship of family members because I have been an accurate astrologer. NOT a perfect astrologer...but within the scope of the areas in which I am really pretty good....accurate. The professionals in my family just could not stand that I could know something that they did not. Because I didn't have a ''degree'' from a college THEY thought was important.

My answer is....study astrology seriously for a few years and find out for yourself.
For the 1st 8 years of study I kept telling myself and others that the minute I found out that astrology didn't ''work'' I would quit. That was over 45 years ago.
Still at it. :D
LYN
The universe doesn't care if it inconveniences you.

For the 1st 8 years of study I kept telling myself and others that the minute I found out that astrology didn't ''work'' I would quit. That was over 45 years ago.
I can relate to that. And just scratching the surface!
Don't remember who said 'Astrology is right. Astrologers are wrong.' If only we could approach the truth.

:)
Blessings!