Caution: Don't drink and use Astrolog in spinning motion!

This is the first astrology program I installed on my computer long time ago.

Keep up the great work Cruiser1!

Ouranos
Blessings!

La Jupiter wrote:Each planet and its moon(s) comprises a single entity with a singular astrological influence here on earth.
Michael Sternbach wrote:A planet's moons broadcast and modulate its influence. They will not so much alter its basic effect as put their own spin on it.
Indeed, both of these views are valid! :D A planet is like a person, a single entity. That's why planetary moons aren't just plopped into a wheel chart like other planets or asteroids, but rather are used to indicate which parts of the planet receive emphasis, and in what manners.

Similarly, planets (like people) are composed of different elements integrated together. A person has different parts of their body, and their chakra centers. Similarly, a planet has moons orbiting within its "aura" like chakras in its body, just as the Sun has planets orbiting it like chakras in its body.

Jupiter can be interpreted by itself in sign and house in a generic fashion. However, looking at Jupiter's moons can indicate whether Jupiter is (in a manner of speaking) hungry or full, relaxed or nervous, happy or depressed, and/or sleepy or alert! ;)
Astrolog 7.60 freeware downloads: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm :)

Which is the most important planet among the nine? I mean is there such a planet whose bad placement cannot be lessened by the good placement of the other planets? Can moons alone play a role in the achievements of a person although all other planets are in a good place? My moon is in 8 places and all other planets are in good places or not-so-bad ones.

Cruiser1 wrote:
La Jupiter wrote:Each planet and its moon(s) comprises a single entity with a singular astrological influence here on earth.
Michael Sternbach wrote:A planet's moons broadcast and modulate its influence. They will not so much alter its basic effect as put their own spin on it.
Indeed, both of these views are valid! :D A planet is like a person, a single entity. That's why planetary moons aren't just plopped into a wheel chart like other planets or asteroids, but rather are used to indicate which parts of the planet receive emphasis, and in what manners.

Similarly, planets (like people) are composed of different elements integrated together. A person has different parts of their body, and their chakra centers. Similarly, a planet has moons orbiting within its "aura" like chakras in its body, just as the Sun has planets orbiting it like chakras in its body.
Nice analogy, Cruiser1! :D
Jupiter can be interpreted by itself in sign and house in a generic fashion. However, looking at Jupiter's moons can indicate whether Jupiter is (in a manner of speaking) hungry or full, relaxed or nervous, happy or depressed, and/or sleepy or alert! ;)

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Knightinte wrote:Which is the most important planet among the nine?
I would say, as far as "planets", the Sun is the predominant factor in a natal chart - and easily recognised in an individual. Second comes the Moon, even though she provides more subtle an influence.

But there is no "most important planet", really. They all are important and constitute a complex system together.

The heart may seem more important than the liver, but you couldn't live long lacking either.
I mean is there such a planet whose bad placement cannot be lessened by the good placement of the other planets?
I wouldn't think so much in terms of good and bad placements - each provides its own potentials as well as challenges.
Can moons alone play a role in the achievements of a person although all other planets are in a good place? My moon is in 8 places and all other planets are in good places or not-so-bad ones.
Your Moon is in 8 places all at once?! :-? That's quite a trick! Are we talking quantum mechanics here?

Visit my blog:

The newest release of Astrolog, version 7.30, offers additional planetary moon features. :D The Swiss Ephemeris which Astrolog uses provides ephemeris files for 27 of the largest planetary moons. Astrolog now has an ability to display other planetary moon positions too, by doing Web queries to the JPL Horizons Website. Here's a list of 16 more planetary moons and their meanings, which can provide additional detail when looking at moons (which is similar in theory to looking at smaller asteroids beyond the first four and Chiron): https://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/astmoon.htm#other

This feature can be used to display other objects that might be of interest to astrologers, such as space probes. Above is an Astrolog animation showing the five spacecraft which have exited the solar system so far (Pioneer 10, Pioneer 11, Voyager 1, Voyager 2, and New Horizons) in which Swiss Ephemeris computed the planets, and JPL Horizons Web queries computed the space probes.
Knightinte wrote:Can moons alone play a role in the achievements of a person although all other planets are in a good place?
Yes, I'd say moons can definitely modify planets, in harmonious or challenging ways. For example, Jupiter in Sagittarius (a traditionally strong beneficial placement) will likely have money or other material challenges if Jupiter's moon Ganymede (representing the abundance part of Jupiter) is afflicted. The person will still have an enthusiastic Sagittarian energy, but it's more likely to manifest in areas represented by the other moons of Jupiter.

Related to moons, another thing Astrolog 7.30 supports is Uranus' rings. :D The previous version could display Saturn's rings, however I believe the angle of Uranus' rings at the time one was born has astrological significance too. Since Uranus is a slower moving "invisible" outer planet, the angle of its rings suggests more generational influences affecting society as a whole, and less individual personality characteristics. Saturn's rings always overlap Saturn's disk, however since Uranus' axis is so tilted there are periods where Uranus' rings form a circle around it, as if we were looking directly up or down upon them. Here are different energies indicated by the angle of Uranus' rings:
  • Portal: If Uranus' rings form a circle or near-circle around it, then it's like a portal or stargate is open, and revolutionary Uranian energies are radiating through unhindered. This is a period of change and new ideas. For example, the most recent "portal" periods happened in 1986 (coinciding with the personal computer revolution), and 1945 (coinciding with the end of World War II and the first use of atomic energy and weaponry).
  • Eye: If Uranus' rings form an ellipse around it, then the effect looks like an eye, with Uranus' body as the pupil. Uranian energies are still present, but they're more directed and focused, like one is being watched by a guiding power. This eye may be in the process of opening (until it becomes a portal) or closing (until it becomes grounded). Presently we are in an opening eye Uranus period, which will become a fully open "portal" in 2030).
  • Grounded: If Uranus' rings overlap the planet, then it looks like a classic ringed planet arrangement of Saturn. (Note that Saturn's rings never reach enough angle to form its own "eye" or "portal" phases when viewed from Earth.) This is the most stable and grounded part of the Uranian cycle, since it looks similar to the "grower"/"builder" periods of Saturn's rings.
  • Slice: If Uranus' rings are being viewed edge on, then it indicates a period of disruption and challenging crises. This is similar to the edge on periods of Saturn's rings. For example, the most recent "slice" periods happened in 2008 (coinciding with the Great Recession and housing crisis) and 1965 (coinciding with civil rights protests and movements). Uranus' rings during a "slice" period form a vertical line, like as produced from a downward slash of a sword.
Rings are similar to planetary moons, especially since rings are technically just moons that are too close to their planet, so that tidal forces break them apart and distribute their matter around the planet. Like planetary moons, there hasn't been much investigation into the effect of rings, since astrology software hasn't been available to explore them before now. More generally, rings are part of a general philosophy of not just treating a planet as a simple point within a sign and house, but rather looking at things within the "planetary aura" that can accentuate or modify the planet's energy. For example, things like moons, rings, and Jupiter's Great Red Spot (when that spot is pointed towards Earth) can have significance too.

The following 150 year animation shows both Saturn and Uranus and their rings side by side. Notice how Saturn takes about 7.5 years and Uranus takes 21 years for their rings to go from most visible to edge on and vice versa (i.e. from "portal" to "slice" periods or vice versa for Uranus). Currently, Uranus "portal" periods take place when Uranus is in Gemini or Sagittarius, and Uranus "slice" periods happen when it's in Virgo or Pisces, however note that those points gradually change over time due to precession:

Cruiser1 wrote: [*]Eye: If Uranus' rings form an ellipse around it, then the effect looks like an eye, with Uranus' body as the pupil. Uranian energies are still present, but they're more directed and focused, like one is being watched by a guiding power. This eye may be in the process of opening (until it becomes a portal) or closing (until it becomes grounded). Presently we are in an opening eye Uranus period, which will become a fully open "portal" in 2030).
"Coincidentally", 2030 is the year of the beginning of the Aquarius age! :D

Of course, there are different opinions about this. After looking into many, the one that really makes sense to me is the scheme suggested by Gastel Georgel.

The Lord of Aquarius "opening the portal" is a most brilliant analogy to this!

Visit my blog:

The new Astrolog version 7.40 has added planetary moon features, which make visualizing them easier. :' Astrolog 7.40 offers a graphical planetary moons chart (example above) to go along with its plain text planetary moons report that the past couple versions have had: http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog/screen/moons.png

The graphic planetary moons chart shows the orientation of all planetary moons relative to their planet at once. Moons influence their planet differently, based on whether the moon is leading or following the planet in its orbit, closer to or more distant than the planet, or above or below the planet. This "Above/Below/Close/Distant/Extend ahead/Follow behind" forms the "ABCDEF" of planetary moon interpretation. The graphics chart shows these six prominence zones for all planets, by showing geocentric and heliocentric front and top views of all planets overlayed with each other, into which all moons are placed.
Michael Sternbach wrote:"Coincidentally", 2030 is the year of the beginning of the Aquarius age! :D The Lord of Aquarius "opening the portal" is a most brilliant analogy to this!
It's cool when multiple different sources point to the significance of similar timeframes! :brows It's like expressing the same truth, just in different languages or approaching from different directions.