The Saturn/Uranus square continues to coincide with one disrupted and unexpected event after another. Breaks from serious concerns never seem to last long. But that's how Uranus likes it. Planning is not part of the allowance. You make a plan and you better also make a "Plan B."

Bitcoin made a new post-crash high on our three-star CRD which was still in force on Monday August 23. It rallied above 50,000 for the first time since early May, when it started its collapse to under 30,000 by June 22. It couldn't hold the 50,000 mark and began a pullback of nearly 10%

Perspective. It is something that is often missing during a hard aspect between Mars and Neptune. And that is what is looming ahead on Thursday, September 2, followed by Venus square Pluto on September 6. These two geocosmic signatures not only have a strong correspondence to market reversals (especially in energy, currency, and interest-rate related markets), but they also provide insight into what is happening in the world today, and what we might continue to see this week.

Mars in Virgo in opposition to Neptune in Pisces... both Neptune and mutable signs can also seem very confused and unclear as multiple crises erupt at once, and there is no easy resolution to the several uncertainties that hover over the moment...
The vision of what should have happened blows up in smoke (perfect symbol
for Mars/Neptune) and other people get hurt and angry. They demand your resignation for lack of strategy and foresight... Together, they provide conflicting narratives as to what is really true and what the right course of action should be now.
Not only is this combination potentially dangerous, but it hasn't even reached its full comic potential yet. The opposition isn't exact until Thursday, meaning it is still an "applying" aspect. It's only growing stronger, which is to say the main actors are losing control, and the demands for a burning at the stake
aren't likely to subside over the weekend. In other words, this combination can be highly irrational (Neptune), and a balanced perspective of what happened and what must be done (Mars) is lacking. In the meantime, the threat to human lives could escalate this week as we approach both the August 31 deadline for withdrawal and the September 2 peak of the Mars/Neptune opposition activating the USA natal Mars/Neptune square. Any disappointments (Neptune and squares) could be reflected in world stock indices going into this period, or shortly thereafter.

The second major aspect looming ahead is Venus in Libra square Pluto in Capricorn is likely to affect the status of the U.S. Dollar... (and cryptocurrencies: personal note)

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-08-30
Blessings!

Black Monday
"Now there is concern about another possible "Black Monday." This relates to the observation that when the U.S. stock market falls all week, the Monday of the next week is sometimes very severe. This goes back to the stock market crash of October 19, 1987, when - according to Investopedia.com - "Black Monday occurred on Oct. 19, 1987, when the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) lost almost 22% in a single day. The event marked the beginning of a global stock market decline, and Black Monday became one of the most notorious days in financial history."

Saturn/Uranus selloff ?
...This may be the start of the Saturn/Uranus selloff many financial astrologers have been expecting, and which history shows it tends to happen before the third and final passage takes place. In this case, the final pass will be on December 24, 2021.

Uneven market
...It is an uneven global market situation. China and Japan are exploding higher. The rest of the world's stock indices are imploding and falling.
India's Nifty may be an exception as it made a new all-time high early last week but started to drift lower, but not to any serious extent yet.

Bitcoin and Crude Oil
...Bitcoin and Crude Oil. Bitcoin made a new cycle high of 52,948 on September 7 and then fell hard the same day, as El Salvador attempted to issue a new national cryptocurrency that failed miserably on its initial launch. Ethereum had peaked the week before, on September 3, for a case of intermarket bearish divergence there, too. Crude Oil also peaked the week before,on September 2, but still within one day of the September 3-7

Upcoming Sun/Neptune opposition and Venus/Saturn square
...For this week there are two important geocosmic signatures. The first is the Sun/Neptune opposition on Tuesday, September 14, followed by the Venus/Saturn waning square of Friday, September 17. Both are Level 1 types, which have the highest correlation to primary cycles within an orb of 13 trading days. The Sun/Neptune generally coincides with a period when world leaders make questionable decisions that lead to great confusion.
We just discussed what that might be, in regard to the plan to force companies to have their employees get vaccinated and/or tested every week. It can also coincide with euphoria or panic in financial markets. The second aspect - the Venus/Saturn square - often coincides with an excellent buying opportunity. Any market that declines into this aspect is a candidate for a decent rally to follow.

Venus in Scorpio and Mars in Libra
...Venus will enter Scorpio (September 10-October 7) and Mars Libra (September 15-October 30). It is interesting that each planet will be in the other planet's sign of detriment.
That's a problem of cosmic meaning. Mars wants to do something, but Libra can't decide how to do it without a fight. Venus in Scorpio wants to get even and reveal the truth and the whole truth but knows that to do so would create more problems than solutions, so it's a conflict between loyalty to the clan or telling the truth that will not set anyone free in the end. The truth will only bring about retribution and revenge from those who might be exposed by it. So, once again, truth may be compromised for peace, or peace may be compromised for truth. The idea, of course, is to figure out a way to tell be honest in a diplomatic manner and maintain equanimity.

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-09-11
Blessings!

People should be watching very carefully how the Cryptos are reacting to a bit of Fear.

I'd imagine they too are riding a Wave of Credit, and that will evaporate when the Pull Back comes.

However, once the Dump has happened, in December, I think some Cryptos will be on my Shopping List.

H

WooWoo

The Venus/Saturn square may signal a level of resistance for the cryptos as Venus has to do with currencies.
As well as these dates
Sept 23rd (Venus opposition Uranus)
Dec 22nd. (Venus turning R in the previous days conjunct Pluto in Capricorn)

Any dump on these dates can be a good buying opportunity.
Blessings!

El Salvador has exceeded 500,000 users of the digital bitcoin wallet "Chivo" and installed dedicated terminals in new cities in the United States, announced Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele
"Currently we have more than half a million users" of "Chivo", welcomed President Bukele on Twitter, a week after the introduction of bitcoin as legal tender, alongside the dollar which replaced the national currency, the colon, twenty years ago.

The “Chivo Wallet??? digital wallet, which only Salvadoran ID holders can use, can be downloaded to a smartphone. The equivalent of $ 30 welcome is offered to users.

It is also accessible at terminals called "Point Chivo", installed by the authorities, which allow operations to be carried out in both currencies and, above all, to change the cryptocurrency into greenbacks.

According to the Salvadoran president, the 200 stations installed in the country "work perfectly", just like the 50 stations activated in the United States in San Francisco, Doral (Florida), Atlanta, Chicago, and Houston, Dallas, El Paso (Texas) , Laredo (Texas) and McAllen (Texas).

"In the United States, 'Chivo' terminals are installed where the law allows," said President Bukele.
The use of the digital wallet makes it possible to make transfers to bank accounts, without having to pay fees or commissions. These remittances from abroad, especially by the diaspora established in the United States, represent 22% of El Salvador's GDP.

The "technical errors encountered" by the "Chivo" are corrected to 95% , indicated President Bukele, assuring that in the coming days the system would work fully, and also noting that the number of businesses accepting bitcoin transactions was increasing every day.

The entry into force of cryptocurrency in El Salvador, the first in the world, was marked last Tuesday by technical download problems, losing 17% of its value.

France Media Agency
Blessings!

The main geocosmic factor underway now is the T-square with Venus to the Saturn/Uranus square, in fixed signs. Venus is in Scorpio through October 7, the same day that the Sun will conjoin Mars in Libra, the ruling sign of Venus. This is a complex setup, with Venus in Scorpio, its detriment, and Mars in Libra, its detriment. Venus is money and credit, whereas Scorpio is debt and concern about new taxes, both of which generate worries about the future health of the economy. Mars in Libra is a time when everyone argues that no one wants to agree to anything. It's like a quarrelsome household.

When the Sun catches up to Mars on October 7-8, the intensity of the need for agreement is high. But everyone wants to blame someone else for the failure to agree. The Democrats can't agree on the next stimulus plan, and the Republicans disagree that any additional spending is even necessary. And during all this time, the clock ticks closer and closer to the final hour when the debt ceiling must be raised lest the U.S. defaults on its financial obligations to others and eventually the government must shut down. Does anyone think they will come to an agreement before this happens? Under Mercury retrograde in the indecisive sign of Libra (September 27-October 18 )?

Several important planetary aspects are now in effect, and many difficult issues confront world governmental and economic/banking leaders. What will they do? With Mercury about to go retrograde in Libra and the Sun/Mars conjunct in Libra, and Libra always trying to find the middle ground and thus appearing to be indecisive, I don't know. And unfortunately, neither do they or anyone else. I suspect what we will see is a lot of dithering and blaming of others the closer the deadlines for action and decisions approach for each of these matters. It will, however, be an excellent period for the talking heads of opinion shows and columns. Everyone has an opinion under these signatures. But few have solutions or the power and courage to make the necessary decisions, because whatever decision is made, there is apt to be a criticism without an accompanying solution. Libran energies can be very diplomatic and supportive when positive. But they don't like criticism, and yet they can be very sharp in issuing it.
And so, as everyone dithers, stock markets wither.

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-09-20
Blessings!

A notice from the People's Bank of China on Friday complained Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital currencies disrupt the financial system and are used in money laundering and other crimes. "Virtual currency derivative transactions are all illegal financial activities and are strictly prohibited," the People's Bank of China said on its website. Lucas Manfredi, "Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP Tumble on China Crackdown," www.foxbusiness.com, September 24, 2021.

What a turnaround! And it occurred right in the middle of the Venus T-square to the Saturn/Uranus square, which took place September 17-23. In astrological parlance, this is known as the "Venus translation" of the Saturn/Uranus waning square.

... when transiting Sun, Venus, or Mars make a hard aspect to the Saturn/Uranus square, financial markets are prone to sudden and sharp moves. This time was no different as world stock indices, precious metals, treasuries, currencies, and cryptos all made sudden reversals and sharp moves last week, coincident with announcements from leaders of world governments and central banks, and surprising turns of fortunes for some companies like Evergrande.

However, there are even more powerful cosmic developments unfolding that can correspond to a major impact on financial markets. For one, the potent Sun/Mars conjunction takes place on October 7-8, just one day after the new moon in Libra and Pluto turns direct on October 6. As noted before, the Sun/Mars synodic cycle often correlates with large price declines in world stock indices if a high forms within 8 degrees.
That time band has been in force since September 13 and will last through the end of October.

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-09-27
Blessings!

World equity markets started out strong last week, rising nicely off their lows of September 20. But then Mercury the Trickster turned retrograde on Monday, September 27, and the decline that had started from all-time and multi-year highs in August and early September resumed until late this past week...
With Mercury retrograde until October 18, there is reason to doubt anything sustainable will be done 'soon'.

One of the reasons metals (and T-Notes) fell so hard is because the Dollar rose so strongly on the increasing concern that the Fed will soon start to taper. As stated before, we do not see that happening until after Jupiter re-enters Pisces and separates from its positive aspects to the Fed's Sun/Pluto opposition.
That won't be before mid-January.

Interestingly enough, even as the Dollar rallied, so did Bitcoin and Ethereum. After dropping to their major cycle lows on September 22, both cryptos soared over 20% into Friday's high. Our crypto clients are quite happy as our awesome streak in Bitcoin and Ethereum continues this year.

Let's start with the 25-month Sun/Mars synodic cycle, which takes place on October 8 in mid-Libra. Our studies have shown that this conjunction has a fairly strong correlation to large reversals within 8 days. These reversals can begin or end in this time band. The current Sun/Mars conjunction period began with market highs around September 13 (some started from highs in mid-August) and ends on November 1.
Historically, many stock indices have plunged 8-20% when a high forms slightly before or during this time frame. Most world indices have declined 5-7% so far, except the Zurich SMI, which has already met this minimum price decline target, having fallen close to 9% from its recent high on August 18. This is why we think stock indices might still have further to fall this month.

The Sun and Mars in Libra is not a strong placement astrologically. Mars is in its detriment in Libra. However, one day before the Sun/Mars conjunction, Venus will enter Sagittarius for one month (starting October 8). Venus in Sagittarius has a positive correlation to stock prices, so it would not be surprising if stock indices find a low nearby. Adding to the possibility of a reversal this week is Pluto changing directions on October 6, the same day as the new moon, with the midpoint of Mercury retrograde on October 7-8. These are all important market timing indicators. just as strong as the geocosmic indicators of a reversal mentioned above is Saturn turning stationary direct on October 11. This is a powerful Level 1 geocosmic signature that has a 70% correlation to primary or greater cycles within 9 trading days. The psychological theme of a highlighted Saturn is caution and
defensiveness. A sense of worry and anxiety about the future often prevails within a few days of this cosmic event.
All those retrogrades. It is time to review, revise, and start over again.

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-10-04
Blessings!

Bitcoin exploded again, reaching 56,141 on Friday, and starting to make a challenge to its all-time highs around 65,000. Just three months ago it was making lows around 28,800, so that is a nearly 100% gain for the leader of the cryptos.

In the so-called "stable" currencies, the Euro fell to 1.1527 last week, again on October 6, its lowest point in over a year. However, this didn't seem to bother Gold and Silver, which on Friday were at their highest levels since their recent lows on September 29. Silver especially looks interesting now, following its yearly low of 21.41 less than two weeks ago.

I had an interesting experience this past week that I hadn't encountered since college. I had a "writer's block." Typically, I wake up in the morning with an idea of what I want to examine and/or write, and begin writing all day, or at least until it is time to write my daily report for subscribers after markets close.
But that wasn't happening the previous week or even last week. Nothing was coming to me. My research was not showing anything that I would call "insightful," or "attention-getting" about 2022 It was dull; I was dull. I was also getting a little anxious because there were only so many days available to write the Forecast 2022 Book and they were passing with nothing to show.

So, I thought I would change it up a bit. Instead of waking early in the morning, I started writing late at night. Voila! There it was! Suddenly I found myself to be a late night writer, and ideas and insights began to flow. "What is this about?" I asked myself. Maybe it's Mercury retrograde. After all, Mercury is my ruling planet, the planet that rules writing, and it is located in my third house of writing. Maybe it's not just market trends that reverse under retrograde planets like Mercury. Maybe it is ordinary daily routines that get disrupted too.

Now, when you think of blocks in life, like a "writer's block," you tend to associate this with Saturn. And so it is not surprising that the next powerful Level 1 geocosmic signature unfolding will be Saturn stationary, turning direct on Monday, October 11. It is a Level 1 (strongest) signature because it has a very high correspondence (70%) to primary or greater cycles in U.S. stock markets within nine trading days. The low of last Wednesday in several world stock indices may be a primary cycle trough or a retest of one, as it would be only three trading days before Saturn turns stationary. Saturn's theme is to depress, contract, hold down. It rules walls. Maybe it rules writer's blocks, too. After all, this Saturn stationary takes place in my fifth house of creativity, and it just happens to be in an exact opposition to my natal Saturn in Leo.

It is so easy to blame Mercury retrograde and the Trickster for anything that goes wrong. And yes, my computer and essential software programs were on the blink last week too, not to mention my doorbell stopped working and the battery to the key lock in my automobile went dead.

Oh, lord. I am so glad I can now recognize Saturn is going stationary this Monday. I can quit blaming Mercury retrograde for all my writers block and turning me from a morning person back into an evening person. It makes me feel like I am in college again. But wait: isn't Saturn supposed to make you feel old?
Maybe that's just another case of Mercury retrograde reversing reality from what we would normally expect into something totally different.

As far as next week and markets go, Saturn is not the only planet changing direction within a week of October 11. Pluto ended its retrograde motion on October 6. And on October 18, both Mercury and Jupiter will cease their retrograde motions. That's four planets reversing their retrograde motions to direct within one week of October 11. That's huge and rare! It would be no wonder if financial markets reversed their trends too. And since geocosmics reflect changes in human activity, the cause of all this is likely to be a change in the focus of the collective. What seemed important before (i.e., debt ceiling, government shutdown, increasing cases of the Delta variant), may transition into something else, and with that comes new trends in both thought and market behavior.

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-10-11
Blessings!

"The Securities and Exchange Commission is set to allow the first U.S. bitcoin futures exchange-traded funds to start trading next week, a landmark victory for a cryptocurrency industry that has long sought permissions from Wall Street's top regulator. Bitcoin traded north of $60,000 on Friday, its highest level since April 17, in part on speculation the SEC would greenlight the ETFs.
Thomas Frank, "The SEC Is Poised to Allow the First Bitcoin Futures ETF To Begin Trading," www.cnbc.com, October 15, 2021.

...But right now, the chart pattern and technical picture look very bullish. But then again, it is often the case with Mercury retrograde that technicals and chart patterns look one way, but reality turns out differently.

...In retrospect, it looks like many markets ended their counter trend moves that began with Mercury retrograde or its midpoint. They appear to be resuming the trends that were in effect prior to that time.
However, with four planets switching from their retrograde to direct motions between October 6 and 18, that two-week period may also end up being a counter-trend move. Such is the nature of multiple planets turning retrograde and direct in a short span of time.

...It's not just the switch from retrograde to direct motion of Pluto, Saturn, Mercury and Jupiter. As indicated in the opening, it is also the culmination of three Jupiter transits. On Friday, the Sun and Jupiter formed a trine to one another and the stock markets of the world were sharply higher. On Monday, October 18, Jupiter will turn direct, which also has bullish implications. On Tuesday, October 19, Mars will trine Jupiter, another mostly bullish indicator. These harmonious aspects then transition into the more challenging square and opposition types, October 22 through November 17, starting with the harsh Mars/Pluto square of October 22 and ending with the powerful Mars/Uranus opposition. In between, Mars will square Saturn on November 10.

...Historically, stock markets that are rising into a Saturn/Uranus quarter cycle (conjunction, square, or opposition) top out at least 1-2 months before their final passage.

Ray Merriman's weekly column 2021-10-18
Blessings!

The price of bitcoin soared to a new high on Wednesday at more than
$66,000, driven by the launch of a financial product on Wall Street linked to cryptocurrency, a historic step for its democratization.
Bitcoin's performance is giddy: cryptocurrency, which traded for less than a dollar twelve years ago, peaked during the session at $ 66,273, up more than 50% on a months and more than 450% over one year.
The US regulator, the SEC, insisted that the index fund (ETF) launched on Tuesday, the first linked to the price of bitcoin, be backed by futures contracts linked to the cryptocurrency, and not directly to it.

The ETF launch was a success, with 24.4 million trades, "proving that there is a strong appetite for bitcoin exposure," commented Fawad Razaqzada, an analyst at ThinkMarkets.
Despite the SEC's approval to launch an ETF, "the risk of tightening regulation has not gone away and it is difficult to predict how prices will react," writes Mark Haefele, analyst at UBS.

In China, the state banned cryptocurrency transactions in late September. In the United States, Washington on Tuesday warned that the development of cryptocurrencies was weakening the effectiveness of economic and financial sanctions.

In contrast, technologies that allow cryptocurrencies to exist without a centralized issuer are of interest to central banks: in China, the launch of a digital yuan is on trial.

In Europe, the European Central Bank (ECB) has yet to decide whether it will make a digital euro available to ordinary people. But in financial markets, the Banque de France is testing the use of a blockchain and a digital euro to issue debt.

Joseph Sotinel (Agence France Presse)
Blessings!

(New York) The cryptocurrency exchange FTX Trading has completed a new fundraising of 420 million dollars, which values ​​the young company at 25 billion dollars, another sign of the appetite for this growing sector .

Posted on October 21, 2021 at 10:12 a.m.
FRANCE MEDIA AGENCY

Some 69 different investors participated in this new round table, according to a statement released Thursday, including the teachers' pension fund of the Canadian province of Ontario, Canada, illustration of the growing popularity of cryptocurrencies well beyond the circle of lovers of new technologies.

FTX Trading, headquartered in the Bahamas, previously raised $ 1 billion in July from Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, Temasek.

Established just over two years ago, in May 2019, FTX now claims a daily trade volume of $ 14 billion on its platform. The specialist site CryptoCompare estimates the trading volume for the last 24 hours at $ 4.7 billion, which places FTX in the sixth position of the cryptocurrency platforms.

The company declined to share with AFP the number of users of the platform, which FTX says has grown 48% since the last fundraiser three months ago. She also declined to say more about the shareholding and to give a list of major shareholders.

After creating an American entity, FTX US, in September the group bought a crypto-asset derivatives trading platform, LedgerX. The latter is registered with the futures market regulator, the CFTC, an important element for FTX which intends to operate as a regulated entity in a space that is still relatively small.

The authorities of many countries and investors are calling for a clearer and better defined regulatory framework to govern the functioning of the players in the sector.

FTX also recently launched its own trading platform for NFT, certificates of authenticity that attest to the ownership of a digital object, the market of which has exploded this year.

The most popular crypto-asset trading platform in the United States, Coinbase, went public last April and now weighs $ 82 billion in market capitalization.

At the beginning of September, the general manager of the world number one in the sector, the Chinese Binance, indicated that the platform hoped to list its American subsidiary on the stock market within three years.

With the launch on Tuesday of a new investment product that makes it easy to put money in a bitcoin-linked medium, the star cryptocurrency broke a record Wednesday, reaching $ 66,976.
Blessings!