Forex

Hi Skytraders,

Why are the foreign exchange courses fluctuating so wildly at the moment? Over wide ranges, fast, unpredictably...

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Chiron are all retrograde right now. Could this be key?

As every so often, all the major exchange pairs seem to hinge on the strength of the $. How is the latter going to develop?

Thoughts?

Michael

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Hello Michael,

Globally the 7 year cycle of Uranus in Taurus is affecting the banks, basic food items and currencies. Venus cycle and aspects being highlighted for any kind of exchanges. Reinforced by the Uranus/Saturn square this year where people are showing up the 2 contradictions: Let's keep doing things the old way (Saturn) and Let's free ourself from the tradition (Uranus)

Ray Merriman says that this year 'the strength of resistance is more powerful than the force of radical change' because Saturn in Rulership has dominion over Uranus. This can only lead to more frustration for people demanding changes.
He goes on to say that 'In 2021, we will look for a high and a pullback in the Euro and Swiss Franc. The next 26-month cycle trough in the Swiss Franc is due June–July 2021 +/- 5 months. The Euro is due for a 16.5-month cycle low, July–August 2021 +/- 3 months. However, these are only expected to be corrective declines, for the 5.5-year greater cycle in each is still pointed higher, indicating that in 2021, each currency will at some point likely exceed the highs of 2020. With the Euro, that means above 1.2011 and probably even 1.2550. In the Swiss Franc, that means above 1.1200, and possibly to the 1.1800 +/-.0200 level."

Money is just one part of the issue we are facing right now. As the North Node is about to enter Taurus for the next 1 y 1/2 the seasons of Eclipses will also start to play a role on the longer term for currencies.

In terms of Direct and Retrogrades, it is often more when the planets change directions that we see a shift in trend. And Stationary showing a high degree of indecision.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

This is an interesting Point, as the square hasn't delivered, except the Texas Power Outage.

"Ray Merriman says that this year 'the strength of resistance is more powerful than the force of radical change' because Saturn in Rulership has dominion over Uranus. This can only lead to more frustration for people demanding changes."

H

Ouranos wrote:Hello Michael,

Globally the 7 year cycle of Uranus in Taurus is affecting the banks, basic food items and currencies. Venus cycle and aspects being highlighted for any kind of exchanges. Reinforced by the Uranus/Saturn square this year where people are showing up the 2 contradictions: Let's keep doing things the old way (Saturn) and Let's free ourself from the tradition (Uranus)

Ray Merriman says that this year 'the strength of resistance is more powerful than the force of radical change' because Saturn in Rulership has dominion over Uranus. This can only lead to more frustration for people demanding changes.
He goes on to say that 'In 2021, we will look for a high and a pullback in the Euro and Swiss Franc. The next 26-month cycle trough in the Swiss Franc is due June–July 2021 +/- 5 months. The Euro is due for a 16.5-month cycle low, July–August 2021 +/- 3 months. However, these are only expected to be corrective declines, for the 5.5-year greater cycle in each is still pointed higher, indicating that in 2021, each currency will at some point likely exceed the highs of 2020. With the Euro, that means above 1.2011 and probably even 1.2550. In the Swiss Franc, that means above 1.1200, and possibly to the 1.1800 +/-.0200 level."

Money is just one part of the issue we are facing right now. As the North Node is about to enter Taurus for the next 1 y 1/2 the seasons of Eclipses will also start to play a role on the longer term for currencies.

In terms of Direct and Retrogrades, it is often more when the planets change directions that we see a shift in trend. And Stationary showing a high degree of indecision.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Thanks Ouranos for this very instructive post! :D

Do you see any clear indications when the currently erratic exchange courses might stabilize?

Visit my blog:

Ray Merriman quotes this article from the Financial Times
"The riddle once posed in the 1960s by former French finance minister (eventually president) Valéry Giscard d’Estaing is about to be solved. Giscard bemoaned a U.S. that took advantage of its privileged position as the world’s dominant reserve currency and drew freely on the rest of the world to support its over-extended standard of living. That privilege is about to be withdrawn. A crash in the dollar is likely and it could fall by as much as 35 per cent by the end of 2021. The reason: a lethal interplay between a collapse in domestic saving and a gaping current account deficit. In the second quarter of 2020, net domestic saving—depreciation-adjusted saving of households, businesses, and the government sector—plunged back into negative territory for the first time since the global financial crisis.
– Steven Roach, faculty member at Yale University and former Morgan Stanley Asia chair, “The End of the Dollar’s Exorbitant Privilege,??? Financial Times,
www.ft.com, October 4, 2020.

Don't expect things to settle down during Uranus transit in Taurus. The stability seeking nature of Taurus is not comfortable with the erratic Uranus as a guest. Remember that Uranus is in Fall in Taurus by modern rulership. You sit in your favorite chair in the backyard with a glass of wine and your newspaper ... and your next-door neighbour starts to mow his lawn. That's what Uranus likes to do.

Merriman said that 'Our preferred currency to add to our portfolio continues to be the Swiss Franc.'

Currencies next short term critical reversal dates:
Sept 23rd (Venus opposition Uranus)
Dec 22nd. (Venus turning R in the previous week conjunct Pluto in Capricorn)

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:Ray Merriman quotes this article from the Financial Times
"The riddle once posed in the 1960s by former French finance minister (eventually president) Valéry Giscard d’Estaing is about to be solved. Giscard bemoaned a U.S. that took advantage of its privileged position as the world’s dominant reserve currency and drew freely on the rest of the world to support its over-extended standard of living. That privilege is about to be withdrawn. A crash in the dollar is likely and it could fall by as much as 35 per cent by the end of 2021. The reason: a lethal interplay between a collapse in domestic saving and a gaping current account deficit. In the second quarter of 2020, net domestic saving—depreciation-adjusted saving of households, businesses, and the government sector—plunged back into negative territory for the first time since the global financial crisis.
– Steven Roach, faculty member at Yale University and former Morgan Stanley Asia chair, “The End of the Dollar’s Exorbitant Privilege,??? Financial Times,
Indeed, the DXY took quite a plunge earlier this year and some analysts took this as a sign of the currency's downfall in general. However, it seems to have regained its strength and analysists are divided regarding its further development.
Don't expect things to settle down during Uranus transit in Taurus. The stability seeking nature of Taurus is not comfortable with the erratic Uranus as a guest. Remember that Uranus is in Fall in Taurus by modern rulership. You sit in your favorite chair in the backyard with a glass of wine and your newspaper ... and your next-door neighbour starts to mow his lawn. That's what Uranus likes to do.
Well, Uranus entered Taurus in 2018 and will stay there until 2026. Forex trading has generally been more profitable two years ago and even last year still, although to a lesser degree. While the current market is marked by unusually high volatility, making many traders hit themselves in the forehead right now.

So it seems like even with Uranus in Taurus, there will be identifiable developments over extended time periods. But it makes sense that trends would be prone to sudden change under this influence. Short term indicators seem all the more important then, and traders should certainly stay on the alert.

As Uranus represents the Internet, online trading - and especially cryptocurrencies - should be supported by his transit through Taurus overall.
Merriman said that 'Our preferred currency to add to our portfolio continues to be the Swiss Franc.'
That's nice to hear, since I am a resident of the country of banks and cows. :D As such (as well as for some other reasons), this country seems to be quite Taurean in nature, though, and I wonder what Uranus transiting the sign may furrher have in store for her.
Cool, I will be looking out for this!

Venus representing currencies in general since she rules Taurus?

Cheers!
Michael

Visit my blog:

Yes but Venus by itself has to do with currencies and commodities.
If you are following Forex, it might be a good idea to also look at the 8 TNOs but I haven't followed it close enough to reach a conclusion.

And of course the lunation cycle. (NM,1stQ,FM,3rdQ)
In 1978, The American Federation of Astrologers published a book "Relationship of stock market fluctuations to the lunar cycle' by Frank J. Guarino. He was later sued by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for having fraudulently promoted and sold to the public several systems including his approach on the lunations.
https://www.cftc.gov
Not a good idea to defraud people using astrology!

A more serious approach is the free Weekly Forecast Newsletter by Ray Merriman
https://www.mmacycles.com/free-weekly-forecast/

Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:
Yes but Venus by itself has to do with currencies and commodities.
Why is that so? The only astro-logical explanation that comes to my mind is that Venus has one of her domiciles in Taurus.
If you are following Forex, it might be a good idea to also look at the 8 TNOs but I haven't followed it close enough to reach a conclusion.
What makes you think 'the seven dwarfs' plus Pluto/Snow White may be influencing the Forex courses?
And of course the lunation cycle. (NM,1stQ,FM,3rdQ)
In 1978, The American Federation of Astrologers published a book "Relationship of stock market fluctuations to the lunar cycle' by Frank J. Guarino. He was later sued by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for having fraudulently promoted and sold to the public several systems including his approach on the lunations.
https://www.cftc.gov
Not a good idea to defraud people using astrology!

A more serious approach is the free Weekly Forecast Newsletter by Ray Merriman
https://www.mmacycles.com/free-weekly-forecast/

Ouranos
I will look into the lunation cycle. Thanks!

Michael

Visit my blog:

Why is that so? The only astro-logical explanation that comes to my mind is that Venus has one of her domiciles in Taurus.
Money in the broader sense is a way to exchange with other people. I give you money, you give me a coffee. Or even before money, bartering as a way of exchange.
What makes you think 'the seven dwarfs' plus Pluto/Snow White may be influencing the Forex courses?
Some traditional background on the stock market
https://www.uraniatrust.org/astrology/f ... -astrology

Another astrologer to follow - Henry Weingarten
https://www.afund.com/index.html

Bill Meridian's findings on TNO's

Cupido ***Business related to communities and groups, homebuilding
Hades *** Waste removal
Zeus *** Machinery, manufacturing, railroads, automobiles, heavy industries, drilling
Kronos ***Government-related businesses
Apollon ***Distribution of all types
Admetus ***Mining, geology, semiconductors, the process of miniaturisation, nanotechnology, disk drivers, containers, building materials
Vulcanus ***Steel, aluminium, cooper, and other metals
Poseidon ***Education

The Transneptunians - Check the graphs on this website in relationship to gold
https://www.financialcyclesweekly.com/public/1012.cfm

"The orbital characteristics of the Kuiper Belt object Quaoar, discovered on June 4, 2002 by Chad Trujillo and Michael Brown at the California Institute of Technology, closely correspond to those of the Traneptunian Kronos, one of the objects designated by Witte...
we are certainly a long way from fully understanding the complete implications of the TNPs as they affect the price of Gold, even a quick look at some of these factors and their correlations with Gold cycles and significant turning points in the price of Gold can quickly convince us that this is an area worth further investigation....
...Looking at a trading history for Gold during the past several years and superimposing it with the planetary price lines generated by the Transneptunian planet Vulcanus immediately illustrates the kind of correspondences that we can discover when we apply these factors to market analysis. While Vulcanus certainly doesn't tell us everything there is to know about the price of gold, it clearly has a connection with critical levels of support and resistance in the trading history for this metal"

In Solar Fire
  • Menu bar - Dynamic
    Graphic Ephemeris
    Import Financial Data
Where to get csv data files?
https://eatradingacademy.com/software/f ... ical-data/
Follow the instructions in Solar Fire to start plotting the stock you are following and check Olga Morales on YouTube on how to do it. She shows what to look for with the W.D. Gann techniques explained here
https://cyclesresearchinstitute.org/cyc ... /w-d-gann/

Just pointing to some areas of interest if you are following the Stock Market.
Hope I am not overloading you with information here Michael. Just trying to be helpful to the hardcore fans of the stock market.

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos wrote:
Money in the broader sense is a way to exchange with other people. I give you money, you give me a coffee. Or even before money, bartering as a way of exchange.
Alright, but Venus would be more concerned about exchange in the areas of affection, love, sexuality etc., as seen from a traditional perspective, anyway. Whereas all sorts of hardcore trading would rather be associated with another classical "exchange planet", namely Mercury.
Some traditional background on the stock market
https://www.uraniatrust.org/astrology/f ... -astrology
Great reading list! :)

The only astrologer mentioned whose work in the field of economics I am familiar with is Sepharial, up to now. Alas, his rules seem to have limited applicability to Forex trading.
Another astrologer to follow - Henry Weingarten
https://www.afund.com/index.html

Bill Meridian's findings on TNO's

Cupido ***Business related to communities and groups, homebuilding
Hades *** Waste removal
Zeus *** Machinery, manufacturing, railroads, automobiles, heavy industries, drilling
Kronos ***Government-related businesses
Apollon ***Distribution of all types
Admetus ***Mining, geology, semiconductors, the process of miniaturisation, nanotechnology, disk drivers, containers, building materials
Vulcanus ***Steel, aluminium, cooper, and other metals
Poseidon ***Education
I see... You meant TNP's rather than TNO's proper.
The Transneptunians - Check the graphs on this website in relationship to gold
https://www.financialcyclesweekly.com/public/1012.cfm
The 24th harmonic of a hypothetical planet like Vulcanus? :???: Well, that's a bit of a stretch for a more traditionally oriented astrologer like myself, I am afraid.

Also, I don't really have a clue what "price lines generated by planets" is supposed to mean... Overall, that website doesn't offer too much in the way of explanatory material - at least not of the freely accessible kind.

But that's in line with my suspicion that, generally speaking, the most successful traders are making their profits not so much by trading per se, but by selling pricy courses about how to do it! ????
"The orbital characteristics of the Kuiper Belt object Quaoar, discovered on June 4, 2002 by Chad Trujillo and Michael Brown at the California Institute of Technology, closely correspond to those of the Traneptunian Kronos, one of the objects designated by Witte...
Alright, that would be one out of eight.

Back in the day, soon after the first trans-Neptunian dwarf planets had been discovered, I tried to correlate them to the Hamburg school's TNP's, but to no avail.

It might be worthwhile to take this study up again, now that further TNO's have been found and proper ephemeris are available for them all, but still, I doubt that they would have much to do with the 'Uranians'. The latter may be relevant in their own right, but they will have their existence more in the realm of "etheric planets" (in my opinion).
we are certainly a long way from fully understanding the complete implications of the TNPs as they affect the price of Gold, even a quick look at some of these factors and their correlations with Gold cycles and significant turning points in the price of Gold can quickly convince us that this is an area worth further investigation....
...Looking at a trading history for Gold during the past several years and superimposing it with the planetary price lines generated by the Transneptunian planet Vulcanus immediately illustrates the kind of correspondences that we can discover when we apply these factors to market analysis. While Vulcanus certainly doesn't tell us everything there is to know about the price of gold, it clearly has a connection with critical levels of support and resistance in the trading history for this metal"

In Solar Fire
  • Menu bar - Dynamic
    Graphic Ephemeris
    Import Financial Data
Where to get csv data files?
https://eatradingacademy.com/software/f ... ical-data/
Follow the instructions in Solar Fire to start plotting the stock you are following and check Olga Morales on YouTube on how to do it. She shows what to look for with the W.D. Gann techniques explained here
https://cyclesresearchinstitute.org/cyc ... /w-d-gann/
That sounds interesting. Unfortunately, I don't have Solar Fire installed. Right now, Astrolog and Morinus (for the more traditional stuff) are the only astrology programs on my computer. However, that may change in the future, and your respective information may come in handy eventually.

Gann seems to have offered some sound advice in regards to trading in general, at any rate. :)
Just pointing to some areas of interest if you are following the Stock Market.
Hope I am not overloading you with information here Michael. Just trying to be helpful to the hardcore fans of the stock market.
That's cool with me, Ouranos, and I surely appreciate you sharing your fairly extensive knowledge on the subject overall. :D

Even though it's true that this thread's objective is trying to shed some astrological light specifically on the Forex market, which is different from stocks, of course - despite certain similarities.

Cheers!
Michael

Visit my blog:

Ouranos wrote:Ray Merriman quotes this article from the Financial Times

Cheers!
Ouranos
Time for some feedback on this.

On Sept 23, GBP was particularly volatile. One mate had too many trades involving that currency open, and his account blew! ????

However, whether or not that actually implies a reversal in the currency's course will become obvious sometime next week, I suppose.

Visit my blog:

Long-term investment is always (when possible) best (which equates to Saturn in your chart!)
My approach to stock market is fairly simple.
- What kind of profit can you expect from your investment when you look at your chart?
For example, I have a stellium in the 11th House so investing in the company I worked for (2nd from the 10th) has been my best investment in life. And leaving an external institution manage the whole thing.
People tend to look at the 5th House. Not always! Yes if you want to do it by your own, otherwise look where your strengths are.

Golden rule:
- It is always best to buy when the Moon is separating from malefics and applying to benefics.
If you expect a decline on a stock, don't buy it when the aspect is applying (like Venus opp Uranus of Sept 23rd) otherwise you are running into a brick wall. Buy it when the aspect is over and the decline is confirmed.
- Use the Moon.
If the Moon is increasing, you will make profits especially if applying to Jupiter.
If the Sun is also applying to the planet the Moon applies to, then that's a double Yes.
When I sold the house of my deceased mother, a couple of people showed up, until one made an offer close to the Full Moon. That was it! Maximum growth had been reached. We closed the deal.
Blessings!