Unsolved famous missing person mystery

Hi everybody,

Would love to hear your input about this case: a man in his 30s, at the height of a successful career, went missing at some point in the 20th century. MAny hypotheses about his disappearance were and are circulating. Will disclose his name, circumstances and all the various hypotheses in a few weeks.

I drew a horary asking, 'What happened to Mr X after he went missing?' 29 November, 19:03, Paros, Greece.

I have a background of 30 years of psychological astrology and 20 years mundane astrology -- but am fairly new to horary.

Last edited by annadeer on Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Will give my own reading here, all comments and corrections and other interpretations welcome:

Edit: Before drawing the chart, I considered taking Mars as the significator for the guy and the Ascendant for myself, asker of the question. Upon drawing the chart and seeing the Ascendant was in Cancer and the Moon in Libra, and me being a female, sociable, professional artist, whereas the man was a mysterious, somber man in his 30s, neither artistic nor sociable, I took it and still take it that my choice to take Scorpio MArs as his significator was right.

Mars being the significator for the man, in its own sign Scorpio indicates he is doing well and choose to disappear himself -- no sign of murder or suicide.

Neptune conjunct MC trine Mars indicates both the mystery conditions of his disappearance, and the spiritual nature of his character. The trine seems to indicate that whatever happened, was of a peaceful nature. The disappearance seems to have been a decision of his own, inspired by spiritual and/or emotional and/or delusional motives.

Mars is 1 degree away from a sextile with Venus -- which seems to indicate he willingly planned to or had signed a professional contract of some sort - or planned to meet with a lover.

Mars approaches a square with Jupiter -- indicating a move to another country.
Last edited by annadeer on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Annadeer,

In Imgur, click on your image you have downloaded and copy the BBI link
Paste it in your post.

As for the mysterious man I would say he is an artist
Moon in Libra in the 4th and Neptune on the MC
Moon also conjunct Fixed Star Zaniah gives refinement, honor, congeniality, order, and a lovable nature. It is of the nature of Mercury and Venus (courteous, affable, orderly, elegant, sweet-tempered, lovable, refined, artistic, honor and riches.)
They also say - With Moon: Sow, plant, take medicine but do not travel or marry.
https://astrologyking.com/zaniah-star/

Moon last trine Part of Death 2 Gem 43 conjunct North Node and the ruler Mercury combust the Sun.= We may never know the truth, a death in the shadow.

Just guessing here!
Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Ouranos, thanks so much for your reading! Huge question, though. I was the one who asked the question. Moon being the ruler of the Ascendant, and moreover me being a woman, I took and still take it that the Moon is me, not the missing man... I took Mars for the missing person, a man in his 30s...

However, or should I say, moreover, I am a professional artist -- the missing person was not. I take the nice things you say about the Moon for myself. :)

Would love to hear your and other people's thoughts.

Annadeer- is he a friend then, 11th lord? Assigning significators is important in interpreting the chart and Lilly would check that they fit the person being asked about. Normally the ascendant is given to the missing person but if it doesn't fit the person I would use the one that does fit them. It is good you clarified that the ascendant doesn't work as that is what I would have chosen, like Ouranos.

Often missing person charts are event charts and those always have the missing person as the 1st house.

If this is personal it may be best to move it to the member's only forum. If the question was merely one of curiosity the chart may not be radical, as it would just be a test of horary itself.

Tanit, thank you so much for your input.

Firstly, this is not someone I personally knew at all. This is a semi-famous person. There were and still are many hypotheses circulating about his disappearance. I learnt about this case via a friend.

Unaware of the custom to use ascendant for the missing person, I had consciously decided before drawing the chart to consider taking the Ascendant for myself and Mars for him -- and after drawing the chart, seeing Moon was the ruler of the Ascendant, Mars seemed more fitting anyway.

A question: why do you attach more importance to the Saturn Square (12 degrees ago) and the Uranus opposition (9 degrees ago), than to the trine with Neptune and the upcoming Venus sextile (1 degree away)? And isn't Mars being in his own sign, and the trine with Neptune, an indicator that he did not suffer any harm?

I edited my comment after I reread the post and realized he probably wasn't an 11th house person. I am not sure how to interpret this chart. When you stated he was Mars, the current configuration made me think of someone I was close to who recently committed suicide because this pattern was important in his death. A dignified lord can show they had control over their own death (IMO).

Mars did recently square Saturn in the 8th (and opposed Uranus) without reception. Since they have been missing I would look more so at past aspects for clues about why/how, although future ones may show if they will be found or could color the influences as to why if they are within a tight orb of influence, I would imagine.

thanks a lot Tanit3333.

I understand the logic of dignified lord taking control of own death -- however, the Neptune trine and the venus sextile seem too peaceful, IMO, for suicide -- and of course I may be wrong -- it could also refer to him finding peace in suicide

He was considered a rather depressed and misanthropic person, and had health problems -- the past square to Saturn may refer to that.

I will at some point post the name, circumstances and current hypotheses -- but would love to read more interpretations first

Annadeer,

Make sense to choose the House and planet that best describe the person in this case.
If we choose the 7th, does Capricorn with Venus describe the person?
Saturn being the Almuten of the 7th and Mars Almuten of the 8th. And Mars and Saturn Antiscia to each other and natural for death cases.
Adding...
Mars conjunct the star Cor Serpentis is of the nature of Mars, but classical astrologers say it is of the nature of Saturn. In any event, it is an evil mischief maker presaging accidents and violence of all kinds. It gives immorality, accidents, violence and danger of poison as per George Noonan.

I don't think Venus would prevent the mischief in this case. It would point to being accompanied by a lover, woman or others. As for the applying aspects, they would describe something 'in the future' but we know that there is no future in this case. Better to look at past aspects.

Best,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Libra is a masculine sign.

It's the astrologer's (your) call eventually; I'm sure you're aware that the traditional consensus is that a missing person is the ascendant and the Moon. For example, Lilly said in Christian Astrology, page 151:

"If a Question be demanded of one absent in a general way, and the querent hath no relation to the party; the first House, the Lord of the first House and the Moon shall signify the absent party."

Generally, in horary, the Moon is also the subject matter. I'm sure you're a refined artist, but the subject matter of this chart really seems to have very little to do with you.

So I hope you'd allow me to delineate from the Moon and the ascendant lord. If so, my best guess would be a young person close to home, probably a servant, had done harm to him.

To begin with, we see that the 8th lord is in the 8th, trine Moon: the person's dead and his death is central to the subject matter, which is how and why he went missing.

Here's why I think a young servant might be involved: before Saturn, Moon is sextile a combust Mercury and the Sun that combusts Mercury. The Moon is also applying from Sun's sign of fall, which renders the sextile a weak and unfriendly contact.

This Mercury, being combust, could be malicious and has hidden agenda. Saturn collect all these significators. Moon is received into the house of death by exaltation. Normally, if we read Bonatti, a single reception itself is not enough to signify "death", but this is a trine and Moon has already aspected a combustion before reaching Saturn.

Mercury, my suspect, rules the 4th and the 12th. The moon itself is in the 4th, again emphasising that house. I think it was someone very close to him who was a hidden enemy and who had something to do with his missing. Mercury is a young person, and 6th is servants, hence the above conjecture.

Just speaking from what I see. :)

Ouranos, thanks so much for your input!

Venus in Capricorn could definitely be a fit for the missing person's misanthropic character - but still, it would seem more apt to me for an elder woman than for a young man -- and as i had in mind to use Mars, and as a Scorpio Mars would be a fit for a mysterious, broody young man -- why not stick to that rather than going for Venus?

On the other hand, I had overlooked checking the fixed stars. Thanks for the remark. Serpentis definitely doesn't look good. But it could also refer to his rather gloomy personality than to the nature of his disappearnce, couldn't it?

Another question: why is Mars the Almuten of 8?

And a final remark: we are not sure that there was no future -- i will later explain the case and the existing hypotheses, but although murder and suicide were among the hypotheses, there were other ones too, in which he went on living

Thanks again, and welcoming more readings from anybody interested