I posted a horary about this case in the horary section.
I will below dissect my own theory about his disappearance,
based on asteroids.
Would love to read your theories.

First, some background

Ettore Majorana was an Italian physicist, considered a genius.
In March 1938, at the age of 32, he disappeared.
The last trace of him was a letter he sent on March 26.
He probably took the night boat from Naples to Palermo on March 25.
He left a note to his family that sounded like a suicide note,
but had taken all his money from the bank, a huge amount, a few days earlier,
and on the 26th he sent a letter to his university that contradicted suicide plans.

There is a lot of fascinating info on him online
and several books were written about him.
Here’s a good article about his disappearance:
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... e_Majorana

Here are all the hypotheses that are and were circulating,
all with some sort of evidence (posted here in random order)

1. he committed suicide (but why would he have taken up all his money, the equivalent of today’s 30,000 euros, a few days earlier?)
2. he was murdered by the Nazis (but why? his scientific genius could be of great help to them)
3. he was murdered by another party who wanted to prevent him from working with the nazis on the atomic bomb
4. he voluntarily chose to help the nazis in their atomic bomb research
5. he was kidnapped by the nazis and forced to work on the atomic bomb
6. he emigrated to Argentina or Venezuela
7. he retreated in a monastery
8. he eloped with a male lover or chose to disappear because he was gay
9. he went on to live as a beggar

(continued below)
Last edited by annadeer on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(continuation of my previous post)

His natal Saturn retrograde conjunct his Ascendant 9 Pisces (fortunate star Skat) makes both the beggar hypothesis and the monastery hypothesis seem fitting for his character.

His natal Mars unaspected except for a perfect inconjunct with Uranus,
made me think he was gay or bi, even before I read the gay hypothesis.

Asteroid Argentina is conjunct his North Node, which makes it plausible that at some point he emigrated there.

When he disappeared, transiting Mars was conjunct Uranus, square his natal Sun. In his Lunar Return Mars was in the first house, squaring Pluto. This sounds dark and violent, and could refer to murder. But it could also refer to an inner conflict, and /or to himself turning to research of the dark, violent kind. Besides, everybody with Sun around 12 Leo, Aquarius, Taurus or Scorpio would have experienced the same transit.

The 4th scenario, that he chose to cooperate with the Nazis in their atomic bomb research, is the scenario that I personally consider most likely.
He was a nuclear physics genius, and had expressed anti-semitic thoughts in letters. He also expressed anti-German ideas, but as he was an extremely smart man, this could have been a cover-up.
Italians don’t like this hypothesis though, so more research was done to support the other hypotheses.

Sun in Leo (unaspected except for an inconjunct with Saturn),
Mars in Leo (unaspected except for inconjunct with Uranus),
Mercury in Leo (conjunct Part of Fortune, but at 23 Leo also next to the very dark 22d degree of ‘own worst enemy’ )
and Venus in a perfect square with Pluto,
makes me think he had enough ego and aggression in his personality
to do something like cooperating with the Nazis.

However, what convinced me were the asteroids.
I tracked the position of the asteroids Germania + all asteroids carrying names corresponding to the 3 major nazi atomic bomb researchers Fritz Strassman, Otto Hahn, Lise Meitner and to his friend German top physicist Werner Heisenberg in his 37-38 Solar Returns, in his progressed chart, and in the Lunar Return for the month he disappeared.
— and they all show up at crucial, highly personal spots
— to the extent that I am perplexed.

(continued in next post)
Last edited by annadeer on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Will zoom in here just on the asteroids around the time of his disappearance,
in the light of the Nazi hypothesis.
Am not zooming in on other astrological factors.

All feedback welcome, as well as your own astrology-based theories about his disappearance.
If any of you feel like doing more research about other astro factors,
I would be very interested to read your analysis.

With 2 decades of experience in seeing relevant asteroids popping up at sensitive personal spots in lunar and solar returns,
I can almost not believe that the Nazi hypothesis is not the right one.
Unless the lunar, solar and progressed charts just indicate possibilities,
like quantum state superpositions,
without certainty that they were realised…
Which would be a theme for the philosophical forum, I guess.
But even if they just indicate possibilities,
these asteroids showing up in these charts leaves me perplexed.

So here my data:

Majorana was friends with famous German physicist Werner Heisenberg,
who sympathised with the Nazis.
The main scientists in charge of the nazi atomic bomb project were
Lise Meitner, Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassman.

I used the asteroid databank of Astrodienst.com.

NATAL CHART

Asteroid Ottohahn (the head of the German atomic bomb research team, and yes, there is an asteroid named after him) is exactly conjunct Majorana's natal ascendant 9 Pisces!!
Asteroid Heisenberg is exactly conjunct his natal Part of Fortune & Mercury
at 23 Leo (22 Leo being a very unfortunate degree, ‘Own worst enemy).
Asteroid Meitner is 6 degrees away from his natal Mercury.
Asteroid Fritz(heide), is conjunct his natal Part of Fortune and Mercury,
and Fritz(perls) conjunct his natal Moon.

LUNAR RETURN MARCH 1 1938 (the month he disappeared)
Asteroid Germania (7 Aries) and Werner (8 Aries) conjunct his LR ascendant (6 Aries)
Asteroid Heisenberg, conjunct Eris and Saturn in the 12th house, 3 degrees away from his LR Ascendant.
Asteroid Hahn at 20 Pisces, between his LR Part of Fortune (25 Pisces) and LR Venus (16 Pisces)

SOLAR RETURN 1937

Asteroid Germania conjunct his natal Ascendant
Asteroid Meitner conjunct his SR Part of Fortune
Fritz (huber) conjunct his SR MC

SOLAR RETURN 1938

Asteroids Ottohahn and Lise conjunct his SR Moon

PROGRESSED CHART 1938
Asteroid Hahn conjunct his progressed Moon and conjunct his progressed Ascendant
Asteroid Meitner conjunct his progressed Part of Fortune
Last edited by annadeer on Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Hi annadeer
For me it looks like he was killed he knew too much.If I read it right it was his 8th house profected year.So Venus ruler in the protected 12th secret enemies.& natal 7th open enemies.There is an exact square to Pluto in the 4th house in Gemini from a fallen Venus.A Solar eclipse occurs over his Pluto close to the time & it's ruler mercury forms an exact conjunction by solar arc to natal venus. If I use my time lord technique 5 degrees of libra is activated which squares Uranus in Capricorn opposite the Pluto Jupiter conjunction this speaks to me of secret religious/masonic organisations to which he may have belonged,,,,Jupiter cancer. The Venus Pluto square has Mars as its midpoint which is also at 5 degrees invisible by the sun, mars ruler of the 9th hidden knowledge because it is in the suns rays.With Uranus activated & mars both at the 5 degree & Uranus ruling the 12th of secrets he may have known too much for somebodies liking. Thats my spin hope that helps

hi annadeer,

fascinating example and speculations on your part... i don't follow the asteroid data, but i do find it quite fascinating how you have sort of deducted a conclusion here on what little you have to go on..

there are some interesting midpoints to his chart - sun/moon = uranus( by hard aspect) which would seem to strengthen the concept of him being a genius of sorts...

at the time of his disappearance solar arc sun is opposite his rising saturn... saturn is at the asc/mid midpoint... as you note in the transit data - mars/uranus squares onto his sun, and also is in the bends of the nodal axis... t uranus is essentially making a transit to the 10th house of the sun here, suggesting a radical change in direction.. the cluster of planets in the 6th house, along with the leading planet mars, rising ahead of the sun suggest an emotional response is more likely and one related to his work.. this is heightened given the transits...

the minor progressions highlight a sun-pluto opposition( secrecy and subterfuge) while mp jupiter opposes his natal saturn, perhaps giving him more confidence to break out of what he might have thought was a restrictive place to be... perhaps someone made him an offer and he opted to take it...

in keeping with saturn rising, i read this via the wikipedia page on him -
""In the fall of 1933, Majorana returned to Rome in poor health, having developed acute gastritis in Germany and apparently suffering from nervous exhaustion. Put on a strict diet, he grew reclusive and became harsh in his dealings with his family. To his mother, with whom he had previously shared a warm relationship, he had written from Germany that he would not accompany her on their customary summer vacation by the sea. Appearing at the institute less frequently, he soon was scarcely leaving his home; the promising young physicist had become a hermit. For nearly four years he shut himself off from friends and stopped publishing."[4]: 71 "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ettore_Majorana

my only other thought is the suicide option... saturn is in the suns 8th house in this chart as is the moon, if you use sidereal zodiac... it would seem a heavy load for him to carry - moon ruling the cancer sun in the sidereal chart as well... my problem with this is him pulling all his money out of the bank... it doesn't make sense on that front... plus he had travels and relationships with germany.. it is more likely your perspective on this is correct.. thanks for sharing your interesting inquiry and speculation with us...

Zosma, thanks a lot for your reading. That's a lot of technicalities that I am (as a more modern astrologer) not used too, but gives me food for study!

James, my pleasure, and thanks a lot for your input

Majorana, Ettore

5 August 1906 at 20:15 (= 8:15 PM )Catania, Italy, 37n30, 15e06

Death, Mysterious 26 March 1938 in Palermo (Boarded ship in Palermo evening of 26 March 1938. Was never seen again.)

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Majorana,_Ettore

Calculations are sidereal.

Lunar Return (Harmonic 16)

lunar ME/MN = lunar NE/PL = Lunar UR/PL = lunar MA/NE = r VE/SA = r MO/ME = r SU

lunar ME/MN = r MO/ME shows that it is a suicide.

Here is my research on suicide cases :

https://archive.org/details/Astrologica ... chSuicide1

lunar NE/PL shows the deep waters.

VE is the neck.

SU shows the person who committed the suicide.

Solar Return (Harmonic 16)

solar MO/ME = r SU/NE = r MA/SA = r PL

MO/ME = MA/SA shows the suicide again
SU/NE = PL shows the deep waters

solar MA/SA = r SU (death of the person)

Last moon phase before the incident as transit :

24.03.1938 2:06:02 GMT+1 9°50'10"Sgr Last Quarter

These planetary pictures also clearly show death by suicide.

Harmonic 16

t Asc = t ME/MN = r MA/SA
t ME = r MO/ME = r SU/MO
t MN = r ME
t SU/MO = r MO= r MN

https://archive.org/details/@cemalcicek

Linchi, thanks a lot for your input. That looks impressively detailed and technical. It will take some time for me to study all that.

I am totally open to the suicide theory. However, the asteroids at these personal points keep puzzling me. I mean, what are the odds of him having Ottohahn conjunct his natal Ascendant, and Germania both conjunct his Solar Return Ascendant and his Lunar Return Ascendant for the month he disappeared?

It could of course be, that Germany and the nazis were simply foremost on his mind that year and that month -- and might even have played a role in his decision to commit suicide, if that's what he did -- and that that's why they show up...

Or maybe the returns just show quantum probabilities...

I know most people on this forum are traditional astrologers and don't deal with asteroids. Nevertheless I think both approaches can work together and would love to hear insights on this asteroid phenomenon.

annadeer wrote: I know most people on this forum are traditional astrologers and don't deal with asteroids. Nevertheless I think both approaches can work together and would love to hear insights on this asteroid phenomenon.
hey! there is a place for you here as well and your work is fascinating.. continue!

james_m wrote:
annadeer wrote: I know most people on this forum are traditional astrologers and don't deal with asteroids. Nevertheless I think both approaches can work together and would love to hear insights on this asteroid phenomenon.
hey! there is a place for you here as well and your work is fascinating.. continue!
I have to second James' here. I've been lurking on this one but have found the comments and insights intriguing.
~AJ