who took my fancy reading glasses?

I left my very expensive reading glasses on the table in the dining room of a hotel -- half an hour later, they were gone. Note, only 3 guests in the entire place. One of them never gets up before noon, so it wasn't her.

So it's either
1. the other guest -- whom I've known for a few years, we did hang out at times, then started avoiding each other, yet remaining polite when we happened to be in the same room or with the same company -- she's a difficult woman, picking fights with a lot of people -- she does have the same taste as I do, and for sure she would know my glasses were expensive -- she's my main suspect, but maybe my suspicion is colored by my disliking her

2. either someone else from outside the hotel happened to walk in and took them[/b]

3. another possibility would be that I am wrong thinking I left them at the table and that I dropped them elsewhere -- but this seems highly unlikely to me [/b]
Last edited by annadeer on Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I made the horary, but before drawing the horary, i changed the question in 'what happened to my reading glasses and will I get them back?'

I decided to take Venus as the significator, as they were expensive and beautiful, and the second house ruler, since that's what Deb recommends for lost objects -- Mercury, which happens to be conjunct Venus, in Capricorn in the 9th.

Seeing the North Node in the first house close to the Ascendant gave me hope to get them back, but all the rest seems negative:

- Caput Algol on Ascendant
- Moon debilitated in Scorpio in the 6th house, leaving a sextile with the Sun and approaching an opposition with Uranus and a square with Saturn -- moreover, Saturn is the dispositor of both Mercury and Venus.
So I won't get them back.

Now what happened to them?

MArs, ruler of the 7th house, in the 7th house, makes an exact sextile to Saturn, the dispositor of both Mercury and Venus -- which according to Deb, indicates someone else took them.

ANybody else any insights or comments on my reading? And, for the sake of exercise, is there a way to get info about who took them?

To answer my own question, I see now that Mercury and Venus make a sextile with Neptune, ruler of the 11th, in the 11th -- so I take it that my suspicion is right, it was the lady I used to hang out with (I didn't mention it above, but I used to consider her as a friend) -- unless another 'friend' happened to walk in -- but that's so extremely unlikely

Do you agree this reading is correct?

And what's the meaning of Neptune conjunct POF, and the significators of the glasses making a sextile with POF?

The last aspect the ascendant lord made was to conjunct Mercury, the 2nd lord, via retro movement. I would think the item was lost when dealing with something Mercury-related (writing, reading, etc.) and Capricorn being strong can suggest it was dropped because it indicates low places and places near boundaries. Normally in missing items when things are dropped there is an opposition though in my experience but in those experiences the item was recovered and the item was usually still there or was found by someone helpful so that might be why it isn't indicated here.

I agree that the chart shows poor recovery and that someone likely took the glasses. The Moon separates from the 4th lord (location of the lost item) in the 8th house of loss and applies to square Saturn on an angle without reception. Planets on angles indicate thieves often (although usually ill dignified planets but Saturn is collecting light from peregrine Mars) and it is also combining with Mars in the 7th house of thieves via sextile, collecting light from a suspicious peregrine planet, which is the 12th lord in the 7th. The Moon is cadent and in a sign of an infortune. I would look at a person who fits the description of Saturn considering it is so strong and the Moon applies to square it without reception. I might think of Saturn as a worker at the hotel because it does often represent service workers (people in positions that are not high), "day-laborers" as described by Lilly. I think Moon in the 6th could be supporting this too and Mars is lording the Moon in the 7th house of thieves.

Since the ascendant is conjunct Algol, beware of losing your wits and accusing someone without proof. Your intuition could be wrong. Also, Jupiter in Pisces is in the 11th and the Moon separated from it first via trine, which I think shows honest friends. Does the friend fit the description of Saturn or Mars here? Can you describe their age, physical appearance, etc.?

It's interesting Venus is retrograde. Normally retro sigs can be good in missing items horaries because they can signal a return but here Venus moves away from Mercury and they never meet again because they each play musical chairs turning retro and then direct. Maybe you were very close to finding the glasses but missed it by a hair.

Thanks a lot for your insights Tanit!

DOn't worry, I wouldn't go so far as accusing anybody publicly! This chart is mainly for exercise. Also, this happened a while ago.

There was no staff at all in the hotel that morning -- but it could be that someone from maintenance entered and took them -- actually, there is one maintenance worker in particular who comes to my mind.

But Neptune ruler of the 11th in the 11th does make a sextile with Mercury and Venus, why wouldn't you see that as an indication of the friend hypothesis?

PS a funny detail: Ceres conjunct the Ascendant is relevant: I'd come down from my bedroom with my glasses because I wanted to go check in the kitchen what the name was of the cheese I'd eaten for breakfast (cuz it was really good -- and it was haloumi :))

Just to add a few additional comments here.

VenusL1 separating from Mercury L2 is Retrograde as you mentioned but also under the Beams
Venus and Mercury are both ruled by Saturn whom the Moon is applying by square.
And that Moon is in Fall, Via Combusta, under the Earth, waning, in a Water sign (nobody is talking) and in the fallen 6th. That's a lot to carry for a recovery. An employee of the hotel might be involved.

POF conjunct Neptune receiving the sextile of Venus is a good testimony for recovery but the POF in Pisces is viewed as a Part of Misfortune (Jacobson) and is also conjunct the Part of Sickness (ASC + Ma - Sa)
The last aspect the Moon makes before leaving Scorpio is a conjunction to the South Node, 29th degree in the 7th.

Mercury applying to Pluto, your glasses most likely ended up in a pawn shop.

Interesting the coincidence with Ceres and Haloumi. I think you have the name of the thief here!
Blessings!

Thanks a lot Ouranos for your insights!
So both you and Tannit mentioning someone who works at the hotel,
made me think of a shady looking maintenance worker who’s always coming and going, never greets me, and is known for killing off street cats and their kittens.

Inspired by Ouranos’ remark in the asteroid thread ‘Who stole my lunch box?’ I decided to consult the asteroids.
The lady I suspected is called Johanna. I used asteroids Joanna, Johanna, Johannes and Johannatann.
The maintenance worker’s name is Giannis. I used Gianni.
There happens to be an asteroid Glass, which I used too, of course.
The brand of the glasses was Anne and Valentin. I used asteroid Valentine.

In the horary, Johanna doesn’t show up at any significant spot.
However, Gianni shows up conjunct the MC and Saturn!

And here the lunar return for the month they disappeared (this was a year ago):
Gianni conjunct Valentine conjunct Glass opposite Mars!
And all three Johanna’s at extremely sweet spots:
one conjunct Jupiter, one conjunct Venus, one conjunct North Node
(shame on me for having suspected her)

How crazy is this? But then, maybe not crazier than a traditional horary.

Last edited by annadeer on Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ouranos, and asteroid Johnny happened to be conjunct Pluto in the horary, also near MC and Venus/Mercury :D

But it's the Valentine/Glass/Gianni conjunction in the lunar return that astonishes me most

And what's the meaning of Neptune conjunct POF, and the significators of the glasses making a sextile with POF?
It might represent confusion due to being unsure whether the friend did it? Neptune often signifies something that is a mystery we cannot solve or there is a cloud of smoke around it in some way and we can't make heads or tails of it and it bothers us. Normally when I think of a false friend I think of the 11th lord in the 12th (hidden enemy) or the 7th (open enemy) but I suppose Neptune can also show deception around the house it is in. Most of the time I think Neptune just confuses us more than it outright deceives us though. Here the 11th lord is in the 11th and dignified and a benefic, so it would be odd to me to think it is them but it would be up to you to make sense of the chart given the key players of the planets and those potential suspects.

The only thing I could see suggests a friend is Mars is disposited by the 11th house lord and is in the house of theives, but at the same time Mars is squaring the 11th house so it isn't friendly towards that house. It lords the 12th and 7th also, both potentially enemy houses. Mars-Neptune squares brings to mind someone who thinks being a thief is glamorous in some way. Mars is a natural friend to Venus as far as planetary friendships go but I don't think that's enough given how Venus itself is friends with many planets and Jupiter is again friends with Venus and isn't afflictive here. Saturn is the only natural planetary enemy of Venus, so I again feel pulled especially towards that planet but Mars seems to further describe the thief in some way. Mars and Sag are both masculine.
made me think of a shady looking maintenance worker who’s always coming and going, never greets me, and is known for killing off street cats and their kittens.

This sounds very much like a peregrine Mars in a fire sign in a day chart in the 7th house. Mars often works with its hands and machinery and is associated with cutting things and can be cruel. Saturn can be cruel as well but less so in the day. Mars is more cruel in the day. Perhaps Mars-Saturn is how the glasses were exchanged with someone else. He may have given it to a family member (turned 4th), such as his mother.