[Outcome Listed] Is moon/sun opp the hardest aspect?

Hi everyone,

I have a specific question about a chart. I have already done some research and came across a post on oppositions on this site that mentioned moon/sun opposition, as seen in this chart.

The question for the chart was, will their midyear review go well, this is in relation to someone being bullied by their manager and in a very toxic work environment.

My specific question was how to interpret the moon/sun opposition in this case, I know that it is the most negative aspect and the moon/sun is traditionally seen as the worst to navigate.

I know the chart is valid as L7 (Venus) the manager is sitting in L10 and retrograde, so week. I wonder is this speaks to the managers health and well being, they have been very toxic and having mental health and physical health challenges.

L1 is the in L4, (L7s L10), so both sitting each others career houses.

Appreciate any help if you've experienced or navigated a moon/sun aspect, specifically since the moon, L1's co-sig is in the strongest position possible, domicile and face and in an angular house.

L1 is undergoing some serious mental health challenges right now because of it.

https://imgur.com/a/FoVQzKC
Last edited by Wisdom Joy on Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you!
WJ

Hi Wisdom Joy - the ascendant is too early and is a consideration against judgment. Is the hour ruler in agreement?

I wouldn't really interpret this as Moon-Sun opp since the aspect is not only separating but out of sign in the chart. Keep in mind the opposition is simply a full Moon. The conjunction is a new Moon. It shows a full Moon just completed and the Moon is now waning. In the occult in general, this might show a crisis happened or something is coming to a close rather than beginning or building up in energy. When the Moon begins to wane towards a new Moon it often shows the beginning of an end to something. Lilly gives Moons decreasing in light (waning) as an accidental debility because it can show a decrease in strength but it also can show getting rid of something, lessening of something, or something concluding when you think more about the symbolism. That is why when borrowing money you might want a waning Moon rather than a waxing one, for example.

I don't always interpret it as negative when it is aspecting and applying but it might show a huge change or peak of something and can show a crisis (more so when the nodes are involved and there is an eclipse though). Again, it isn't applying here though. It would depend a lot on the subject matter and what the full Moon is representing in the chart.

In a chart where someone is asking about career matters and gains then a waning Moon after a full Moon could be negative but the bigger problem is probably Mercury rx and approaching towards combustion (out of sign but within orb). I don't interpret charts with combust querents, even more so when retrograde.

You can find here, An Annotated Lilly by Deborah Houlding
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/CA.html
In About Part VI, Aspects and planetary configurations (CA p. 105-114)

"The quadrate aspect is a sign of imperfect enmity; and that the opposition is an aspect or argument of perfect hatred."
"The square, that the matter is not yet so far gone, but there may be hopes of reconciliation betwixt them, the other significators or planets a little helping. But if I find the main significators in opposition, it's then in nature impossible to expect a peace between them till the suit is ended, if it be a suit of law; until they have fought, if it be a challenge."
Consider some of the keywords for the square: challenges, tests, motivates, pressures - It has a Mars quality.
And the opposition: opposes, confronts, makes conscious, brings to a head, reaches the limit of. It has a Saturn quality.

The Moon last over MercuryL1, next dexter square to Uranus (more forcible) in 12th and opposition to Saturn L10 in 10th. Something needs to be given up here. Waning Moon has a dry quality. You don't water your job anymore.

As for the combustion of MercuryR, the Sun hastens to it, which is more damageable than receding from Mercury.

Best to you,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Hi Tanit,

Thanks so much for pointing this out. This question isn't mind so I'm not sure if it is similar since it's two different L1s?

Oddly enough I think the moon in domicile and angular really helped. L1 was ready to get on the call and have to defend themselves significantly and L7 completely backed down, gave a ton off complimentary feedback (I don't it's genuine) and the review went well apparently.

Did not see this outcome, especially with my friend having so much anxiety.
Thank you!
WJ

Oddly enough I think the moon in domicile and angular really helped.
As I said, I don't view full Moons as always negative like some astrologers do. In my experience, it often shows the peak of an important chapter or the culmination of something or making an important decision that leads to a change or choosing between something. It is a significant placement and I wouldn't expect to see it is in a trivial question because it might represent an important moment in the person's life.

Hi Tanit,

Thanks for your note. I’m happy to share more about it I just have to connect with my friend over the weekend to get the details. More information to come for anyone who is interested.

Thanks,
Thank you!
WJ

More information: friend (L1) being bullied for approximately 4 months now. The team in general is a flight risk and looking to quit, there’s favouritism with one manager and everyone else has varying degrees of unhappiness. L1 specifically has flagged concerns to a director confidentiality, this went up to one of the senior partners. Minimal change or resolve.

The question came because she thought her boss that really dislikes her was using the meeting to retaliate and formally push her out. The circumstances were strange because L1 made a comment about being picked on and the managers response was to send a cryptic note about moving up the performance review date.

Outcome: manager backed down significantly and spoke about being very invested in seeing L1 grow. My personal perspective is this is the tenants of a bullying relationship. L1 feels like something was different this time. Feedback was positive, not negative, spoke about longevity of being able to continue to evolve and grow here.

One new advancement, the leader of the MC practice across all of the county mentioned to some senior partners, her manager included that she’s being mentored by her. I’m assuming this adds a layer of protection for L1.

So maybe thé full moon did cause a new shift. My friend was considering a mental health leave right before this.
Thank you!
WJ

Tanit3333 wrote:
Oddly enough I think the moon in domicile and angular really helped.
As I said, I don't view full Moons as always negative like some astrologers do. In my experience, it often shows the peak of an important chapter or the culmination of something or making an important decision that leads to a change or choosing between something. It is a significant placement and I wouldn't expect to see it is in a trivial question because it might represent an important moment in the person's life.
Hi Tanit, I’m always paying attention to all the info you gave in every answer you post, would you mind in giving me your insights about a new moon? Please! and more if the moon also represents the querent. You said here “When the Moon begins to wane towards a new Moon it often shows the beginning of an end to something. Lilly gives Moons decreasing in light (waning) as an accidental debility because it can show a decrease in strength but it also can show getting rid of something, lessening of something, or something concluding when you think more about the symbolism.???, so basically can mean that the cycle is arriving to an end? For example if she or he asked about his job so it would meant it would be done at some point? Or If you asked about a relationship so it means that relationship would be over?

Thank you Tanit

I've seen Tanit talking about this as well. IRL, this moment triggered Q1 firmly deciding that they are leaving their job for good in the upcoming 6 months. The relationship with their manager has disintegrated, but they are NOT being bullied in the same way. A very senior manager has given Q1 a bit of reprieve by expressing with others that there is a mentor relationship.

It seems like the full moon was the elimination of a very dark cycle.
Thank you!
WJ