Will the mechanic be able to fix my car

My very reliable car broke down suddenly (Mercury rx at work) and I was having trouble getting ahold of a dealership to troubleshoot it. My user manual said it might be a complicated issue but I had a feeling it was just the battery. I decided to try a local mobile mechanic who could come to my house and try the battery. My question was if I was right and if the mechanic would be able to fix the problem or would I need to get help elsewhere.

I debated back and forth between using the 6th and 7th lord for the mechanic. You might also debate between Venus as the 3rd lord or Mercury as the 2nd lord and natural ruler of moving objects like cars. The car is a silver/grey color so I ended up using Venus in Cap (grey and light colors) but Mercury also can lord silver. I more so focused on Venus too because the Moon was aspecting it and also Jupiter as the mechanic for the same reason.

I don't normally interpret charts with a combust, rx querent but the symbolism makes sense considering the transportation problem (Mercury).

I will let you guys interpret the chart if you like, and then I will post the outcome and what I thought would happen with the mechanic.

Great exercise -- I'm only learning horary but will try

I'd say things look good for the car for 6 reasons:

Venus, ruler of 3, is well positioned in Capricorn in the 5th
Moon approaches a trine with Venus (and with Uranus, ruler of 6th)
Pluto, co-ruler of the 3d, is conjunct POF
Mars, traditional co-ruler of 3, is in its terms
North Node is conjunct MC
Whether one takes the 6th or the 7th for the mechanic, in both cases the house ruler is in its own sign

HOWEVER
whether one takes 6th or 7th for the mechanic, in the first case the ruler, Saturn, squares Uranus -- or if one uses only traditional planets, it's unaspected -- and in the second case, the ruler, Jupiter, is unaspected. As if the mechanic couldn't do much.

MAybe it was you who solved the car problem yourself?
Last edited by annadeer on Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Great exercise -- I'm only learning horary but will try

I'd say things look good for the car for 6 reasons:

Venus, ruler of 3, is well positioned in Capricorn in the 5th
Moon approaches a trine with Venus (and with Uranus, ruler of 6th)
Pluto, co-ruler of the 3d, is conjunct POF
Mars, traditional co-ruler of 3, is in its terms
North Node is conjunct MC
Whether one takes the 6th or the 7th for the mechanic, in both cases the house ruler is in its own sign

HOWEVER
whether one takes 6th or 7th for the mechanic, in the first case the ruler, Saturn, squares Uranus -- or if one uses only traditional planets, it's unaspected -- and in the second case, the ruler, Jupiter, in unaspected. As if the mechanic couldn't do much.

MAybe it was you who solved the car problem yourself?

The significators are:

Querent - the Moon
the car - Mercury, lord 2
the car's damage - Mars, lord of the radical 9th, the turned 8th (poblems & difficulties) from the radical 2nd
the mechanic - Jupiter, lord of the 7th

The competence of the mechanic in mind is evident by the srength of his Jupiter both essentially (in his own house or sign) and accidentally (just on the DC, i.e. his radical 'correct' or own house).

That he will be able to "fix the car" is testified by the applying sextile between Mars and Jupiter with strong mutual reception. This is why it is of no concern that both of the planets are just minutes beyond the "moieties of both their orbs" (Lilly), and that Mars has to run little a longer way than his own orb to come to the point of perfection at about 7 degrees in Capricorne (which last issue could be discussed, of course).
Last edited by johannes susato on Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tanit,
I would also use VE L3 and ME (natural ruler) for your car for the same reasons you mention.
Color and the Moon aspecting it making things shine silver at night.
Adding VE R, Peregrine, in ME bound and VE in the 5th (I love my car!)
Moiety orb MA/JU but more importantly MO trine VE. I like to think of 'moiety orb' as 'immediate assistance' which is what you needed with your question.

Mercury (natural ruler of cars) Ruler of AS R, combust in the 6th square Uranus (battery)= Difficult to see things through, what the problem is and literally your car is sick.

There is a mutual reception between VE and JU
VE in the bound of JU and JU in the Exaltation and bound of VE
JU is strong by rulership and Angular (immediate assistance is qualified)

MO AS ruling the 11th (3rd from 11th) pointing to a friend or a neighbour's car helping out and helping you connecting to your car (Moiety orb trine to VE your car).
Yet, VE R, Peregrine and also in Detriment of the MO in AS and Fall of JU might point to a declined assistance.
I don't know, cat got my tongue on this one
Blessings!

Looks like it won't be a one-time thing. By that I mean one single visit of the mechanic isn't likely to work out the issue completely. Few significant planets here are retrograde.

But after some minor setbacks, mostly likely more than one visit by the professionals, the car will be fine. Moon being received by Venus with a good aspect should help smooth out the lack of dignity of both.

I note that the Moon is sandwiched between two benefics, too. This in the past has tended to work out fine for me.

Good luck!

Amelia

Hi all,

So the outcome was that the mechanic I phoned was able to fix the problem and I was right it was the battery. I think I may have left an inside light on the car (although I am not sure if they shut off on their own since the car is pretty automated) so it might have been my fault. The breakdown had horrible timing that I won't get into either. Maybe everything happens for a reason though...

I interpreted the Moon in the ascendant lording the 11th as a good omen that I was right about it being the battery and Moon applying to Venus the 3rd lord as good. I took Venus rx as the stalled car so the rx movement made sense in light of the circumstances and Moon translates light of dignified Jupiter to Venus (an opp showing previous difficulties). The mechanic fit the description of Jupiter - kind, middle aged, a little chubby, balding with lots of hair on the face.

Ascendant lord rx and combust the 12th lord really summed up my predicament, especially since it might have been my own fault.

Ouranos- you really blew me away with a lot of your statements but especially the being unable to see part. My garage has terrible lighting so the mechanic had trouble seeing while working and had to use his head lights even though it was daylight.

Amelia - in the end I did technically try two possible routes because the dealership didn't get back to me for 3 days and told me they couldn't look at it until today when the mechanic I chose (and asked about) already fixed it several days prior.

Anadeer - I didn't solve the problem myself but I was right about the problem and I think both would basically be shown in similar ways in a horary. It would be hard to distinguish between the two.

Johannes - I thought the same regarding the mechanic's abilities and that was one of the reasons I kept the appointment and didn't go to the dealership. I didn't notice the Mars-Jupiter sextile and that is a good point, especially since Mars was entering into its sign of exaltation upon aspect.

Thanks everyone!

Adding VE R, Peregrine, in ME bound and VE in the 5th (I love my car!)
I couldn't make a lot of sense of the 5th house here but it is true I love my car!

For some reason I am often in the 5th house when I make a silly error that backfires. It is the house of Venus and Venus can make silly errors.

Maybe it lords garages since the car was stuck there?

Deb Houlding says the 5th lords agents so it could also show the dealership being unhelpful (Saturn lords the 5th and is fixed and cadent Saturn). I was surprised how unresponsive they were since they didn't answer their phone or call back for 3 days.

I don't even need astrology to know when Mercury is retrograde! I always experience it somehow.

Thanks! Glad to know the beloved car is working again!

Right, should've taken the dealership's unsatisfying response into consideration. The retrograde was just a bit of delay because of that and the Moon's next aspect really worked out well.

Good news indeed!

Yes just a cloud in your relationship!
What I like also in this chart is the MO in Earth Mutable Virgo.
You worked around the problem in a practical and resourceful way.
If door 1 doesn't answer, let's knock at door 2 and try multiple solutions... including astrology!
Blessings!

Tanit3333 wrote:So the outcome was that the mechanic I phoned was able to fix the problem
Thanks for the confirmation, Tanit.
johannes susato wrote:[...] the mechanic in mind [...] will be able to "fix the car" [...]