Oh, absolutely, especially when you stack them on top of each other. If you combine 10-12 different techniques, there won't be a single life event that you can't explain. In retrospect
Actually, that is what I am trying to do. Explain all major events (in retrospect) in a person's life using Firdaria, ZRS, ASC/MC distributors, primary directions, solar arcs, solar returns, profections and transits. I hope to be coherent and consistent across multiple natives. I see this puzzle fascinating and hope some will find the findings interesting and useful.
Satya Astrology - Let the truth shine!
https://satyastrology.com/

Re: What Primary Directions software do you use?

Martin Gansten wrote:Much has happened since I made a survey of astrology software offering primary directions in my textbook more than a decade ago, and I’d like to make an updated list, as comprehensive as possible, of relevant applications (including online ones). If you use software that includes primary directions, please contribute to this thread and let us know what it is (including which version) – and, if you yourself use the primary directions option, what you think of it.

If forum members wish, we might also compare output by calculating primary directions for the same chart using different software. Here is one suggestion for such a chart, the nativity of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, which I use in my course: 14 July, 1977, 21:45 CET, Stockholm (59N20, 18E03), tropical Asc 29Aq18.
SO, any news in this field? Best free programs to calculate PDs? I do not want use Morinus, it is clumsy; I have SolarFire, PlanetDance

Best is Polaris (free), but you'll need a Windows XP machine (or virtual machine running Windows XP) in order to use it.

This method of PDs takes Carl Kühr's and Polich/Page's important findings into account in their calculation.

I lost the momentum on this (but hope to get back to it eventually). If you are looking for anything like the forms of the technique used by Ptolemy, all the medieval Persian, Arabic and European astrologers, Morin, Lilly, Placidus, etc., then Polaris is no use to you, nor is Solar Fire, and Janus is decidedly awkward to use (separating directions through the terms from the rest and calling them different things, and I'm not sure all the calculations are right either, though I don't own a recent version and so can't check properly). Planetdance seems to be under development; others can speak better to that.

I agree that Morinus is a bit clunky, but it is the best free option currently known to me. If Delphic Oracle is still around, that's another option, though not free. (I personally prefer some design features in Morinus and others in DO, but both offer correct calculations.) I'm not au fait with the various web-based applications, but would be happy to see examples if anyone else is.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

Martin Gansten wrote:I lost the momentum on this (but hope to get back to it eventually). If you are looking for anything like the forms of the technique used by Ptolemy, all the medieval Persian, Arabic and European astrologers, Morin, Lilly, Placidus, etc., then Polaris is no use to you, nor is Solar Fire, and Janus is decidedly awkward to use (separating directions through the terms from the rest and calling them different things, and I'm not sure all the calculations are right either, though I don't own a recent version and so can't check properly). Planetdance seems to be under development; others can speak better to that.

I agree that Morinus is a bit clunky, but it is the best free option currently known to me. If Delphic Oracle is still around, that's another option, though not free. (I personally prefer some design features in Morinus and others in DO, but both offer correct calculations.) I'm not au fait with the various web-based applications, but would be happy to see examples if anyone else is.
Actually, I have also Delphic Oracle. Been comparing different programs (as I used Morinus I printed listing of my directions for longer time and now able to compare the programs). There are (minor) differences of dates btw them.

Lately there has been troubles with my Delphic Oracle, anybody else noticed it?

Is it possible to send images to this forum messages? I tried to made clip of the Delphic Oracle options, to check from others if I have done them right (as I did in Morinus), but wasn't able to copy/paste here clip of the options page...

Currently do not have time to study technical issues of Primary Directions and this is the fastest way not to do errors! If somebody can help, please.

Hjortonomus wrote:Is it possible to send images to this forum messages? I tried to made clip of the Delphic Oracle options, to check from others if I have done them right (as I did in Morinus), but wasn't able to copy/paste here clip of the options page...

Currently do not have time to study technical issues of Primary Directions and this is the fastest way not to do errors! If somebody can help, please.
You can easily upload your images to a file hosting service like https://postimages.org/ for this purpose - select the format 640x480 for message boards, upload an image, then copy/paste the 'direct link for forum boards' that you get.

Cheers
Michael

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Michael Sternbach wrote:
Hjortonomus wrote:Is it possible to send images to this forum messages? I tried to made clip of the Delphic Oracle options, to check from others if I have done them right (as I did in Morinus), but wasn't able to copy/paste here clip of the options page...

You can easily upload your images to a file hosting service like https://postimages.org/ for this purpose - select the format 640x480 for message boards, upload an image, then copy/paste the 'direct link for forum boards' that you get.

Cheers
Michael
Thanks very much!

I used these options in Morinus: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/e61c7b830/uhx8p ... p-a779zy37

And now transfer to Delphic Oracle - these options taken from its sister program Timaeus (as difficulties to get DO working, so I use Timaeus)

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/a7bdcadb0/vbzmq ... r-rf94thed

Are there major DIFFERENCES between these two options - I some times use only cosmobiological hard aspects, sometimes classical ones, that is not the problem- but I ask if they are similar regarding the calculations.

As I said I am too busy to learn this properly, I own Martin Gansten's book but no time to do through it properly...

This really is an area where you do need to understand what you are doing, or rather, what you are asking the software to do for you. The short answer to your question is no: the two sets of settings will not produce the same directions. (Or rather, some will be identical and others not.)

My Annual Predictive Techniques has an appendix on software settings for directions, using Morinus as a template. You may want to have a look at that.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

Martin Gansten wrote:This really is an area where you do need to understand what you are doing, or rather, what you are asking the software to do for you. The short answer to your question is no: the two sets of settings will not produce the same directions. (Or rather, some will be identical and others not.)

My Annual Predictive Techniques has an appendix on software settings for directions, using Morinus as a template. You may want to have a look at that.
Well Martin - to put it simply- Ihave used Morinus options for years, and I would like to use the same in Delphi Oracle, i.e. identical from Morinus to DO. Somebody who is used to this, please tell identical options with copy of DO options form.

Nowadays nobody has too much free time to use to study this, even less if you are scholar.