I don't think it would be beneficial to analyze another chart on the subject matter. What you can do is try event charts for date and times of the locations to look at the most favorable chart. Generally, it is best to analyze an event chart along with the natal chart. You try to fortify the ascendant lord and the natural planet to lord the matter (here Mercury). Try to avoid malefics on angles, and try to get a good Moon where it isn't afflicted (combustion, with the nodes, in hard aspect to malefics, in fall or detriment or peregrine) and is in a sign more associated with gains, like signs of its dignity and signs of Jupiter. Sun-Moon trines are often very positive. When assessing the natal with the event chart, you want to avoid afflicting the natal chart and emphasize more positive influences.

I am curious what the event chart of the first exam looked like?

I once aced an exam during a besieged detrimented and retro Mecury and got the highest grade in the class but in my case I believe transit Mars was strong and my natal Mars is in Aries in the 10th. That is an example where the natal can help. The exam was extremely difficult though and most of class did poorly, as one would expect.

I would also stick with the first chart which should answer your initial question.
1) The Moon in Gemini in the 3rd applying by trine to SaturnL1 dignified and Mercury(driving) and also applying to JupiterL10 in ASC is a good testimony to get success and a yes to your question.
2) The Moon(co-ruler) in the 3rd ruling the 6th in opposition to Venus, you met a woman (Venus) who did a poor evaluation (6th) of your driving (3rd). That was a stumbling block along the road.
3) Matthew Kenney mentions a rule from Dorotheus of Sidon which says that the Moon represents the beginning of a venture, the ruler of the Moon represents its outcome or result. Mercury, ruler of the Moon in the 8th describes your question as the 8th is the 3rd from the 6th (learning to drive). And Mercury in his own bound only make good aspects, which qualifies for a good ending.
https://www.ancientastrology.org/articl ... c-mistakes
4) Last but not least, the Moon last aspect (trine) to Mars debilitated in Libra in the 8th says that there is a price to pay, like a 'welcome tax' to your driver's license. And the conjunction to NN which signifies an increase is mitigated by the waning Moon.

Stick to your guns and turn the wheel.
Blessings!

hello people

just to update, my drive test is now in Jan at another location. Meanwhile, I have put up a complaint again about the conduct of the examiner at the ministry. I am hoping some action would be taken.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks
Regards

Hello,

Update here: I had my test today, and I failed again, partly because of my stupid mistake.
The examiner was nice and polite, the exam at this new test centre was relatively easier than last time. I practiced a lot.
I did raise the concern with the examiner on one area she dinged me on, however, in all fairness, I do not think she was completely wrong.
I appear again in 2 weeks, at the same centre. I hope I pass now. Getting success is definitely hard for me..I have a track record for it.

Regards
Ashwsh
Regards

Tanit3333 wrote:Ashwsh - a driving test when Mercury is retro isn't usually the best time. I would use event chart planning.
Hi Tanit,

A lot of sections from the original test have been eliminated, to make them faster, however, the modified test with these relaxed guidelines is only available till March 31st, so I am very keen on getting this done and over with as soon as possible.

I am not sure how to make an event chart. I made an attempt on Astro.com and have inputted the date, time and location of my next test, would that be enough?
Sun the ruler of 3rd house is debilitated in 9th/Aquarius in this chart, and Mercury in 8th is not looking positive. Moon though is in the dignity of Mercury and in 12th
The positive thing that seems here is 10th house ruler Jupiter exalted, but makes not much aspect
https://postimg.cc/94wLDsKq

I really do not want to fail again :-(
Regards

Is it possible to schedule with Gemini rising instead and move the Moon to the 1st and Mercury to the 9th? You want to consider natal too and don't plan something during a difficult time for you or emphasize something difficult in your own chart in the event chart.

The Moon is at a later degree here too. I would probably go for a time when Moon moves into strong Cancer and trines Jupiter, if possible, but it is close to an orb in the current sign and I would see it working OK as long as you move it down to the 1st house instead of the 12th.

Jupiter strong on an angle and Mars being mitigated by Venus is the only thing I see working in the current chart.

Tanit3333 wrote:Is it possible to schedule with Gemini rising instead and move the Moon to the 1st and Mercury to the 9th? You want to consider natal too and don't plan something during a difficult time for you or emphasize something difficult in your own chart in the event chart.

The Moon is at a later degree here too. I would probably go for a time when Moon moves into strong Cancer and trines Jupiter, if possible, but it is close to an orb in the current sign and I would see it working OK as long as you move it down to the 1st house instead of the 12th.

Jupiter strong on an angle and Mars being mitigated by Venus is the only thing I see working in the current chart.
The option that I am getting is of Feb 8,, Moon is exalted and Jupiter close to MC and Mercury in 7th. There is good trine with Mercury. But the lord of 3rd/Sun now is deblidated in the 9th. What do you think?
https://i.postimg.cc/QMmmk1cz/8th.png
Regards

That one is worse. Moon is too close to Algol and doesn't do well with the nodes (which also augment Algol!). Yikes, I wasn't aware of that transit. Moon square Sun and Mars tightly angular isn't good either.

If I had to choose between these two I would choose the Gemini Moon one. At least the Moon and Sun are aspecting favorably.

Ashwsh
1. to come back to the very first one you posted -- not sure if that's a horary or an event chart -- but if it's a horary, Saturn conjunct the Asc, even in his own sign, to me signifies either a big 'no' either that your reading will not be valid. If it's an event chart, I would never ever plan anything with Saturn conjunct the Ascendant

2. The date you suggest with the Moon in Gemini: Moon is void of course -- will not lead to anything -- I would never ever plan anything important during a void Moon

3. The one with Moon in Taurus: although not ideal, because of the nearness of Algol and because of the badly aspected Sun, I think it's worth to give this date a try because of the approaching trine with Mercury, and because Moon in 11 is considered an indicator of wishes coming true. Moreover Jupiter conjunct MC may have a beneficial influence on the whole event. PS Also, North Node is a benefic -- I don't see how Moon conjunct NN could be bad (Moon c SN would be)

Annadeer - those last two are event charts. They are similiar to horary in that the Moon is still very important. I use event charts when I can but sometimes it isn't possible. I had a job interview recently where the Moon was besieged, including Moon opp Saturn and I failed miserably even though it was the first job in a long time I actually wanted. Had I been given a choice I obviously would not have chosen the time. When I am able to use event charts, I do well with them. It's gotten to the point that I think some times are kind of pointless to pursue and had I to do things over I would have skipped the interview. I 100% would not use an Algol Moon chart conjunct a node. Nodes are damaging classically to the Moon as is Moon conjunct Algol within 5 degrees. Lilly says SN is bad for the Moon but I have seen other traditional astrologers, such as Bonatti who says it is eclipsed, list both (which I agree with) and, more importantly, NN augments anything malefic. A more literal sense would likely mean major errors on an exam - "losing one's head."

Moon is 12 degrees of aspecting Jupiter in the Gemini Moon chart and is still within orb of a trine to Sun. Traditional orbs I use for Moon-Jupiter are 12-13 degrees. Moon-Sun is even wider at roughly 13-14 degrees. There is a lot of debate on what constitutes a void Moon and the most literal sense is no aspect within orb. Some people look at past aspects and some don't. A trine within orb to Sun is usually a fortuitous aspect. The chart would be better with Moon in Cancer in the first trine Jupiter but we can't always get what works best.

Again, event charts are supposed to take into consideration the natal too. For example, taking an exam while someone's natal Mercury is being overcome by malefics or other emotional distresses are going on, such as Moon in hard aspect to Saturn, etc. could lead to lack of concentration and possibly sabotage an exam.

Tanit3333 thank you for the explanation -- and sorry you didn't get the job!

I'm familiar with event charts and use them al lot. In my experience, as soon the Moon has passed the last exact aspect, it's void and for sure I'm not going to plan anything important anymore. I know some well-known sources disagree with this, but in my 20+ years of obsessively observing MVOC, void is void as of the second the last aspect was made. (for horaries and event charts -- but I totally agree with you that in natal charts wider orbs can be used)

I still don't understand why Moon conjunct NN would be bad as NN is a benefic -- with SN I agree it's like an eclipse.

I agree that NN conjunct Algol is not good nor the Moon's closeness to it. BUT I take it that the driving test will not last for hours. It seems likely that the last aspect the Moon will make during the test is the trine with Mercury, before going over Algol and entering the weeping sisters. And Pisces Jupiter conjunct MC might soften that Algol conjunct NN. It would be important though that the tests starts right at time.