james_m wrote:archi - very nice and welcome to skyscript!

how do you interpret the aspect between mars and sun in your chart? that is a biquintile..
Hi James,

I think that i have proven that i'm fascinated with "Patterns and shapes"

"Sun quintile Mars, Sun biquintile Mars

You can be extremely creative when it comes to going after what you want in life – you maneuver and plan stylishly – and you can be quite talented in sports, politics, law, management, and business. You are naturally competitive, but not in an aggressive or antagonistic manner. In fact, you are easy to smile, and you more readily drum up enthusiasm than you do opposition. You can be fascinated with patterns and structures, and might have strong mathematical or engineering abilities.

This can also apply to other fifth harmonic aspects besides the quintile and bi-quintile – the semi-quintile, or decile, of 36 degrees, or the vigintile of 18 degrees."

https://cafeastrology.com/natal/sunquintilemars.html
Spinal injury gives lots of time for research.
Other interests include the paranormal.

Archaeoastronomer wrote:
james_m wrote:archi - very nice and welcome to skyscript!

how do you interpret the aspect between mars and sun in your chart? that is a biquintile..
Hi James,

Being antagonistic doesn't work for myself, i learned that very early, but i have been fascinated with patterns and structures since a small boy, and Plato and the five Platonic Solids, I'm fascinated with Phi, and can show some of my work if you wish?
I only found my controversial quintiles 20 years ago, so seem to have been working before i noticed them.
https://wintertriangle.files.wordpress. ... 165-50.jpg
thanks derek, or monk, or archi - i am clearly confused about how you'd like to be named! i don't think being antagonistic works for anyone, but i suppose this is in reference to the sun- mars biquintile in your chart that you say this... sometimes however a bit of antagonism will shake people out of their complacency... i read a book about 45 years ago called ''handbook for the humanistic astrologer'' by michael meyer... in the book it explained these more exotic aspects and a number of other ones too... at that time i realized i had a few of these thingamajiggys in my chart as well.. i have a mars- mercury quintile with pluto biquintile both, and at the opposite midpoint of the mars-mercury quintile... these planets show up as a conjunction in the 5th harmonic chart.. so, i would say it is okay to be antagonistic from time to time when you want to get deeper into something... but we each have to work out our own particular astro set up and no two people are the same....

thanks for the additional post with the description on it all too! there are a number of offshoots to the quintile series... 72 + 36 = 108... this number is considered very important in indian astrology.... i think there is a name for it too... it will show up as an opposition in the 5th harmonic chart... sun to uranus in my chart is 108. degrees apart.. cheers james

Hi James,

I'm not in any way confirming my quintiles, it is too much to take in so i reject it, you mention midpoints, did you see with the chart that the mid-points between the configurations were the Cardinal Points?

I did find another with the same chart, who is far more interesting than myself, would you like me to post it, he is on Wikipedia.

Don't worry with names call me Archi.
Spinal injury gives lots of time for research.
Other interests include the paranormal.

thanks archi!

no need for another example... thanks for sharing... i didn't happen to notice the midpoints fell on the cardinal points, but being bi-zodiacal, it wouldn't necessarily resonate with me as much, lolol! cheers james

Archaeoastronomer--

I hope you're getting along OK-- Covid sequestration and all. I'm fair-to-middling: advanced osteoarthritis in a few places, but it could be worse. Must be a Saturn thing.

Thinking of your fascination with #5: back when I was working I had what I called "the rule of five," which functioned up and down a large employer's chain of command. Basically if I wanted something of a supervisor, I had to count on saying it on five occasions. This didn't necessarily mean he would do what I hoped: just that he would finally register what it was. I learned not to be disouraged If I wanted something of a superior and no action was forthcoming-- not even a simple "no"-- it just meant I was probably on time #3. This worked down the line, as well.

I might think also of five fingers on a hand, 5 petals in flowers of the large rose family (Rosaceae,) the 5 "petals" of Venus orbits, and so on.

At age 72 the progressed sun forms a quintile with its natal position. I wonder if this is a critical age.

But what about music? We have 2/4, 3/4 time, 4/4 time and their multiples, but at least in western music, is there anything in five-something time (apart from the odd polyrhythm popping up in another standard time? It occurs to me that the most common piano polyrhythm (such as the right hand playing triplets against the left hand playing two 8th notes) actually creates a cluster of 5 notes, with a 3 against 2 played simultaneously.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyrhythm

Then 5ths in music are not inherently haronious or disharmonious. There is something called a 5-note pentatonic scale, but that level of music theory is beyond me.

(Why 5ths of Scotch, for that matter?)

Anyway, here's one of my favorite 3vs.2s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVYH-7QGE-A