UPdates, additions and new page design for Skyscript

I’d like Skyscript forum members to be the first to know that I have just completed a redesign of a page in a style that will be – gradually – applied to all pages on the site. I hope you like the new look – check it out at https://www.skyscript.co.uk/magnus.html

I chose as the first page to be updated, an excellent article by Sue Toohey which is well worth giving attention to - I think she would have loved it and it seems a fitting tribute to her passion for astrology and commitment to the Skyscript forum.

There are lots of new resources added around her article, which can also be listened to as an audio file for anyone who is visually impaired. As I intend to circulate news of that page over the next week, I will start up a forum thread for anyone who wants to discuss the issues raised in the article within the Philosophy and Science section of this forum.

Also, in case anyone missed the news from a few weeks ago, I now have a page on the site which offers a full download of my modern retyped edition of Lilly’s Christian Astrology – it is available on this link: https://www.skyscript.co.uk/CA/

After a necessary period of web-related dormancy in which I wasn’t able to do much development work on Skyscript, I am gearing up to get more active in redevelopments and new site additions. My thanks are forever due to the moderators who look after this forum and have kept everything ticking over without me needing to worry. I am trying not to think, just yet, about how to tackle the re-coding that will make this part of the site responsive and fit in with the new design – this forum section might have to wait until last, but don’t be surprised if you notice some weird, experimental things happening with the look of the headers and footers. I will be careful not to tough anything that might mess up the database.

For those that are interested – I have started up a Patreon page to help me fund the development work that needs doing to Skyscript. There are three tiers of membership (Mind, Body & Soul), starting at £3.50 per month, all of which will include delivery of a monthly Skyscript Newsletter which will begin circulation next month. The second level membership offers invites to monthly online astrology discussions which I think will be very exciting. Check out the details and full information which is available on this link https://www.patreon.com/skyscript?fan_l ... _as=public.

Hope you like and approve of the changes. Things might seem to move slowly for a while, but trust me, behind the scenes they are moving.

Deb

Great news

This is great news. The new style looks absolutely brilliant. I'm looking forward to the re-design and relaunch.

On a wider point, this investment in Skyscript is good news for a more open web. I have not got involved in Facebook because of the lack of transparency and the covert data gathering and surveillance. I was dismayed when many channels of astrological information switched to Facebook and its walled internet pages.

For those of us who have remained true to the spirit of the web - open information with all contributing to a shared knowledge base - this is a wonderful step.

My sincere thanks to Deb and the moderators for the joy that is Skyscript!

Ed
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

For those of us who have remained true to the spirit of the web - open information with all contributing to a shared knowledge base - this is a wonderful step.
Totally get you Ed. I have been thinking a lot about how things have changed. When the web was new, astrologers were so excited to use it as a platform of sharing information and getting access to research material that was otherwise locked up in academic libraries. I am still keeping to that vision - the web may change, my use of it won't.

Lovely to see you back Deb. I had almost given up all hope you would ever return to your ''forgotten child'' here at Skyscript.

I think its been at least 6 years since you were an active presence here.

Great to see your new plans to upgrade the website and the forums. There is no argument Skyscript had been looking rather tired and jaded for a while.

I love the new format in your article. My only quibble is I would prefer slightly darker text for reading.

The forums have lost out a lot to Facebook discussion groups in recent years. Important factors being difficulty joining Skyscript, and easier ability to post charts quickly. When you do get round to upgrading the forums I hope that can be addressed.

Anyway, fantastic to have you back!

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks

I am still keeping to that vision - the web may change, my use of it won't.
Thanks Deb - it's got to be the future. Open and transparent. It removes a good deal of the risk of monopolisation of knowledge.

By the way, the Lilly download looks amazing. I am the proud owner of one of the original Christian Astrology photocopies, held together in a binder and probably put together by Olivia Barclay. It was presented to the AA Library by Sheila Geddes, and found it's way to me as part of the sale of surplus stock of books.

I'm also very proud of my complete collection of Traditional Astrologer magazines. I still read them studiously after all these years. Unfortunately I recently lost a few editions in a house fire (thankfully no life lost and no major damage) but I was able to replace them via ebay.

Thanks for everything that you do for the community Deb.
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.