Will I get Editor Job?

Greetings,

I have been on disability for almost 8 months. I went on disability due to toxic work environment, but now am ready to return to work. I don't want to return to the job I had (project manager), but love the company I worked for, and applied for 2 excellent positions for Editor that seemed to appear out of thin air, and right up my alley, something I used to do a long time ago, and want to return to that line of work, that is where my passion lies (as opposed to Project Manager). My money is starting to run out as my benefits on leave have been used up, so I do need to go back, but the thought of going back to the Project Manager job is terribly depressing.

Question asked:
"Will I get job as Editor?"
August 3rd, 2022; 9:44 PM, Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Hour of Venus, so there is planetary hour agreement, horary fit to be judged.

So I am the first (Jup and Moon) and job is 10th (Also Jup). So I get the Moon.

Jupiter (job) in first, emplacement; as per Lilly, a good sign for perfection for matters related to the 10th house.

Jupiter retrograde, could be implying me going back to work or me going back to something I used to do (Editor work).

Moon coming to a sextile to Mercury (which to me seems to be a natural significator for Editors). However, Mercury slips into Virgo before the sextile. BUT - almost immediately after, Moon slips into Scorpio and sextiles Mercury right away. So I don't think the Moon is Void of Course; I read the Ancients do not give significance to the Moon slipping into another sign before the aspect is completed.

Moon sextiling the MC almost exactly, which to me also seemed positive.

Moon in via Combusta: my emotions running high? I still believe the chart is fit to be judged, due to other testimonials.

Moon in mutual reception with Venus - for what it's worth. Venus ruler of the 2nd, giving strength to the Moon, posited in the 5th, house of creativity - also required for an editor.

I judged this horary to be giving me a positive response. I would apprciate your view point on this.

Thank you!
Taurus7

I see a few issues here. One is Neptune in the ascendant but another is the querent retrograde. To me this suggests career confusion and lack of direction. If you are seriously considering editing, I do think Mercury going into its dignity is a positive but the chart suggests something needs to change for that to happen and it won't happen as things are. I agree the Moon isn't void but there is a problem when a planet evaids an aspect by changing signs first. It is arguably a denial of perfection known as frustration. I believe it can still happen but that it won't if things continue with the status quo. My advice to someone with a chart like this is to stick to a plan, focus on it and see it through... and to make absolutely sure that is what they want. They would need to revisit why they left it in the past and ask if going back is good for them or not. Maybe another route not thought about could be better for them. One thing I noticed is that Mercury is carrying the light of the malefics. Is it really so great to pursue this route? It carries some heavy energy. Mercury turns into the energy of planets it aspects.

When I think of what makes Jupiter happy, I don't really think of editing. Jupiter is expansive and a big picture planet. I actually struggle with this in my own career because Jupiter lords my 10th and sits in my 2nd (both career houses traditionally) so I speak from experience. I get boxed into analytical roles when I often long for more... something that makes a bigger difference in the world somehow or has more meaning.

Moon separating last trine SaturnR in 12th and the Part of Sickness conjunct MC describes the leave of absence due to toxic work environment.
In horary, when the significator of the chart is retrograde (JupiterL1 and L10), the person will eventually change their mind about the question asked. And Jupiter being intercepted coupled with NeptuneR in ASC may suggest that your question is not grounded enough or that unseen circumstances will change the nature of your question.
Frustration between Moon and Mercury also suggests the change of circumstances.
And this is a Night chart so Jupiter is Out of Sect.
------------
Moon square PlutoR in 11th (4th of the 8th, the end of the benefits)
As your benefits on leave have been used up, make sure your financial situation is clear because you may be facing power struggles with authorities who may come back to you for a refund.
------------
The Mutual Reception between Moon and Venus is a positive indicator. I would prefer to see the Moon applying rather than separating but Venus is also Oriental to the Sun (visible and ready for action), free of beams and sextile Mars conjunct Uranus in the 2nd House.
My suggestion here is to get in touch with Editors and see if there would be a possibility to start something of your own, first as a part-time hobby from home (Venus Cancer 5th in Sect) which could eventually lead to a full-time job in that line of work. Venus also conjunct Pollux (Mars nature)

"For it will be needful to look both for the planet that has made its morning appearance closest to the Sun (Venus here), and that which is at mid-heaven, particularly when it occupies the application of the moon." (Tetrabiblos, IV, 4 Of the Quality of Action)

Best of luck,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Tanit3333:
Thank you for looking at my chart. Here I provide some clarifications that may put things in perspective in terms of the chart:
One is Neptune in the ascendant but another is the querent retrograde. To me this suggests career confusion and lack of direction.
I think Neptune has showed up on my ASC since I got COVID 4 weeks ago, and seem to have long term symptoms. One of the symptoms is brain fog, and I'm thinking Neptune on the ASC is indicative of that. My vitality and overall energies are at an incredible low.

At the time that I did the horary, I was in a confused and uncertain state of mind. Aside from the long term covid symptoms that were wiping out my vitality and life force, I had incurred heavy expenses, applied for long term disability claim which is still pending review, no money coming for the past 2 months and I needed to seriously consider going back to work to replenish my funds. I sent an email to my boss the same day that I did the horary regarding the position that I had (project manager), stating that my doctor has said that I may return to work in 6 weeks. I was unsure if she would respond in an affirmative manner or if they would just give me notice.

As it so happened, I received a positive email from her exactly 5 1/2 days after the horary, indicating that my position was still available and it seemed they were welcoming me back. If you take another look at the horary, you will see that the Moon is in the 7th (measure of time would be days), and almost exactly 5 1/2 degrees from changing signs (i.e. changed circumstances).

Receiving her email gave me a sense of relief, in that if nothing else comes through, at least I have my old job to go back to - much as I dislike it. I can go back and replenish my funds. So your comment below can be put into perspective:
If you are seriously considering editing, I do think Mercury going into its dignity is a positive but the chart suggests something needs to change for that to happen and it won't happen as things are.
So I believe the status quo has changed.
What has changed is that I am no longer drifting aimlessly, unsure of what the future holds, as I was when I did this horary. At least I have a job to go back to.
My advice to someone with a chart like this is to stick to a plan, focus on it and see it through... and to make absolutely sure that is what they want.
My plan is to go back to the old job (which is honestly very disturbing, due to trauma suffered there in the past, but my funds are running out, and it's hard to get another job at this stage in my life, so I can't let that go). But if the Editor job should come up, to try my best to land that one.

They would need to revisit why they left it in the past and ask if going back is good for them or not. Maybe another route not thought about could be better for them.
Actually, I did editor work on the side, it doesn't make a lot of money, so I always held a more technical job to pay the bills, etc. What I will say is that editor stuff is really where I excel, where my passion lies, and what I find much more dynamic and interesting than the technical project management job I am in.

When I think of what makes Jupiter happy, I don't really think of editing. Jupiter is expansive and a big picture planet.
The two positions that I applied to are actually much more than just editorial work. They encompass the development and execution of the overall communications strategy, build the corporate brand and review/edit content across multiple platforms - which I think is very Jupiterean.
So Jupiter is retrograde in my first - emplacement.

Based on the additional detail that I have presented, what would be your considered opinion on the horary question: "Will I get the Editor job?"

Thank you so much for your help in getting to the root of the answer.

- Taurus7

Ouranos,
Thank you kindly for your assessment of my chart.
Moon separating last trine SaturnR in 12th and the Part of Sickness conjunct MC describes the leave of absence due to toxic work environment.
That is fascinating, I did not look at the Part of Sickness.
In horary, when the significator of the chart is retrograde (JupiterL1 and L10), the person will eventually change their mind about the question asked. And Jupiter being intercepted coupled with NeptuneR in ASC may suggest that your question is not grounded enough or that unseen circumstances will change the nature of your question.
Based on the additional information I presented to Tanit3333, I'm not sure if the response that I received from my manager just yesterday has changed the nature of my question?

Frustration between Moon and Mercury also suggests the change of circumstances.
I believe the change of circumstances has occurred - at least I have a job to go back to. At the time of the horary, I did not think that option existed. So there is a sense of relief, regardless of the trauma that may rebound if I go back to my old position.

------------
Moon square PlutoR in 11th (4th of the 8th, the end of the benefits)
As your benefits on leave have been used up, make sure your financial situation is clear because you may be facing power struggles with authorities who may come back to you for a refund
As a matter of fact, the company overpaid me and I received a request for a hefty refund check to them, which I have sent.

------------
The Mutual Reception between Moon and Venus is a positive indicator. I would prefer to see the Moon applying rather than separating but Venus is also Oriental to the Sun (visible and ready for action), free of beams and sextile Mars conjunct Uranus in the 2nd House.
My suggestion here is to get in touch with Editors and see if there would be a possibility to start something of your own, first as a part-time hobby from home (Venus Cancer 5th in Sect) which could eventually lead to a full-time job in that line of work. Venus also conjunct Pollux (Mars nature)
I wish I could do that, but my expenses do not allow this luxury.
The two "Editor" positions that I have applied for are dynamic, exciting, and truly remarkable opportunities. I don't fill in all the requirements for the job, but I certainly have at least 75 to 80 percent of the experience they are looking for, I think (unless I'm being delusional - Neptune in the first!!).
My whole life would change if I was to get any of these jobs. I would be on track for what gets my blood racing, although I admit, the positions can be daunting, as they carry that level of responsibility and reach.

I have not heard from the recruiter for either of these positions yet. But nor have I received a rejection - it is under review. It has been only 5 business days, and I think that is normal (Moon is slow). Historically, I have seen the company send rejection notification within a week or so.

Do you see any possibility of me getting either of these positions?

Thank you again for your help in understanding this chart.

- Taurus7

Wishing you all the best recovery with your Covid symptoms Taurus7.
And you have a job to go back to. Good point.

Your ruler Jupiter (ASC and MC) is Retrograde and (Intercepted). Jacobson describes the interception as an interference. Lavoie says that there may be 2 sides to your question (Pisces rising!) But somehow, I cannot figure out what is hindering the positive outcome.

Let me sleep on it, I will get back to you.
Blessings!

Johannes Susato
There were two jobs; Managing Editor and Assistant Editor in Chief, both almost identical in job description, so I applied to both of them.

So yes,
"Will I get one of the two jobs I applied for as Editor" is the crux of the question. Thank you!

- Taurus7

Taurus7 wrote: "Will I get one of the two jobs I applied for as Editor" is the crux of the question.
Then in my exerience you asked the question in vain, because all of these
questions are getting no valid answers; sometimes these are correct,
sometimes not, and you'll never know why or why not the answers are so
often wrong.

Evidently it is you who must make the choice, and before you ask the
question, which of the jobs you want to ask about - it is not the cosmos.

Howsoever, the Moon is not applying to any aspect with Jupiter, and her
application to Mercury is in vain because of Mercury's evasion into another
sign. And then Mercury is no significator in your question, because you ask
about beeing an employee of a firm, and here Jupiter is the significator of
the firm.

All the best for your new beginning in the old job, Taurus7 - hopefully
healthy again! :D
Last edited by johannes susato on Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have couple of straightforward thoughts about this chart, without deep analysis situation looks quite promising in regards of maybe irregular work shift, working mostly remotely, or hybrid schedule.

But definitely editor's job with Mercury leaving Leo and about to enter domicile Virgo sign. Changing sign usually means new situation.

Also all angles in mutable signs, so definitely not manager's work or heavy load production(like if were cardinal of fixed signs).
And Moon applying to Mercury in good aspect hinting on that too.

The only thing is that possibility to find this king of work in different company, or work as freelancer for few companies. Changing sign Mercury and mutable cross also hinting on this.

Thank you Johannes and Yuriy for looking at my chart.

For my horary, it occurs to me that aside from the fact that Mercury has signification for Editor-type of work, Mercury is also ruler of the 7th, which is 10th from the 10th, the second job. As such, even though Jupiter has primary signification for the job that I asked about, Mercury I think has significance as well, hence the sextile of the Moon to Mercury has meaning.

For the record, I have not heard from the recruiter yet. Nor have a I received a rejection. So not sure where this is going... :?

Thank you,
Taurus7

Greetings,
On Aug 8th, I asked the question "Will I get job as Editor?"
I was on disability at the time, did not want to go back to the old job but loved the company and thought I was an excellent fit for 2 jobs that I applied within the same company at that time.

OUTCOME:
I was rejected for both jobs!

So, in retrospect, I would conclude the following:

1) If moon is void, then believe it; nothing will come of the matter. In my original post, I argued that the Moon was not void because it was within aspect of Mercury, but only after it changed signs.
In retrospect, it appears that if the Moon is not aspecting another planet while in its current sign, it will behave as void of course.

2) Neptune in the ASC. In retrospect, it appears to me that I was perhaps delusional as to my qualifications for this job; now when I look at the job description, I realize that I did *not* have the qualifications required to get that job. Furthermore, I was on disability, and for me to think that they would give my resume consideration even though I was on disability was clearly "delusional" on my part.

3) JUpiter, Significator of job and myself; retrograde.

So what happened is that in fact, I returned to my old job, so I think Jup signified myself!

4) Moon sextile Mercury, but only after leaving it's current sign.
So I'm not really sure what Merc is signifying here, ruler of 3rd and 6th, but the Moon has changed signs, I am in a different situation for sure, but I don't know what I'm sextiling...

5) Current Situation: They were very welcoming, I am feeling better, and I'm doing fine in my old job. None of the toxic environment that I experienced, so it's not bad at all. Not that I'm ecstatic about it, but I do have a job. It is quite "mechanical" in nature, somewhat laborious, so maybe the 6th is signification of that?

Not sure, but I thought I would give you an update.
Thanks to all who contributed to this.

Taurus7