The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Best time to get pregnant?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexisdrake

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Best time to get pregnant? Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I need some help Very Happy

I have found reams of information on when my best times are to get pregnant, according to my own natal chart and the lunar cycle.

However, I have been advised that the very BEST time to concieve will be:

"When the Moon is in a fertile sign, free from aspect with Saturn or Mars. on a Jupiter hour of a Jupiter day, with Jupiter ruling the 5th house, placed in the 1st house."

Does anyone know when this day (or days) occur? Or do you know how I can find out?!
Star

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

have you looked into your fertile period each month that coincides with your sun/moon angle? when you catch a month when you ovulate at the same time as that angle you will have problems NOT conceiving, unless there are medical reasons!

star
alexisdrake

Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Star - thanks for your reply.

I have only just come off the contraceptive pill in the last day or so, so unfortunately I have no ovulation records to go by.

But yes indeed, I have read it in many places that if your biological and astrological fertility times coincide, there is a higher chance of getting pregnant.

The information I'm desperate to seek out, is when barren/negative planets are in aspect with the moon - as I understand I need to avoid these times so as to avoid pregnancy complications.

And what is all this about Jupiter? I know it's a planet of fertility. But how on earth do I find out where it's at?!!
Star

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again,

perhaps you'll get a reply to yout jupiter queries on the 'traditional' board?

star
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fertile signs are the water signs: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. Of these, Cancer and Pisces are most conducive of healthy fertility. Jupiter days are Thursdays but Jupiter hours depend on the locality you are at, as do the houses. So you won’t be able to know when Jupiter rules the hour or when it rules the 5th house and is placed in the 1st without having some electional work done specifically for you.
If you are trying to find a good time to get pregnant it would be a good idea to have some astrological election done that considers the factors in your birth chart as well as what is happening by transit. But if you just want to consider general trends, one simple thing you can do is to look for a good aspect between the Moon and Jupiter or Venus.
borealis

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, Thanks for jumping in with the "personalized" suggestion because I can't help but think what if Jupiter is ruler of 6th or 12th or 8th..I can;t imagine this Jupiter transitng 5th house cusp completely great for being fertile...

This is my fav. stuff to work out. Personally, I look for at least 3 complimenting angles and usually place higher importance on positions of planets transiting 5th house cusp, 5th ruler, moon and chart ruler. Then Jupiter and 11th house ruler.

Example: Transiting 5th house cusp is conjunct an angle, trine natal Jupiter does not mean much but.. Transiting 5th house cusp conjunct an angle and trine natal moon while moon trines ruler of 5th house cusp while transiting jupiter is near asc, 5th house cusp or 11th house cusp...then you are in a good position.

just an opinion..Have fun trying whether the stars are on your side or not:)[img][/img]

Also, I use slower moving planets as better time frames for which month is best, then moon for day, then cusps and angles for hours.
kris522

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bumping this thread up b/c I'm intrigued.

This may seem like a really silly question, but you all refer to transiting cusps...? How can you have a transiting cusp?

Secondly, upthread someone referred to the Sun/Moon angle. Is that the aspect made by the sun and moon? The houses with Leo and Cancer on the cusp?

I have a friend also trying to conceive and I'm looking at her chart, so this information really helps a lot!

Thanks!
borealis

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good questions, I will take one:)

Let's say your asc is at say at 16 Virgo and your 5th house cusp is at 22 Capricorn, This means that your Asc Ruler is Mercury and your 5th house ruler is Saturn.

When we say "transiting cusp" we mean that a planet is transiting your natal cusp position. So, when Saturn is at 16 Virgo; it could be translated as, the ruler of pregnancy is transiting your Asc. When Saturn is at 22 Capricorn; it could be translated as, ruler of pregnancy is transiting 5th house cusp. It could also be explained using the terminology, "Transiting ruler of asc is conjunct your natal 5th house cusp"

I'm using Saturn as an example because Capricorn is not a fertile sign at all but this does not mean the native will be completely barren! If a low number of children are promised then you can still deduce good times for pregnancy. Look for times when Saturn (Ruler of 5th is transiting natal cusps (1, 5, 11) and/or making benificial aspects with planet signifyers (Rulers of 1, 5, 11, Sun, Jupiter)

When you have found times with a number of strong connections happenning at the same time, you will have a good idea about a good month or good week or good few days that pregnancy is possible. You could then look to the moon to narrow down the best day or hour..searching for it to be in fertile signs and/or making positive aspects with signifyers.

I do have an example of this technique:
Birth July 21, 1959 09:15 48N09..80W02 5hrs West
Conception sometime between the 1st and the 7th of February, 1976 same location

If you check these you will see that
-Transiting Ruler of Asc is conjunct 5th house cusp
-Transiting Ruler of 5th is in a fertile sign, dignified, conjunct the natal Sun, and Trine transiting Moon
-Transiting Ruler of 11th is fertile sign, dignified and trine natal Jupiter
-On the 3rd Transiting Moon is fertile and dignified in Pisces, trine natal Jupiter
-Transiting Jupiter is trine natal ruler of Asc.
-Transiting Sun is debilitated but whithin the natal 5th house.

All 6 signifyers have positive results!!! This is what you are looking for. In cases where the native is more fertile naturally less could be acceptable.

As far as your other question:
The sun/moon angle I believe that it should be clarified that yes, you are right, the sun and moon is the ruler of what ever house cusp lies in Leo/Cancer but one thing about studying astrology is that the main confusion is filtering through the various number of meanings each planet can signify all at the same time.
The sun rules whatever house that lands in Leo but it also naturally rules the heart and blood, fathers, life and vitality, right side of the reproductive system ect.. The moon left side of reproductive organs, breasts, mothers, menstration ect.
To understand Stars exact technique, I'm curious too. I'm pretty sure I understand but I am not sure enough to explain it sorry:)

Personally I always look for remote possibility of pregnancy in that year through progressions, if positive then narrow down to month/week/day through transits. Saves time:)
kris522

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Borealis! That was clearly and brilliantly put and explained perfectly. I'll get cracking!

Thumbs up Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: