Will we reconcile?

OK, I hope all the expertise on the Frawley threads can be put to use on this horary. If I were strictly following Frawley, I would say the answer is yes, because of the receptions of the main significators and the translation of light by the moon, but is this a traditionally sound interpretation? :-?

The Moon perfects to a trine with Mars (significator of the quesited) in just over 4 deg. However, the main significators are combust, i.e. not in good condition. And, unless I have the wrong chart, I do not see any mutual reception between the significators.

I`m sorry but I can`t see "yes" answer here. First, look at Saturn on your Asc through antiscia. Moon is tranlating light from Sun to Mars and not from Venus to Sun or Mars. Receptions are negative. Venus loves herself and hates Mars and Sun. All three planets are in cadent house so hard to act.
Plus, Mars is in turned 12th house from 7th (hidden matters).
All the planets - except querent`s strong Venus - are peregrin and maybe it is up to querent to act and to achieve her purpose.

It`s my 2pence
Trojan
Reges Subjucent Legibus Stellarum

I would say that there is translation of light here by the Moon between Venus and Mars. Lilly would have recognised this because both Venus and Mars are within the orb of the Moon and so it is capable of relating the influence between them - even though another planet (the Sun) is involved in the mix. But this is the question isn?t it? What?s a nice girl like Venus in Libra doing in such a poor house, combust the Sun?

Mars is combust too; both significators are in Mars?s 12th house of secrets. Mars is trine Neptune and the Moon is conjunct Neptune. Overall there seems no power of open expression. Because of this, because the translation is by trine and the Moon is on the 11th cusp of hopes and dreams, there might be some sort of friendly contact or message, or willingness to reconcile, but it all seems too secret, hidden, and incapable of actually going anywhere.

I don?t see that Venus hates Mars because Mars is in Libra ? this is just describing Mars as debilitated, emphasising further that Mars is weakly placed and has little ability to develop this relationship effectively. There isn?t any reception between Venus and Mars because they are out of orb of aspect with each other and there is no conjunction that perfects until they move into the next sign. Both planets have an applying conjunction with the Sun which rules the 5th house ? but the Sun brings the combustion. In all, it looks like a reconciliation could only be temporary and would probably bring more harm than happiness.

In other words, Deb, the perfecting aspect need only be perfected in relation to one of the planets being translated by the moon? It doesn't have to perfect to both planets at one time? Thanks

Hi, Newbie with a question: When I look in my ephemeris it appears that the sun the moon and mars do conjunct before they change signs (within a degree of each other) Does the conjunction have to be perfect to count?

Deb, I understand the concept of translation in general, but I guess I was thinking thatin aspects other than conjunction, perfection meant equidistant from both planets but clearly that is not so Thanks for your input. :)

Just curious here... Have you considered the chart comparisons between the your two individual charts?

I (personally) would tend to look at those first, to see what was going on for you each, individually, then compare the two to see where each of you "meshed" with the other....

But, that doesn't mean my way is the right way. It is just the way I approach charts between two people. After considering each chart, then I look at the rest.

I was told just today that Venus in her own sign "negates" Combustion. Is that true? I thought combustion was one of the worst afflictions a planet can have regardless of sign

I?ve also heard it said that planets in their own sign don?t suffer from combustion but I?ve never seen that written by Lilly, Bonatti, Morin, etc. Besides that it doesn?t seem to make sense as to why that would be. The planet is still lost in the glare of the Sun, so that would symbolize the person being overwhelmed and powerless in the situation. Of course the same thing can be said as to why Lilly and these other traditional sources say that a planet is only combust when both it and the Sun are in the same sign. Just because there is a sign boundary in between the Sun and some other planet doesn?t mean that the planet is not list in the Sun?s glare, even though most of our sources would still say that it?s combust. But that?s another topic. Still, I would still think that a planet in its own sign can still be combust. Instead of ignoring Venus?s combustion, I?d use the fact that it?s in her own sign as part of the interpretation. I try to use each bit of symbolism that a chart gives us and apply it to the situation. So a planet that?s both in its sign and combust might show that the person is basically a very strong person who happens to be in a bad situation. Or it may show that though the person is involved in an overpowering situation, that they have the inner strength to endure and survive. Just the opposite may be true if a planet is in its detriment and combust. These conditions of being combust or of being in their own sign are symbols that the astrologer can to shed some light on the situation.

That aside, I thought this was a really interesting chart in that it showed the question asked so clearly, ?Would we reconcile?? You two are trying to reconcile all right, but something is in the way. Venus is moving to be conjunct with Mars. The Moon is connecting them through translation of light. Yet things are still thwarted. First there?s the combustion of both planets. And the Sun also prohibits the conjunction when it reaches Mars first before Venus does. Also when Venus does finally reach Mars, they both have switched signs. That usually shows that what is promised won?t happen in the current scheme of things.

The chart also is radical in that the Mercury hour matches the ASC. So there are lots of signs of you two wanting and attempting to reconcile but really poor chances of it happening.

There are a couple of things that no one has commented on too. The Moon will next be square to Jupiter. I have a sneaking suspicion that Jupiter could signify another woman who this guy is seeing. Jupiter is in his house and is disposed by Mars too. Deb also commented on how both of your main significators are in his 12th house if you turn the chart. Though I might not have done that, and I might have read it as both of you in the 6th house ? that you?re working hard at this ? her insight does tend to confirm that there could be some really big secrets here. And finally, the Moon makes an opposition to Saturn, which is positioned in the 5th house. All told, that doesn?t look very good at all for a reconciliation.

I?d be really curious to know what you think about the idea that there could be someone else that he?s involved with.
Mark F