Kids?

01/04/06

If anyone has experience on how to look at a chart concerning children,
feed back would be great. I'm sure I'm missing something...

Josie asked if she and Miguel might have children together.

The moon would be important in this question...it's Full and in it's
rule of Cancer. It's located in the 12th..hmm something unexpected?

I'm looking at the 5th house ruled by Jupiter which is in it's rule of
Sag. I see 4 planets (and vertex) in the 5th (intersepted). I'm using the 5th b/c Josie is asking the question as opposed to the 5th from the 5th?

I also see the 1st and 7th rulers (7th in the 1st house) in mutual reception
Pointing toward the parents?

Mars in 5th in trine Saturn in the first. Mercury and Sun in the 5th in
capricorn ruled by Saturn.

I'm feeling some positives but feel unsure on how to get a better look.

Chart: Jan 3, 2007 7:38PM PST 119W02 34N13

Thanks! Lynn

Hi Lynn,

These sorts of charts are very difficult because they involve a lot of emotion and sometimes even desperation. It is all very well for me who has never had children (through choice), to look at this chart objectively and answer objectively because people who ask these questions often cannot hear the answers objectively. If I remember correctly, the article that Granny refers to, expresses this point clearly.

Having said that, there are a few points that concern me about this chart. Although the Moon is in its own sign of Cancer, it is void of course. Lilly says that you shall seldom see a business go handsomely forward when the Moon is voc. This suggests that there may be some difficulties or certainly some delays.

The ascendant of this chart is in a barren sign. This again suggests difficulties. The significator is in the 5th house but it does not aspect anything. It most recently separated from an opposition to the Moon, which is in the 12th house. The next aspect the Moon makes, when it moves into Leo, a barren sign, is an opposition to Venus, the natural significator of fertility. Both the Moon and Venus will be at 0 deg of their signs. Currently, Venus is in the 6th house, unaspected. This could suggest health problems. The 6th house is ruled by Saturn, which is in the 1st house and retrograde. Venus is disposited by Saturn. These problems may be difficult to shift. The ruler of the 5th house, Jupiter, is in the 4th house and also unaspected. It is in its own sign so does have some strength. In the 5th house, along with the 1st house ruler, we find Mars. Mars is in an applying trine to Saturn and they are in mutual reception by face, a minor dignity.

I do not see any clear indications of pregnancy in this chart. However, I wonder if the question is about two people who are wishing to have children or whether it is wishful thinking on Josie's part about something Miguel knows nothing about, hence the lack of indication of pregnancy.

Thanks!

Sue,

Thanks for the great reply! You answered a lot of questions for me about
how to look at this kind of question.

My Moon table says the VOC moon ended 1/3/06 at 12:14pm PST.
The time on the chart was 7:38 PM beyond the VOC...I believe :)

Interesting your last comment, more to keep in mind about conditions surrounding a question... I believe Josie is interested in a family
and asks her question b/c she is not sure if it is with the guy mentioned or not.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

I checked the voc Moon again and it is touch and go really. I might have a chart that is slightly out but I have the Moon at 20 deg 23 mins. Venus is at 00 deg 00 mins. This is an orb of 9 deg 37 mins. The moiety of these two planets is 9 deg 30 mins. Of course, this is all very pedantic but by the chart I have the Moon is still voc. However, this does not affect the rest of the judgement so much.

I thought about this chart after I had posted my comments and I do feel that the question is not about two people who might have difficulties conceiving but rather that there is no action in the chart that suggests a pregnancy with this man.

Cheers
Sue