Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I'm trying out Castle Beseigment for the Ashes.
Have got 2 correct and one wrong!
I'm expecting the last two tests will be Australia wins.

I'm not quite sure who else is playing a test series and whether there is any 'holder' of a trophy(previous test series winner) to try out this technique on.

Great.

But what about the Cricket World Cup 2007? Have you any authentic and reliable astrological technique to predict the winner of ONE DAY match?
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii

Thanks for the reply,

Firstly, just looking at the ongoing and upcoming Test matches and experimenting with beseigement, I get South Africa winning both the 2nd and 3rd tests against India and also winning all 3 against Pakistan.

That's 7 predictions and I'm not expecting to be correct.

On the issue of the World Cup, it seems similar to the Football World Cup and how this should be treated astrologically. I thought the perceived wisdom on this was to look at the individual country's natal charts, the transits to that chart and whether they were strong in the event chart for the individual match time. I would expect there would be other ways of treating open competition events such as sporting World Cup's.

Do you, or anyone else, have any thoughts on the subject?

Best wishes

If I may be permitted to put my head above the parapet and admit to beginners luck, the first 4 predictions have proved correct!

Looking at the forthcoming South Africa/Pakistan test series, I have been looking at circumstances when there have been draws between these countries. As part of the trial and error process it is the 2nd test that has the possibility of being a draw. I suppose this is part of the research process!

I will stick with the original predictions for the three tests although am interested to see the outcome of the 2nd test. (That will be Pakistan win then!)

The one thing about test matches is the ability or agony or observing how the prediction unfolds, or becomes undone over several days!

Hi John,

I like the castle besiegement technique too. I didn't try it out on the recent Ashes series though. We have a twelve (+ three finals) series of limited over (one day) matches starting in Australia on the 12th January. They are being played between Australia, England and New Zealand. The last series was played between Sri Lanka, England and Australia and Austraila won. So I suppose they are the holders of the trophy. But, of course, the castle besiegement charts will only work with the the three finals when there's two teams remaining, one of which would have to be Australia. If the finals are between New Zealand and England then it wouldn't work because neither team is the holder of the trophy.

I was thinking about how one could best predict the outcome of each game. Even though I am not that interested in sport I am interested in astrological techniques. For football games (any code) I like to give the ascendant to the team that kicks off as the initiator of the action. This eliminates any bias of deciding who the favourite is etc. When you look at the chart you simply see the teams as either the ascendant team or the descendant team. As soon as the game kicks off you know which team should win. This is similar to Bonatti's technique of giving the ascendant to the side that starts the war.

But I am wondering how this would work with cricket. Does the side that bats first initiate the game or does the side that bowls first. I am inclined to give it to the team that bats first since most times the team that wins the toss chooses to bat. Actually, I think I just gave myself the answer as I was typing this. Give the ascendant to the team that wins the toss.

With the other techniques I think there are some difficulties. For example, giving the ascendant to the home side. That is okay when Australia is playing. But what happens when England and New Zealand are playing each other? And as for the favourites, how do you decide that? If the game is between Australia and England and we go by numbers in the betting agencies, well England will probably come out ahead simply by the fact that there's almost four times as many British people as there are Australians to bet on the games. As for poor New Zealand, there's twice as many people in central London as there are in the whole of New Zealand.

Anyway, I would like to be able to test my belief in giving the ascendant to the initiators over the 12 games and I think this series might be a good way to do it. I had a quick look at the chart for the first game and it seems that the ascendant team (whomever wins the toss) will win.

Hi Sue,
Thanks for the reply, there is plenty in what you say for me to ponder. At the same time South Africa and Pakistan have finished Day 2 of the five day test and the result could go any way! The tension mounts.

I am interested in the astrological technique first, but the sports side allows astrology to be of interest and understood by non-astrologers.

I suppose I divide sports events into 3 groups.
-1 Castle Beseigement- Cricket Test matches(which I am currently testing out), Boxing, Certain Rugby Games, eg England V Scotland (Calcutta Cup), Oxford/Cambridge Boat Race, etc, where there is a 'holder' of the prize.
-2 Open Cup competitions, where a group of 32, etc, become, 16, to 8, etc to obtain a winner. Examples are the Cricket World Cup, Tennis tournaments, etc
-3 League games, eg English soccer and I assume Australian Rugby.

For items 2 and 3 I don't consider Castle Beseigement(CB) works, as the prize is handed back and all teams compete on an equal basis. If the current holder is tested against each opponent by CB then a different method needs to be used for the other games, which doesn't appear correct, as you point out for the upcoming Cricket one day series. This series is a hybrid, as it starts as a League and then becomes a Open Cup final.

I find the asc/des method confusing. You make a good point about the coin toss. In English soccer a great number of games start at the same time across the country, with little difference in the asc degree across England.
What are the variables that astrologers consider and what variables occur.
There is a home/away team, there is a favourite/non favourite. In soccer they toss a coin, in Tennis I believe they spin a racket and there is a winner. The winner either decides to kick off/serve or they choose which end to start from. In astrological terms I would say kicking towards/away from the ascendant.
I don't expect the public, or the bookmakers, would know where to start if I said the home team would win if the away team won the toss and chose to start the game in a westerly direction! It seems to have a certain astrological reasoning and is a possible explanation why in some circumstances either the home team/favourite is chosen as the ascendant.
The astrological approach to decide who is the winner when the asc/des is used is another topic!

I suppose that is why I am trying out CB, as the start time is known in advance and in cricket the toin coss is part of the process for arriving at a prediction.

I would be interested to know your finding for the asc/des results for the upcoming one day games and whether the coin toss winner is picked as the victor or the vanquished.

Hi friends,

Its really a pleasure to read such intresting comments about cricket predictions. It encourages the reader like me to experiment in the filed of sports astrology. I joined this forum with a view to learn mainly cricket prediction which I found very difficult.

Dear Sue, Three games in Commonwealth One day series in Australia has been played. Can you explain your predictions?

I am eagarly waiting for some valuable advises and explanations.

Regards,
Rohaan Joshii
Warm Regards,
Rohaan Joshii

Hi Rohan and John,

Unfortunately, I haven't been following this too closely. I have had a bad bout of bronchitis that I have not been able to get rid of and have also been stuggling to get my work done. I haven't had much time to look at this. I looked at the first one briefly and picked that the team that won the toss would lose. That team was England and the opposition was Australia. But, of course this means nothing. I will have to look at them in retrospect. I am still not convinced that this is the way to go but it would be interesting to find out. Using Bonatti's technique of giving the ascendant to the side that starts the war makes perfect sense. In any sort of football code it is easy. This is the team that kicks off. In a tennis match it is also easy. I would take the person who serves first to be on the ascendant. But cricket is a little different. The bowling and batting of the opening occur almost simultaneously, which is why I suggested the coin toss. Sometimes the winners of the toss decide to bat first and sometimes they choose to send the opposition in to bat. It is the winer of the toss who decides. But if any cricket fans have other suggestions I would be interested to hear them.

I might stick to looking at the three finals matches for the cricket, presuming that three are played. The interesting thing about the finals is that I believe we can use Bonatti's method of castle besiegement in this case because presumably Australia will be playing the finals and Australia is currently the holder of the cup. I might see if I can look at both methods. Getting the same results for both methods would be interesting.

Hello Rohan and Sue,

Firstly allow me an indulgence. Six out of the seven predictions for the test matches were correct. The incorrect result was the 2nd test between South Africa and Pakistan. I did have a reservation, basically because of similarities in the previous drawn charts between these two countries. Something for me to ponder on!!

Any book reference to Bonatti's technique would be helpful. Do I just treat the asc/des in the same manner as Castle Beseigement(CB) in order to arrive at a predicted winner?

The start of the event, soccer-kick off, tennis-first serve, sets the chart. The question is who should have the ascendant. Should it be the home side, the favourite, the team that kicks off/serves? I just throw in another variable, that is the winner of the coin toss, etc?
With cricket, the start is preset. In England there are plenty of matches which do not start at the allocated time, yet the preset time is used for the erection of the chart. My own view is that the coin toss, decision of the winner of the coin toss and the delay in the start from the announced(preset) time are just factors that determine the outcome.

As the final times are already known for the last three cricket matches , also Australia will be in the final, it would be possible to undertake both techniques in advance.

abt cricket predictions

hello john
this is rammu again.i hope ur following the ongoing matches between aus,eng and nz.amazingly eng have reached finals beating nz.my prediction of eng beating aus came true by prashana lagna technique.but it was wrong for the eng vs nz game.finals are on 9 th and 11th feb.seeing the charts for the 1st final between aus vs eng ,my prediction is england.it is surprising but i think england will win the 1st final.wht r ur predictions for the finals?i wanted to know predictions by ur technique thts y i contacted u.reply me soon.
urs truly
rammu.

Hi Rammu,

Congratulations on your prediction for the first cricket final between Australia and England. I was hoping you were right but had my doubts. I would be interested to know what led you to the conclusion that England would win because it would not have been an obvious choice non-astrologically.

Cheers
Sue