Job horary

I?m looking at a couple of job horary?s.

A friend has applied for a couple of jobs. One is a short term contract ? 8 week, but pays well. The other is permanent part-time, paid not so well.
She is currently in transition after taking a package at the end of last year and is just looking for something to bring a bit of financial security while she works out what she really wants to do. Naturally money is getting a bit tight and it's starting to cause her a lot of stress, but she's also not ready to commit to anything permanent.

She asked the first question after an interview for an 8 week position. Then later the same day got a phone call about a part-time position she had applied for. As she hadn't heard anything on the part-time position, she had assumed she hadn't got it.

Looking at the two separate charts, I?m trying to ascertain which one, if any, she is likely to get, or should take and of course, which would be the better option.

Job Horary

Will I get the Part-time Job?
5:02pm ACST -9:30
5 June 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
34S55 138E55
Asc 13 Sag

The querent has not yet attended the interview for this position.

The cross of matter well explains the type of job. The MC is fixed, so it is permanent, but the Asc is mutual indicting the flexibility.

The querent is Jupiter, Sag, Rx 1st house and also gets Moon Aqu in the 3rd.

Jupiter is primarily strong by essential dignity and position. The RX perhaps reflects her over qualification for the job? It would mean a big step back in both position and remuneration, but she is prepared to take a step backwards if it means some regular income to help cover bills if it leaves her time to focus on learning share trading.

Moon in Aquarius is peregrine, indicating her ambivalence to the job?

The job is reflected by the 10th, Sun in Gemini in the 7th. The sun is in the detriment of Jupiter ? would one read this as the ?job doesn?t want her?, or that the job will do her damage? The boss will hate her? Or again, simply that this is not the career move of the century once again reflecting a step backwards in career status?

Jupiter (the querent) being retrograde will aspect the Sun (the job) by opposition.
I guess logically I should read this as the text books say ? that the matter will come to pass, but at the regret of the querent.

Ie she will get the job, but she will regret taking it.

Is that how others would read this? I know I shouldn?t have to ask, but then, it never hurts to check.

On the money side, the money paid by the job is the 11th, being Mercury in Cancer ? peregrine and heading into a succeedent house ? the pay isn?t great, and it?s also not going to improve.

The querent?s current financial situation aptly is represented by Saturn in detriment in the 10th ? naturally the querent is worried about finances, she wouldn?t want the job otherwise, but should this be read as the job won?t help improve the querent?s financial situation any and in fact may damage it? To be honest, she thinks it may just pay her mortgage but nothing else, so she will still need to rely on finding other sources of income.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The other job ?

Will I get the 8 week contract?
1:02pm ACST -9:30
5 Jun 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
34S55 138E35
Asc 21 Virgo

The totally mutual cross of matter fits the impermanence of the position. She has the second interview to meet the boss tomorrow and if it goes ahead, she starts pretty much immediately.

The ruler of the Asc is Mercury, but Mercury also rules the 10th. Therefore should I give Mercury to the 10th ? the job - and just be using the moon to represent the querent?

If I take the moon to represent the querent, then Moon Aquarius is peregrine, no strength, no debility, no power ? fits I guess for an 8 week contract.

The job is represented by the 10th, Mercury in Cancer. I know for job horaries it is not important for the job to be in the dignities of the querent, but in this case, the job is disposed by the querent. Should this be read as the querent would have the job totally under control? Again it is a position junior to what she is use to doing.

I guess the main thing here is whether the matter comes to pass. Mercury at 7o Cancer does not make any aspect to Moon 2o Aquarius. This indicates that she doesn?t get / take the job?

The moon has just changed signs, so something has just changed for the querent? I?m not sure what this is though.

Financially, well the 11th, money from the job is the moon, so read separately as an indicator of money only, then again, money is neither great, nor shabby ? but then it is only a temporary position.

In this chart however, the querent?s money is much better positioned being represented by Mars Aries in 7th ? much stronger for her financially. Which is true as it comes it close to what she was previously earning when she worked full time.

Comparing the two, I see the 8 week contract as being the better option financially, however it looks like only the part-time job is actually offered, and she should be careful about accepting it. Is that how others read this?

Any input feedback on the delineation of these charts is greatly appreciated. I always find it confusing when both the querent and the quesited object are ruled by the same planet.

Many thanks
Ann

Hi Annie,

I like your writing style - very clear and down-to-earth. Your judgements seem very sound to me. :'

You're right, in the second chart it's better to use L10 for the job and the Moon for the querent. The 2nd job sounds better, as L10 is in dignities of the Moon, hence it is likely to be a more positive experience. It would be better to get this job - Is there any collection or translation of light between Mercury and the Moon?

In the 1st chart, Jupiter strong but R and applying to oppose peregrine L10 makes me think of clashes with authority, also. She's overqualified for the job, so not only will she not enjoy it, but more importantly, chances are that the people already working there will make life difficult for her. Pearls before swine, etc! Being R is a clear indication that she's taking a backwards step with this job, as you said. And the opposition bodes not well!

Keren

Hi Keren

thank you so much for your time and input.

I can't see any clear collection or translation for the first chart ... the next planet the moon aspects is the Sun, which has no relationship with Mercury. Mars will collect light from both Mercury and the moon, but like I said, the moon first aspects the Sun. I guess on the outcome side, I do know that my friend was indeed offered the contract, so there's something working there ... just can't figure what.

As to the part-time work, and the opposition ... Following her interview, whilst she hasn't heard yet either way, she did walk away thinking that there's no way she could go back to such mundane work and because she would find it so mundane, had no doubt that she would very quickly come to heads with the CEO (the boss) as she's not good at molly coddling people and as it is a job share position, the CEO very clearly thinks highly enough of his current PA that he is open to trying a job share role in order to keep her.

Once again thank you for your input.
Ann