When would be a good time to apply for my visa?

Hello everyone. I am VERY new to horary and I have been reading through this site with great interest. I have a question that has been plaguing me for awhile and I thought I would see if someone maybe could help me here in the way of advice.

Im American and live in the Czech Republic. I own a legal Czech company, fully incorporated here in Prague. The company is new, and now that its formed Im allowed to request a residence visa from the Czech government.

Despite the stupid rules the US has just placed on the world for entering America, the Czechs dont have any restrictions on Americans. You can stay here forever, pretty much, as long you cross the border every 3 months. There are no plans to impose any restrictions on Americans either, and the CZ government made that clear recently.

But I want to be properly legal, so I will be applying for the visa soon. I have to get some paperwork together, but I should be ready to apply within the next 3 or 4 weeks - possibly a bit sooner.

As far as anyone can tell me, an American has never been denied a visa request, provided they had a work permit, business license, or actually owned a company.

Im a natural worrier. And despite all of this, Im still nervous. (I hired a fraud to help me get legal last year, and they pulled a fast one on me)

SO. My question is:

When would be the best time to submit my application to the embassy, keeping in consideration that I may not be prepared to do so for 3 - 4 weeks yet, and also considering I would like to apply as soon as is feasible.

I hope I am giving you the correct info here, when I say the question was asked: (Im still not clear as to if its the time you first thought the question, or when you officially asked it of the universe, or what have you..)

Friday May 14, 2004
0331 am CET
Prague, Czech Republic
14e26 50n05

ANY help/advice will be GREATLY appreciated.

Im particularly concerned about the Venus retrograde..Im wondering if I should wait until this passes before applying for the visa- I was hoping to have applied for the visa and received it before Mercury goes retro again..

Maybe Jupiters having gone direct will be helpful..

Thank you all.

Hi Diva,

I drew up the chart but have only been able to give it a quick look. You have less than 3 degrees rising on the ascendant which is a warning about placing too much confidence in the chart, or its ability to answer what you expect it to answer. The South node is on the 9th house cusp so there might be difficulties or delays concerning matters of an international involvement. Mars rules the 9th and at 4 Cancer is applying to a conjunction of asc-ruler Saturn at 10 Cancer in 6 degrees, so that might be pointing to 6 months. But both planets are cadent, Saturn is in detriment, Mars is in fall, and since they are both infortunes it seems to suggest there will be a lot of hassle and aggravation.

If the question concerns the best time to do something you fully intend to do, you might be better using electional astrology to elect a good time to submit your application.

Hi Deb,

Thanks alot for looking at it for me. :D

So..I guess I shouldnt put too much faith in this chart then, like you indicated in the beginning..

I have to apply within the next month or so, its not an optioin. I could wait a few weeks beyond that if there were some really compelling suggestions, but I couldnt wait much longer than that.

Im not sure if you meant wait 6 months, or if the process would take 6 months. If you meant the latter, its not possible, as the government has a max of 4 months to respond (and actually, I think its 3 since May 1st now) and they typically respond within 2..

I dont really have a feeling that this will go badly or take forever, and Im usually pretty good about that kind of thing..so maybe I will just try the electional like you suggested.

Though if anyone else has any opinion on this matter Im still interested to hear them.

At this point, I would prefer to put my faith in the not putting to much faith in the answers of this chart! :lol:

Thank you again!

There?s no hour agreement so I don?t feel like pushing it, but since 6 months is out of the question then 6 weeks would be more appropriate (the symbolism has to relate to the possible timeframe). The symbolism of 6 comes up again in the fact that there are 6 degrees separating Mars from Saturn. It could be 6 days but Saturn is a slow planet naturally and in a cadent house so I doubt it will happen that quickly. There is also one and a half degrees separating Saturn from its exact trine with the 9th house cusp ?
that is a very positive contact and if you view Saturn?s movement as equating to months, it would show a month and a half (ie., 6 weeks).

I think you are best to work on an electional chart but this might give you a pointer to a good period to be looking at. In case you haven?t seen it, John Frawley has written an article on timing in horary:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/timing.html

Good luck.

Hmmm. I was going to post this as an electional question, as it seemed the logical thing to do...but then something occurred to me. I really cant pick an exact date to apply, as the company I hired has premade appointments with the embassies.

One of the owners will be going on vacation in June and he told me he plans to take me to apply within the next 4 weeks. Duh, I should have mentioned that.

So. Maybe I should ask a different question for Horary. This one scares to me to death to ask, but I will try to be brave here.. :shock:

Will I get the visa I will be applying for?

Saturday May 15th
1:32 PM CET
Prague, Czech Republic
14e26 50n05

Ack. Im still trying to be brave here... :lol:

Thanks for any help anyone might have!
Last edited by Diva on Sat May 15, 2004 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ooops! We were posting at the same time Deb! hehe..

I will look at the article you mentioned..do you still think it should be electional based on the info I jsut added?

And please could you clarify, is that wait 6 weeks to apply? or it will take 6 weeks to be approved...?

Sorry to sound like an idiot here.. :wink: