Astrologers not taking into account real world events?

I often look at many astrologers' columns in magazines and newspapers and visit noted astrologers' websites. What shocks me is that nearly all of them seem to be very positive with regards to current world events in particular property, finance and the job market. They don't mention the credit crunch - rising inflation, negative equity, high food costs, job losses etc.

I keep on seeing "June is a great time to buy or invest in new property" (hardly anyone is buying at the moment) "September sees you spend spend" (most people are watching the old purse) "Ask your boss for a promotion in November" (begging your boss not to sack you is more likely).

Are these astrologers just trying to ensure people keep reading what they have to say? Do you reckon their editors are pushing them into smothering us with good news when for many life has never been so bleak?

Petal

Hi Petalp, don't read the astrology columns in a newspaper or magazine as they are crap. Go and see an astrologer, if you are experiencing dark times, they will be able to walk you through it to the otherside. The tone of your post sounds to me like you have the " black dog " hanging around at the moment, as no matter what happens in the world there are always good things that happen, the world is not all bad.
Remember that everything we have somebody before us shed blood,sweat and tears so we could have a better life !

I keep on seeing "June is a great time to buy or invest in new property" (hardly anyone is buying at the moment)
That's what makes it a good time to buy. The object is to buy low and sell high. When the market is desperate for buyers, prices come down. Then, when everyone is buying, prices go up, making it a good time to sell. This is the way economics works. The other stuff you mention is, as SunPluto says, just pessimism.

Horoscope columns have slightly more credibility than financial reporters because unlike the financial reporters, horoscope columns don't have an axe to grind. Cheer up. The world is not about to end.

Tom

Hi,

A few reflections on adversity and how to cope with it.

http://www.quotegarden.com/adversity.html

It will be interesting to see if the movement of Jupiter out of Capricorn (fall) into Aquarius will improve matters. Jupiter will still be in a domicile of Saturn but will be in its own triplicity ( according to Dorothean triplicity rulers). Further ahead the Ingress of Saturn into Libra (exaltation) and Jupiter into Pisces (domicile ruler) will presumably indicate a significant improvement in the economic climate.

There is no doubt that the astrologicallly astute can take advantage of the inevitable up and down turn of economic markets.

This reminds me of a quote:

Millionaires don't have astrologers, billionaires do.
- J.P. Morgan

(Source: Norman Winski, curator and owner of the Evangeline Adams Library, who was J.P. Morgan's Astrologer)

Re: Astrologers not taking into account real world events?

Petalp wrote:I often look at many astrologers' columns in magazines and newspapers and visit noted astrologers' websites. What shocks me is that nearly all of them seem to be very positive with regards to current world events in particular property, finance and the job market. They don't mention the credit crunch - rising inflation, negative equity, high food costs, job losses etc.
There was me thinking it too negative.
All that is mentioned above is under your control, therefore not exactly something which will adversely have an effect unless you make some silly choices.
Petalp wrote: I keep on seeing "June is a great time to buy or invest in new property" (hardly anyone is buying at the moment) "September sees you spend spend" (most people are watching the old purse) "Ask your boss for a promotion in November" (begging your boss not to sack you is more likely).
All months are great for buying property, maybe June in particular as some favourable aspect in transit occured. Yeah, maybe not in every country, but you can find many bargains still out there.
Petalp wrote: Are these astrologers just trying to ensure people keep reading what they have to say? Do you reckon their editors are pushing them into smothering us with good news when for many life has never been so bleak?
Petal
Good news is better than bad. If you want to hear some bad news, turn on the TV.

Maybe you need to look further afield, especially on the internet. You can find bad news if thats what you really want.

Maybe you can suggest some ways of how you would like to see an improvement in how astrological affairs are handled.