Quitting my Job

What will happen if I quit my Job?
Oct 18, 2004
08:48:00 PM PDT
Penn Valley,CA
121W04'00" 39N13'00"

This has me wondering how to read "good" events occuring vs "Bad"... I didn't want to do a "should I" question , since Like anyone considering a change, I just want to know if I'm gonna be Okay if I do quit.
ME R1, SAT R10...SAT IN 2nd house In reception w/ MO (Ruler 2) shows that yes, this is where my bread comes from...but Moon is applying to Merc by sextile. So I'm reading MO, Ruler 2, is Applying in a good way to Me (Merc) while she is Applying to Square with 7th house ruler JU. I'm not sure the MO/JU aspect even matters here since this is a 10/1/2 house question. Should I just read the fact that Mercury is so weak that only bad will befall me if I make this move? Does a favorable Moon aspect trump a weak significator?

Even though you?ve asked what will happen if you do something, the chart can only describe the reality of the situation as it currently exists, being focussed on that matter, and its from the understanding of this that you use the chart to make the best preparations for the future. Mercury is in a poor position: peregrine and lacking dignity in the 6th ? I would take this as you have little to lose with a job that is currently sapping your energies or making you demoralised. The 10th house ruler is also an afflicted malefic, but about to change signs, and the presence of Uranus in the 10th (the last planet that Mercury contacted and the next planet that the Moon contacts) also shows change and separation.

Because they are within 5 degrees of the cusps, I read Saturn as 3rd house and the Moon as 8th house. The applying trine from the Moon to Mercury isn?t great, because it?s bringing an 8th house influence; but the 8th house is about endings so I think the chart is showing that it?s right for you to consider moving on. This chart doesn?t show you in a great position, or that a change won?t come without sacrifice, but if it helps you make your decision try turning the question around ? rather than asking what will happen if you quit, look at this chart and ask what future are you building for yourself if you stay? If your main concern is financial, the fact that the Moon rules the 2nd and is applying by trine to Mercury, although it has limited promise being associated with the 8th house, in its sign of detriment and disposed by Saturn, should ensure you manage.

But before you make your decision take a look at Venus on the 5th house cusp. It?s currently square Pluto but it?s within orb of an applying sextile to Saturn and the Moon is moving towards a trine of Venus. Venus rules the 12th but it may not be such a negative influence with the North Node also conjunct the 12th house cusp. The sextile between Venus and Saturn perfects on 26th Oct ? if I were you I?d try to think of any positive possibilities that relate to the symbolism of Venus; I see that as a very helpful planet, with its 12th house rulership perhaps suggesting that you have to be a bit secretive or do some ?behind the scenes? planning.

Deb,
thanks for the reply; I'm understanding the logic used.the only thing I'm not getting is the Moon/8th house connection. Using Regio houses, I've got the 8th cusp @ 10CP28' and Moon is at 02CP48' in the 7th house. would that orb still work to put Moon in the 8th house?
Thanks, Chris

My stupid mistake. I'd changed the settings on my software to draw some charts in another house system yesterday and forgot to change it back again.

That's better for you though - who wants an 8th house Moon anyway?

I'm really sorry about that.

Deb