Classical Medical Astrology

Could someone direct me to any references from the classic texts to Void of course moon and it's significance in medical astrology? I'm assuming it's not a favored condition (like performing surgery with one hand) but I've yet to actually read anything about the V/C moon and medical. Would anyone here go in for heart bypass surgery when moon was V/C?--- That's the kind of data I'd like to research.
Thanks in advance,

Chris

Have you already checked in Christian Astrology ? I am asking before I myself checked in, so I don?t know if Lilly has any void of moon examples with health :-)

Research is more complex, you would need many cases to really drawn a pattern... you would have to get the records of a hospital or something like it.

Remember also that the moon in cancer, taurus, pisces and sagitarius is able to perform.

Y

Hi Chris,

The best place to start with traditional medical astrology is 'Astrological Judgement of Diseases' by Nicholas Culpeper. I don't have my copy with me at the moment but he will have something in it about voc Moon in medical charts. Of course, they didn't have this sort of surgery in those days but you'll get some fascinating information. I love the way he writes. Many of the online astrology bookstores will have reprint editions if you do not have a copy.

Cheers
Sue

Lilly on Moon Void of Course in Decumbiture

Hi, Chris

Lilly says, under the section entitled "Testimonies that the Querent shall live and not die of the infirimity now Afflicting", CA p 254:

"When at the first falling sick of the infirm Body, the Moon is void of course, and at her next Crisis meets with a sextile or Trine of Jupiter or Venus, in that very degree which makes a perfect Crisis, the sick shall recover, but he never so much pained or greived at the time of demanding the Question or access of the Urine; when in the first beginning or approach of a Disease, the Sun, Moon and the Lord of the Ascendant are free from ill aspects of the Infortunes or Lord of the eighth, there needs no fear or suspicion to be made of the death of the then sick person, for when the Benevolent Planets are more potent than the Malevolent, they give assured hopes of life, and invite the infirm person to confide of his escape."

This rule seems to run counter to the common advice not to operate during a VOC moon. But if we look at the significance of the Moon to decumbiture, it all makes more sense. The Moon and her upcoming aspects show the course of the disease. If there are no aspects upcoming while the Moon is in her current sign, there really is not much to worry about. This understanding of the Moon carries over to the injunction not to operate during Moon Void of Course: there will be no significant change observed as the result of such surgery, therefore there is not much point in operating at this time.

If, however, you intended your surgical procedure to produce a neutral result (like exploratory surgery, which you don't hope will cure you, but you'd rather it did not make you worse), then Moon Void of Course might be a good idea for an election.

I have drawn several Void of Course decumbitures; so far, they all share this trait: the patient has recovered from the condition experienced at that time without further ado or need for medical intervention. Medical testing has been much in evidence during these Moon Void of Course decumbitures, but no treatment was required.

I hope this is useful!

Warmly,

Pam
"Id rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"