Blair, Charles, Diana and the UK chart

There will be an article about Princess Diana published at the end of the month, but in the meantime, a few mundane observations about our prominent national figures:

The Bush thread mentioned the recent retrogradation of Saturn at 13 Cancer, very close to Blair?s natal Uranus (15 Cancer) and in sextile with his natal Sun (15 Taurus). This week?s lunar eclipse (16 Taurus) also falls on his natal Sun. At the moment, speculation of a leadership battle is gaining pace. With Saturn currently on the UK chart midheaven (9 Cancer) and opposing our Sun (10 Capricorn), leadership issues are looking hard all-round at the moment.
Meanwhile, back at the palace, the intimidating presence of Princess Diana has re-emerged to wreak havoc on the royal family. Disclosures by her Butler revealed that she had written to warn of danger to her life through the context of a planned car crash and that she held a tape (no-one knows where it is now), of a witness who claimed to have been raped by a royal servant - who was also said to have been caught having gay sex with a senior royal.

Diana is news again. In the 1801 UK chart Mercury stands in the 3rd house at 17 Sagittarius ? within one degree of Diana?s natal ascendant (18 Sag) ? both being presently activated by the transit of Pluto (18 Sag). This ?return from the dead? is quite interesting in a wider context ? note Dirty Den returning to Eastenders despite having been killed off nearly 20 years ago.
Whilst the contact with our national Mercury gave Diana an incredible affinity with the press, it never really worked for Prince Charles. He has his natal Mars at 20 Sag, so where Diana gets attention, he?s usually caught up in negative publicity, attacks and criticisms. His Mars resides in his 5th house. He has suffered before through the exposure of a taped conversation of a highly personal and sexual nature. Right now Pluto is conjunct Mars in his 5th house ? all hitting our 3rd house Mercury whilst allegations of gay sex and male rape fill the press.
The palace has issued a statement declaring that any scandalous gossip (Mercury-Pluto-Mars) is entirely untrue. But with Mars the ruler of Charles?s MC, it will undoubtedly take its toll on his reputation, public image and prospects as king.

Oh what a tangled web ? back to Saturn conjuncting the UK MC.
Last edited by Deb on Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercury is still combust so the truth is presently unattainable.

I ponder upon the significance of Charles having his 10th house Moon in opposition to Mercury natally.

The Moon rules the 12th house which has that Uranus-opp-Jupiter/Mars affliction.
And where does Charles?s afflicted 12th house cusp fall? Exact on Diana?s Mercury. She communicates revelations that he would much rather keep hidden and private.

Re: Blair, Charles, Diana and the UK chart

Deb wrote: ? note Dirty Den returning to Eastenders despite having been killed off nearly 20 years ago.
Wow! I can't believe Dirty Den is still alive. They stopped showing Coro St and Eastenders here years ago and I still miss them. :cry:

Another Pluto thing that is happening for Charles at the moment is that the eclipse tomorrow (9th) is almost exactly square his natal Pluto. It is within 19' of orb. No wonder there is so much coming from the depths to attack him.

I would really be surprised if Charles ever sat the throne, William is most likely to be next Monarch. Though I happen to have a soft spot for the impish Harry myself. I like a kid with some spunk, rather than one who presents a polished exterior. :)

I've always thought of charles as the shadow prince, always needing to present the proper exterior, never truely on the throne. I think his Birthchart reads that way? just my impression of it?

the shadow, the destructor Pluto in the first, sun under the earth and Mother moon so obiously in power and prominence at the top...

MissB

I?m not sure I agree with that. I expect Charles?s Scorpionic resilience will see him through this. Moon in the 10th suggests to me that he will be king and will come into his own in that position.
It is worth keeping an eye on the fact that Paul Burrell fits into this picture too (natal Sun at 17 Gemini opp. Diana?s asc and UK Mercury). His revelations flooded the press as Pluto opposed his Sun. And dug up all the old dirt of course.

There was an artilce in the paper here yesterday about a recent poll in Britain on this issue. There has always been speculation that the Queen might hand the throne directly to William. I cannot see this happening at all. The Queen is Taurean with a Capricorn ascendant. She takes her responsibilities very seriously and is unlikely to retire as some believe she might. She sees it as her duty to see it through for life. Judging by her mother, this could be some time yet. She also believes strongly in tradition and I can't see her breaking with that. Charles and Elizabeth have some interesting connections in their natal charts as well. The 10th house Moon of Charles' exactly conjuncts the Queen's Sun and her Leo Moon is close to his Leo ascendant. We get stories in the press here about the resentment Charles feels for his mother for holding on to the throne but I suspect that they understand each other a lot more than we are led to believe.

Actually I refer to the fact that English Queens seem to be very long lived. I would not be in the least surprised if she OUTLIVED Charles. Not that he wont live down his problems or anything else, just that He has always been overshadowed by her majesty and I dont think he will ever outlive that shadow. William on the other hand, probably will.

MissB