question which is stronger

Jupiter in Exultation or Mercury in his own house, I know its in CA somewhere but if some one has the page number off the top of their brilliant memories, I would appreciate it, I'm looking in all the wrong places today.
(more coffee, must have more coffee) my head says its Jupiter, but then I'm fond of Jupiter.

Granny

So much depends on context, but generally a planet is considered stronger, and more reliable in its strength, when in its own sign rather than its exaltation - hence planets get 5 points of fortitude in their own sign, but only 4 in their exaltation (CA p.115).

Its perhaps slightly off topic but in Indian astrology exaltation is considered a stronger dignity than domicile rulership.

I also seem to remember seeing somewhere that in contest or battle charts exaltation could be more effective than domicile rulership. Bonatti?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

mark - thanks for saying that. i get a mixed message on this topic too, and i know it isn't due a deep study of indian astrology! it seems sketchy and hinges on which astrological author one wants to lean on most heavily.. i defer to others if the desired authority is wanted in lilly..

Thanks All! I appreciate the assist.

I notice Jupiter is also in Mercury's terms right now so also probably ads strength to Mercury,

for those wondering why I was asking... I was looking at a horary where the intent is who is going to win this argument, Asc was Sag, plus I like the Sag person.

I was also thinking that Jupiter has more support on that question, but it may be that the answer is not who is going to win the argument, maybe its more will they come to agreement? both sides seem pretty strong.

anyway right now those planets are both well placed!

Granny

granny_skot wrote:anyway right now those planets are both well placed!
If the planets are similar strong in their essential dignities, their positions in the chart, i.e. their accidental dignities, are as always to be considered too but possibly could be decisive as to the strength of two significators.