Astrology's self fulfilling prophecies ?

I wonder how many times you get people telling you that if you think something-VE is going to happen to you then it probably will.

I wonder about this as I think Astrology is as close to Psychiatry as you can get. The understanding and awareness of deep forces within us, that are pretty Occultish ?

How can we tell if being concerned about something Astrologically ACTUALLY increases the weight on our subconscious or NOT ?

I've got Saturn buzzing around in my 5th House just now and things are weighing on me. Even if I actively work to avoid exact transits. When they are exact.

But I've two insights into this.

1/ There have been times when I've miscalculated the peak stress either before or after, and then I've been feeling very stressed with still 2 days to go ONLY to discover that the peak is already under my feet, or NOT felt stressed ONLY to discover that the peak stress is still a few days off.

2/ Further, I think Astro distress does work on a different plain to "real" stress. And you've got to work hard at NOT projecting that Astro stress onto some real life situation.

3/ And finally I don't really believe, or didn't, that Astro did anything more than encourage certain activities or situations.

But Saturn's arrival has made me wonder, as pretty well everything that could have been Saturnised in my Life has been, and you wonder how much more there is to come when The Old Witch returns in the Summer ????

So any opinions as to these points ?

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As

Just a few perspectives, and not necessarily ones I hold firmly.

1. A given transit from a slower moving planet may require a trigger from a faster-moving planet, notably the moon. If you can time a Big Event related to a slower-moving planet where the aspect is not exact, see if the moon or Mercury are triggers.

2. The planets do not cause anything, any more than a clock causes events that occur at a particular time. Without getting all Jungian about it, transits that coincide with events may simply reflect synchronicity.

3. Most astrologers do not seem to have a clear grasp of psychology or psychiatry today. Perhaps you do, but in my experience most do not unless they have this particular type of education and licensing. Traditional astrology does talk about temperament. See, for example, Dorian Greenbaum, Temperament: Astrology's Forgotten Key. Modern western astrology seems committed to Jungian (analytical) psychology, but not the psychology that is taught in comprehensive universities in the US and Canada.

4. When I was first learning astrology I also kept a dream journal. I began to notice how transits correlated with dream symbolism. Which makes sense if we consider that we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping. (unconscious) For example, a dream of a mature woman dressed in white or a white house are lunar images.