Re: Singing which house?

EleanorLouise wrote:Someone wants me to focus on their progression of their singing that comes out of learning and growing their singing ability through their vocal coach.

Which house would represent her actual singing voice? 3rd? 5th?
In my experience... Musical talent is shown by the lord of H2, H3, Venus and Mercury. H2 deals more with the voice.
Cheers.

Re: Singing which house?

EleanorLouise wrote:Someone wants me to focus on their progression of their singing that comes out of learning and growing their singing ability through their vocal coach.

Which house would represent her actual singing voice? 3rd? 5th?
Very interesting question, I would say either 2nd (Venus, art and throat) or 3rd (Mercury, vocal communication), between these two I would take Venus (2nd) for art. I think 5th (Sun) for "art of creative singing" style/expressions . . . Let’s see what others will say.

Is this involving theater art? I love "singing voices" of humans and birds and I use to hang around standing room in the upper floor of SF Opera all the time.

I enjoy this topic because I sang throughout high school and choir and I admire musicians. In Vedic it is more clear - they would say the 2nd rules the voice, and any planets in that house, and I find this accurate. In western, I have heard different answers over the years, such as looking at the 5th house of artistry or Venus, since she rules music.

However, whatever house you use for the subject matter, in any horary, the querent and Moon's condition showing improvement would help answer the question. If they were separating from a more difficult influence and applying to a benefic, that would suggest improving, for example. One doesn't necessarily need to look at the house subject matter regarding improving something, although it may show up anyway, such as the querent or Moon being in the 2nd or applying to the 2nd ruler. Another thing that shows growth is the Moon waxing (increasing in light) rather than waning, which shows increase rather than decrease. Whether applying/separating towards a a full or new moon might describe where they are at also. A new moon applying shows a conclusion or possibly a stall or quitting. A new moon separating may show a beginning. A full moon applying can show a peak of energy or a breaking point whereas a separation might mean they reached their peak already and the rest is downhill.

If the planet(s) representing the querent were essentially dignified but accidentally weak, I would think they were capable of improvement but they are using the wrong methods or teacher. If they are essentially weak but accidentally strong, they might be showing little natural talent but making the best of what they can do with their voice. If both were strong, they would be very good at singing and possibly not show more improvement because they were already at their best.

What is interesting about the natal charts of many brilliant singers is that their 2nd house may not be fantastic. Pavarotti comes to mind - he had his 10th ruler Venus there with Neptune, but she was in fall in Virgo. One would think Venus was damaged, but Virgo is also a sign of perfection. Sometimes an odd placement for Venus can show genius and she was also trine Uranus, showing there was no one quite like him. She was also oriental of the sun, which is another odd indication, or "weak" according to Lilly, but sometimes odd placements can be a strength to make someone unique.

Thank you for the response.
Totally slip my mind to think of second house. In horary I rarely think of the 2nd house in that manner.

She is more doing this for personal fulfillment. Won't perform in public like she use to. She did say she be open to singing again in public...but probably not in the near foreseeable future (a year.)

The type of music she does is I would say "extreme" vocals....she is right now practicing her soprano voice and she also does unclean vocals (what you find in like progressive metal.)

She probably won't be doing theatre since she is not too into that style of music unless she gets invited to do theatre that is opera focused.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

Tanit3333 wrote:I enjoy this topic because I sang throughout high school and choir and I admire musicians. In Vedic it is more clear - they would say the 2nd rules the voice, and any planets in that house, and I find this accurate. In western, I have heard different answers over the years, such as looking at the 5th house of artistry or Venus, since she rules music.

However, whatever house you use for the subject matter, in any horary, the querent and Moon's condition showing improvement would help answer the question. If they were separating from a more difficult influence and applying to a benefic, that would suggest improving, for example. One doesn't necessarily need to look at the house subject matter regarding improving something, although it may show up anyway, such as the querent or Moon being in the 2nd or applying to the 2nd ruler. Another thing that shows growth is the Moon waxing (increasing in light) rather than waning, which shows increase rather than decrease. Whether applying/separating towards a a full or new moon might describe where they are at also. A new moon applying shows a conclusion or possibly a stall or quitting. A new moon separating may show a beginning. A full moon applying can show a peak of energy or a breaking point whereas a separation might mean they reached their peak already and the rest is downhill.

If the planet(s) representing the querent were essentially dignified but accidentally weak, I would think they were capable of improvement but they are using the wrong methods or teacher. If they are essentially weak but accidentally strong, they might be showing little natural talent but making the best of what they can do with their voice. If both were strong, they would be very good at singing and possibly not show more improvement because they were already at their best.

What is interesting about the natal charts of many brilliant singers is that their 2nd house may not be fantastic. Pavarotti comes to mind - he had his 10th ruler Venus there with Neptune, but she was in fall in Virgo. One would think Venus was damaged, but Virgo is also a sign of perfection. Sometimes an odd placement for Venus can show genius and she was also trine Uranus, showing there was no one quite like him. She was also oriental of the sun, which is another odd indication, or "weak" according to Lilly, but sometimes odd placements can be a strength to make someone unique.
Thank you for such an amazing post this helps a lot.

She did give me her birth chart...her venus is in pisces..not at the exaltation degree..about 2 degrees from it. But her second ruler is in the same house as venus and under same sign rulership. Venus though makes no aspects to any of the traditional planets. Venus though is loner here....makes no aspects to anything (traditional planets.) She does have separating aspects with uranus, neptune, pluto between 0-3 degrees...there is an aspect, but since the ascendant is a fix spot in her chart..I would even consider that separating by a few degrees.

Some consider an unaspected planet as able to truly express itself (if we just consider the traditional planets)

Her 2nd lord squares her ascendant lord. Through separating aspect. The aspect between sun and saturn is at 9*46' But they are separating since sun moves quicker.

Base all on a placidius chart.

We haven't erect a chart yet since she isn't ready to ask the question. But, she did tell me what the topic be on, wanted to be prepared when she asked. Thanks much.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.