india independence and republic charts

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Na ... ependence)

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Na ... (Republic)

i have never really worked with either of these charts.. i am hesitant to use the independence chart, as i believe it is the very same chart for pakistan- 1 minute difference, lol - https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Na ... ependence)..

also, as india celebrates jan 26th as a national holiday, i am more inclined to use it! thoughts??

Thanks for posting the charts James.
I use the Indian Independence chart, I don’t really concern myself with Pakistan as it is reflected in the Indian chart. As you point out it is essentially the same chart. Never tried the other since at least for me the Independence chart works just fine.
The upcoming transits in the 7° Taurus rising horoscope for India are troubling with a look to the recently escalated tensions between India and Pakistan earlier in the year in Kashmir and the ongoing but quiet nuclear arms race between them.
Here are some highlights.
The sub period of Jupiter in the main period of the Moon is operating.
Transiting Rahu is in the 2nd house separating in mutual aspect with sixth lord Jupiter.
On July 4th transiting Jupiter will aspect natal 6th lord Venus and the 3rd house.
Simultaneously transiting 10th lord Saturn will be in exact conjunction with transiting Ketu in the eighth house.
Transiting 6th lord Venus will be conjunct natal Mars lord of the natal 12th house pretty much on the cusp of the second house.
Later, on August 3rd transiting Jupiter will exactly aspect 10th lord Saturn at 20Ca, then Jupiter takes station at 20Ca afflicting natal Saturn even more severely for the rest of August and even into early September.
The late summer will be especially challenging for Modi and his government in foreign policy and relations with neighbors, namely Pakistan and China. Jupiter as lord of the 8th house is most dangerous in the seventh house challenging India's international status. Transiting Mars lord of the 12th house of losses is sweeping through the 3rd and the 4th houses during this time period upsetting close neighbors and miscommunications. India will be challenged to maintain relations and avoid direct conflict with one or more of its neighbors in the coming months.
These are nuclear powers people. They all have low yield tactical nukes pointed at each other all along the frontier.

aj - thanks.. i see what you are saying... jupiter station aug 3rd is 20 scorpio, but i get what you are saying here... sometimes the astrology works out very differently then we expect... also, with mundane astrology charts there are a few to choose from, and perhaps it will look differently after all of this passes...

i noticed the last time jupiter had a sub period was beginning august 2011... one can pull up a page on events in india for 2011, as i had done here -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_in_India

here is an overview on 2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_India

according to the dasas off the krisnamurti ayanamsa jupiter subperiod was from aug 11th 2011 to may 27 2012..

of course - all this would apply equally to pakistans chart as well...

james_m wrote:sometimes the astrology works out very differently then we expect... also, with mundane astrology charts there are a few to choose from, and perhaps it will look differently after all of this passes...
No doubts. This is how it is going to play out...
The late summer will be especially challenging for Modi and his government in foreign policy and relations with neighbors, namely Pakistan and China. India will be challenged to maintain relations and avoid direct conflict with one or more of its neighbors in the coming months.
Cheers.

aj - i moved it here- independence chart thread, since this is what we're talking about...
AJ wrote:
james_m wrote:that's interesting looking at the cross aspects between the 2 charts!

i would be more concerned about the transit of rahu to natal mars in the independence chart... that coincides with saturn as sub lord for the period 21st of oct 2019 onward til may 2021... at the same time saturn transit will oppose natal moon... take a look at transits in spring of 2020 to the independence chart bearing in mind saturn as sub lord for the period...
Certainly anytime the nodal axis is afflicting the bhava madhya of any house axis it is serious times. The true Nodes are moving fairly quickly then and of course Mars as 12th lord conjunct the 2nd house cusp. Note too that Ketu is afflicting the 8th, 12th, 2nd, and 4th house.
As far as dasha, Jupiter sub is a bit more dire as it is the 8th Lord, Saturn is a functional benefic as it rules good houses though it is afflicted by natal 6th lord Venus. Natal Jupiter is also badly placed in the 6th. [PS, just noticed that you must be considering the exact natal affliction of Pluto to Saturn that would make your delineation of the Sa sub more intense.]
Note that in early January 2019 the conjunction of transiting Jupiter and Ketu is going to first afflict transiting Sun, then Mercury in the 8th house. Concurrently, transiting 6th lord Mars is afflicting the asc/desc axis which in turn is afflicted by natal Ketu! You will appreciate that transiting Saturn is applying to exact conjunction with Pluto then too.
The gut of it is that India is going to have tough going the latter half of this year and well into the next.
Fair Winds...
thanks aj.. i can see what you are looking at and agree there are some strong head winds come january 2020 ( your 2019 is a typo).. the sub period will be saturn come oct 2019..

i wonder how it all looks from the republic chart? i haven't looked.. looking now - jupiter is the major dasa until january 2025... the chart is set up differently though...

i am still a novice on the concept of friends in the chart.. i have to re-read that section from light on life... coincidentally, i got a cheap copy of the same authors book - light on relationships.. i am about 40 pages in.. i like this book as well and hope to learn a few things... cheers james