I noticed another thread about Algol where position was debated a little bit and Tom said he only looks at 1 degree orb. It is up to the astrologer, I guess. Mine would be out of orb if that is the case (22 degrees). Some of the examples and interpretations in this thread are interesting:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 37037c0129

Here are the current placements of fixed stars: https://www.skyscript.co.uk/stars.html

Someone mentioned a person having Algol on the MC and working with skulls. I found that interesting because mine rules the 2nd (can describe vocation) in the 11th opp Uranus and I am a microbiologist and have worked with body parts for culture analysis, etc, including handling skulls.

Tanit3333 wrote: Modern astrologers give Algol more positive meaning, such as being iconoclastic in personalit
William Lilly suggests, that in certain circumstances, Algol can act in a beneficial way to the native. This section is found in his section on Honour/preferment in a nativity.
Christain Astrology, 1659ed p 620 wrote: Caput Medisae culminating with Sun or Jupiter gives power of the Sword against others unto the Native
But I doubt if this would be very beneficial to those subject to the native's sword.

I have heard the Bulgarian babylonian astrologer Krasi say that algol
alternates between 3 colours at a regular frequency & it depends on the colour that it is emitting at your time of birth which determines whether it is very malefic star or mildly malefic .

Good info Zosma!

Now all we need is an Algol Color Calculator! :lol:

Actually, I'd love to know this as he's conjunct my Mars, as a lone bucket handle. Skulls do figure into my life, incidentally Tanit.

Picking this thread up again. My progressed sun is nearing Algol, which is why I started researching it. Seems it's not all negative. Both George Lucas and Marc Zuckerberg have their natal Sun conjunct Algol. Both Johnny Depp and Marlon Brando (imo the most handsome men ever when they were young) have Venus conjunct Algol.

Hi Jac
Hope your all keeping well in these difficult times.
My understanding of Algol has changed as Venus became visible & stationed Direct over my Mars 5 degrees of Gemini on my MC according to Rumen Kolev Mars at this proximity to the Pleiades is a signature for hereditary witch it doesn't help that Mars is the apex of a Yod also known as a witches hat.
So what happened as Venus stationed over the witch's hat?
By chance, I stumbled upon a youtube video about Anna Breytenbach/
Who is Anna Breytenbach? well, she can communicate with animals in a way nobody else can. It is worth seeing her on youtube as she connects to wild animals & they connect to her. By seeing her on youtube I was immediately drawn to her eyes I could see she would enter a profound stillness & would project her thoughts into the morphic field as she focused on the animal & with her intuition would sense the animal's reply. So what has this to do with Algol well only that she has her moon on Algol opposite Neptune in Scorpio & both squaring Sun in Leo i.e a fixed T square & Mercury in Virgo in fact she has a cluster in Virgo including the Pluto Uranus conjunction. As with most people who have a luminary over Algol she has very long & flowing dark hair. In the past, I was fearful of Algol as it would give the owner the power of the evil eye. This power is a natural power & some people are unaware that they have it.
The Medusa would turn people into stone by her stare. Anna uses this power in a constructive way; she would turn herself into stone by stilling her body & mind using her eyes to project her question to the animal & in her stillness await the animal's reply. So this is the first time I have become aware of a refined human utilizing Algol in a positive way. So Venus showed me the beneficial side of Algol as she stationed over my natal Mars in Gemini. In fact, should you see her youtube videos there is one where she tracks an antelope in South Africa with her teacher the pair just use their intuition to track the animal
& at the end of the day as the Sun sets the antelope appears to take a look at the setting Sun. Tracking for animals awakens in humans an intuitive sense which everybody has buried in the unconscious somewhere & I believe this is the true meaning of Gemini the twins. After Taurus having fed ourselves, we need to track & hunt in pairs to catch prey this is Gemini shopping in prehistoric times. This ability to track awakens our ancestral energies which assist in our survival some trackers see lights guiding them to the prey. So that's like the witches of old who would use these gifts to draw their wishes into reality.
My Mars on the MC is also part of a grand cross Sun in the sixth Pluto in the twelve & Jupiter on the third.
In her youtube video, she speaks to a powerful & dangerous black leopard that has already placed his keeper in hospital the leopard has been named diablo & he never left his enclosure. Amongst other things, the Leopard communicates that he is not happy with the name Diablo. So the keeper changes it to Spirit & shortly after this the Leopard calms down & ventures out of his enclosure to the fenced-off field the keeper is overwhelmed at his transformation as a result of Anna's work. Interestingly my Pluto sidereally is in Leo close to Regulus it is almost like Venus is showing how to deal with the negative crossed energy via Anna's communication even renaming (Gemini) the powerful black leopard from Diablo to Spirit. The other side of the Grand cross is the setting Sun. As transiting Venus over natal Mars connects; they tracked an Antelope who surfaces to see the sunset over the horizon. It is good to keep an awareness of what the sky is upto & how it gives us messages in our day to day lifes