2019 certainly is a bumper year for books on fixed stars!

Another book that was published in February 2019 that escaped my attention:

Fixed Star, Sign and Constellation Magic by Christopher Warnock (2019)

From the Amazon description:
In Fixed Star, Sign and Constellation Magic, Christopher Warnock, a noted traditional astrologer and a leading astrological magician, explains the history and practice of the magic of the fixed stars, signs and constellations. Included are original images by the contemporary esoteric artists Robert Place and Nigel Jackson of the 15 key talismanic fixed stars from the descriptions in the original medieval and Renaissance sources. Also included are medieval and Renaissance images of the talismanic constellations and of the 12 Zodiacal signs. These images along with the step by step instructions allow readers to pick astrologically auspicious times and create their own fixed star, sign and constellation talismans. The book also includes appendices with many medieval and Renaissance original sources on the fixed stars, signs and constellations including sections from Cornelius Agrippa's Three Books of Occult Philosophy, Picatrix and the complete Hermes on the 15 Fixed Stars.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

yurly,

that is a really interesting example with eric burdons chart! there is a bio out on him, which i passed onto a good friend who is a huge fan or eb... now, i would like to read it to see how the confusion surrounding algol played out in his life...

james_m wrote:yurly,

that is a really interesting example with eric burdons chart! there is a bio out on him, which i passed onto a good friend who is a huge fan or eb... now, i would like to read it to see how the confusion surrounding algol played out in his life...
James
Thank you, I'm proud that my Mercury is pretty much where is Eric Burdon's on Algol :D
The interesting moment also in his chart is that his Mars ruling 5th house and squares stellium at Algol. Usually Venus, Mercury, Saturn associates with musicians but in his case hard Mars aspects contributed to his achievements.

thanks yurly for the additional insights! i have venus on algol, or thereabouts.. i was fascinated with what binary starts are.. perhaps there are different cycles within cycles and our generalizations fall flat from time to time.. either way eric burdon was a real pioneer in the music world and an inspiration for many.. he was going and participating in the blues before any of the later folks were.. the whole blues rock format - of which i am doing a gig today - has a lot to thank eric burdon for as i see it.. cheers james

james_m wrote:thanks yurly for the additional insights! i have venus on algol, or thereabouts..
By the way my Venus is around 2Taurus and that's suppose to be at another malefic star location nearby(not royal though). Forgot name of that star, just remember that Pamela Anderson has some angle there, IC or MC :D

My Fixed Star Astrology Method

Use only The 64 Mythologically Bright Stars - Bernadette Brady

www.facebook.com/notes/raymond-scott/th ... f=mentions

No use of Ecliptic Longitude - Bernadette Brady, George C. Noonan, Kenneth Bowser

Use Right Ascension Conjunctions -L. Edward Johndro, George C. Noonan, Kenneth Bowser

Use Parans - Bernadette Brady, George C. Noonan, Kenneth Bowser

Solar parans(conjunctions,opposition,and squares) - Bernadette Brady, George C. Noonan, Kenneth Bowser

Luminary/planetary parans (only paran conjunctions) - George C. Noonan

use body motion - Bernadette Brady

use only visible stars from location - Bernadette Brady

Using modern day (midnight to midnight) method for parans - George C. Noonan, Kenneth Bowser

Including Rising, Setting, Culminating, Anticulminating - Bernadette Brady, Kenneth Bowser

1 degree orb for star parans, Right Ascension conjunctions

2 degrees orb for angles

Books that I read about the fixed star methods:

Brady's Book of Fixed Stars by Bernadette Brady

Star and Planet Combinations by Bernadette Brady

Fixed Stars & Judicial Astrology by George C. Noonan

Introduction to Western Sidereal Astrology by Kenneth Bowser

The Stars: How and Where They Influence by L. Edward Johndro

Eric Burdon's chart has IsisTranspluto in 1 degree Leo 18 minutes. So early in his life it would have transited the antiscia of those planets near Algol, such as the antiscion of Venus in 4.5 degrees Leo. IsisTranspluto transiting an "open" Venus in particular would have been very painful. To Mercury it may have adversely affected his ability to learn at school.

His Moon is 15.5 degrees Scorpio, antiscion 14.5 degrees Aquarius, so the transit of IsisTranspluto to his "closed" Moon from around 1967, one degree applying, should have had a very beneficial affect on his life. As his Moon is 45 degrees to his Moons Nodes, this would be influenced by important beneficial contacts, people he met.

The second pair of transits of IsisTranspluto to his Venus, Mercury, Uranus etc from about 1996 when it was 24.5 degrees Leo, one degree applying, should have been positive for the areas that were so painful in his early childhood.

Only Neptune aspects his chart angles. If either of the chart angles was as low as 9 degrees of the mutable signs, it would make more sense as the Moons Nodes and Moon would aspect his chart angles. The Moons nodes aspecting chart angles is an indicator of fame. Maybe he was born a few minutes earlier than the time shown on the Astrodatabank chart, making either the Ascendant or Midheaven 9 degrees of Sagittarius/Virgo?

His Venus, Mercury and Uranus aspect Pluto and also Mars, though Mars and Pluto don't aspect as the orb is too big, but connected through Venus, Mercury and Uranus. Presumably it is this pattern in his chart which gave him his great talent as well as a lot of pain in very early childhood.

I suppose you could add the layer of information that these planets are conjunct Algol, but they tell their tale quite well even without it, and that they are affected by the conjunction of IsisTranspluto and Pluto in the early 1940's, which was the hallmark of the holocaust as well as the second world war, intense energies.

Hello Everyone,

Just to say Oscar Hoffman's new book on fixed stars was published last month. Its entitled: Fixed Stars in the Chart : Constellations, Lunar Mansions and Mythology

I haven't got my copy yet but will be looking forward to reading this work soon.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Edward White wrote:

Lucinda Lancis (I cannot identify this star, even after searching on Google. All I could find was a blog by this name -- can anyone help!)
Hi Edward,

A while ago, I spotted the name "Lucida Lancis (9 45 Scorpio)" at Lilly’s "An Introduction to Nativities" p.616. I too became interested and did some research but failed. Today, I searched again and this time I got results:

Lucida Lancis (Zuben Elgenubi) is commonly known as South Scale (15 Scorpio 05').

http://users.skynet.be/hervaro/page2/As ... cties.html

By the way, the above site is in Dutch so I am using the Bing translation -- "According to V. Robson*: richness and honor, violence, sickness, benefits seldom last. While we are working on the fixed stars...: the prophetic section 10th house, at 7° Leeuw, crashes into the Praesepe cluster: disgrace, ruin, violent death (V. Robson).
Prophetic sun, at 13 Scorpio and in the 5th house of children, joins Pars Fortunae at 14°, but both boxing up against Lucida Lancis (Zuben Elgenubi) at 15°: (with PF:) loss by thieves, soldiers, servants, gambling, speculation, fire and lawsuits; (with Sun:) sickness, loss in business and through fire or speculation, disgrace, ruin, disfavor of superiors, suffers through wrongful accusations, sickness to family (V. Robson). Venus, the sub-ruler of the current Firdar, kisses profection cusp 8 with fears, worries, sorrow."

*In Vivian Robson book, "The Fixed Stars & Constellations in Astrology", it is listed under #92. Scale, South at 13 Scorpio 58' (page 205).

Thanks Mark for info on books found some on scrbd that I will study,As far as stars I can speak off in my experience I have Zosma on my 11 degree Ascendant, gives a strong pull to astrology,when I was 10 years old used my pocket money to buy horoscope magazines which in those days were quite technical,but with my mutable emphasis I needed to know.Just looking at pictures of planets would be a transcendental experience. Zosma is a little too otherworldly to be of practical use especially with 3 planets in Pisces.
Mum had moon on Algol she was only about 5ft tall but I was scared of her,she also had Mars between the bulls horns,Algol gave her so much power she could change the weather like the witches of old.
My MC/Mars parallel Pleiades the star linked to witchcraft.
I have Mars 4 degrees off Aldebaran in the 10th,Mars ruler of 3rd my eldest brother became very successful. I have my Sun/Mercury on Fomalhaut one point of a grand cross, SA Saturn progressed onto it niece gave birth to boy with heart defect needed operation straight after birth everything went well.
Fomalhaut has links with birth defects.
My MC & Mars conjunct Hyades.I have had vision problems from teenage years,