AP - Chart for first attack on Bhagdad

20 Mar 2003

JamesK:

I've included the chart below for the time of the first bombings in Baghdad - 5:30 local time. Let's just hope that Pluto on the midheaven and Saturn on the lower midheaven means that this situation gets to the root of the problem and resolves it once and for all.
[I've pasted it in for you James, the chart wasn't showing - deb]

James

[ This Message was edited by: dhoulding on 2003-03-20 13:07 ]

------------------------

Sue:

Thanks for the chart James. I had a quick look at the chart in relation to the Iraqi natal chart (Iraq Republic, 14th July, 1958, 4am) and there are some interesting and significant transits. These include transiting Uranus opposite Pluto, and transiting Pluto conjunct Saturn and opposite the Moon. Uranus can suggest an outside event as the impetus for transformation. However, Pluto opposing Saturn suggests a great resistance to that change. Pluto opposing the Moon may bring a great deal of emotional pain and turmoil for the people of Iraq. It is obviously a deeply transformative time for them. As painful as it is and as oppossed to the US led invasion as I am, I can't help feeling that this transformation is inevitable and will happen one way or another. I sincerely hope that it is a positive change for the people.

Sue

------------------------------

James:

I think it is significant that this war kicked off with the Uranus ingress into Pisces ? I view that as a real ?shake up? of issues concerning religious fanaticism, such as terrorist situations where they passionately believe that what they?re doing is for the ?good of God?. I think there will be a lot of illusions shattered. It?s interesting, you pointing out that transitting Uranus opposes Iraq?s natal Pluto.

I think this chart shows that Iraq has no defence. If we apply the first house to the initiators of the action, Mercury represents Saddam and it is completely weak, in detriment, fall, combust, in the house of its enemy and about to change signs. On top of that the Moon is applying to the sextile of Saturn on the 4th house cusp (the town beseiged) showing how easily Baghdad will fall (Mercury as 4th ruler also represents Baghdad). I see Pluto on the MC as offering a very targeted and powerful attack against that besieged city. Hopefully it will mean this conflict will be swift and clean-cut. I guess we all have reservations judging war charts whilst the conflict is still in action. A swift end will be merciful for everyone involved. I mainly wanted to post the data so that it?s available for scrutiny in hindsight. Modern communications give us the ability to set up fairly accurate charts for the beginning of ?seiges?, by which those traditional aphorisms ought to stand up to scrutiny.

Regards,
James