I'm sorry to hear about this. He was staying in the same side of the house just down the hall from me in Schmidt's mansion in Cumberland back in 2007. He once gave me a triad of samurai swords, and as was traditional, I gave him a barber dime in return. He will be missed.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC

I might have missed it, but the only other place I've seen mention of this is on Sam Reynolds' Twitter feed - if the report is accurate, what a great loss for the astrological community. Although Mr. Zoller's illness prevented him from carrying on his active work as a teacher, lecturer and mentor, his prominent place in the annals of traditional astrological scholarship is assured.

here is the flakebook post ... thanks...

In Memoriam Robert Zoller

I was very saddened to hear that Robert Zoller had died and wanted to say a few words about him.

I first met Bob in 1998 at a traditional astrology conference organized by Rob Hand in Washington DC. I was immediately struck by his knowledge and expertise and he accepted me as a student. I didn't study astrology with him, but instead we corresponded and he taught me the philosophy and basic knowledge that formed the foundation of my study and practice of astrological magic. Bob asked me not to teach publicly what he taught me, but I do make his teaching available to my students in my Astrological Magic Course because I think it is very valuable and needs to be passed on.

Bob learned astrology at a time when it was very frowned upon, before computer chart software and before the internet. He was the first astrologer to really focus on, learn, practice and teach medieval and Renaissance natal astrology, working from Guido Bonatti's Liber Astronomiae and Morin's Astrologica Gallica. Bob was thus the founder of a contemporary lineage of traditional natal astrologers. Bob had a deep knowledge of traditional philosophy and was always interested in the deeper spiritual meaning that astrology pointed to for him.

While his major public focus was natal astrology, Bob was very interested in magic and in Picatrix in particular. It was through Bob that I was first introduced to Picatrix and it was his partial translations of Picatrix that I first read. This exposure and his private teachings launched me into astrological magic and made it my mission to see Picatrix finally fully translated into English. Bob really gave me the introduction and impetus to do the work I have done in astrological magic and inspired and educated me in my astrological practice as well.

Bob suffered from Parkinson's and had a very difficult personal life as well. His incredible contributions to traditional astrology got only partial recognition during his life. But it is clear to me that Bob was one of the most important astrologers in the traditional astrological revival. I owe a lot to him and was sad to hear of his death.

Christopher Warnock

I was down in London on January 27th listening to a talk by Roy Gillett when Kim Farnell announced the news beforehand. Sad news.

As Roy pointed out this follows the recent loss of other major astrological figures such as Noel Tyl and André Barbault.

Robert Zoller will be remembered as one of the three pioneering figures of the initial Project Hindsight translation project which worked on producing English language translations of ancient and medieval astrological texts . His initial collaborators were of course the late Robert Schmidt and Robert Hand. Many noteable figures in traditional astrology today studied with Robert Zoller and completed his Diploma in Medieval Astrology (e.g. Dr Benjamin Dykes). Robert Zoller he has left us a legacy not just in his translations and wider writings on astrology (e.g. Arabic Parts, Tools and Techniques of Medieval astrologers etc) but in the astrologers who he influenced both by his numerous talks across the world and in the people who studied directly with him.

The UK Astrological Association of the UK have a short tribute page to Robert Zoller. http://www.astrologicalassociation.com/ It has a link to detailed tributes from traditional astrologers like Sharon Knight.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly