Mercury Retrograde Reversals

It is said that anything taking place immediately on the mercury station RX or during the RX will not last and usually it will reverse. The most common examples of this is getting a job and then being fired after mercury goes direct, or getting into a relationship and then breaking up.

In my case someone above me at work escalated a complaint to a person multiple levels above themself (and obviously me). This was done in spite because this person has been struggling at their job and became upset with me because I didn't help them cover up their incompetence.

I've noticed the complaint is being turned on its back now and it seems to be backfiring on this person. Do you all have any Merc RX stories where similar events have occurred?

My experience is that Things begin to go Backwards. And you can't stop them, until the Direct Phase comes.

Take care of yourself as the Combust Phase is coming on Tuesday into Wednesday this week.

The situation can Meltdown !

A bit like Full Moons. If you have two Parties negatively affected then you can see why Stupidity can take over.

H

hey WooWoo,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my post. Can you please clarity two points.

- when you say things go backward, does that mean when merc rx goes direct the person above me will continue to have the upper hand per the same guidelines as when it stationed?

- when you say the upcoming combustion between merc rx and sun might cause meltdown, can you elaborate more on that and why that would happen, and also if you anticipate the same thing when merc goes direct?

Letting things take hold during the Retro Phase needs to be avoided, and the combustion can be a peak moment of despair.

I think things can change for the better once the SD has happened. I'd say try NOT to let things get out of hand.

Yes the direct combustion is also problematic, but less so. The Full Moon around the 5th-11th March needs to be respected too.

I'm NOT sure I have anything more specific but the Retro Phase isn't fun fun fun as it is very hard to shake off once it takes hold.

H

I remember a similar post last year on this and as I said before in the last thread, I almost always start long term jobs during Mercury retro and my current job is going on 3 years. I started 2 other part time jobs that did not have Mercury retro this year and I quit both, one after only one day working there, another after a month. Both had Mercury swift and direct. I started both when the malefics were squaring and on an angle in my chart and both jobs were more trouble than they were worth.

The main issues I have always seen with starting something with Mercury retro is to double check details, plan for miscommunications and delays and trouble with transportation. Again, when I started my current job, my paperwork from the employer was very messed up and led to delays in various things. I double checked details and that minimized issues. I have certainly fixed many serious errors in my job, some having the potential to cause harm to others due to the nature of my work. I have probably saved lives by fixing other people's errors in my current job. Since Mercury has been retrograde it has been highlighted lately and I spent most of today fixing someone else's mistakes at work. When Mercury is retro and in hard aspect to Mars I also expect more hostility from people which may be centered in miscommunications and have seen problems with this many times.

I have started many things that have been beneficial and just fine during Mercury retro but I am always aware of potential pitfalls. Mercury is retrograde frequently. It has its symbolism but it isn't all doom and gloom. It certainly has been a lot kinder to me than some other transits I encounter. I probably wouldn't plan serious travel or sign contracts with it if I had a choice but I would do my best to avoid problems if I had to. One thing I have learned about astrology is that you can overcome challenges with effort, if the matter is worth the effort, that is.

Here is a bad plane crash during Mercury retro but Mercury retro was not really a focal point, it was just adding to the problem:

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 448c3f0b9c

I saw Mercury's movement in horary indicate the illness and death of a dear friend to pneumonia and traditional authors describe the movement of planets as it relates to illness:

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/retrograde.html

https://www.skyscript.co.uk/centiloquium3.html

A retrograde planet in general can indicate a return or a reversal, not just Mercury. If Mercury really did show all the harm people attach to it, we would rarely see anything beneficial happen because it changes direction frequently.

On a whim, I applied for a job opening at a new location because I feel bored in my current role. I have an interview for a full time position on Monday, so Mercury retro strikes again for me. It is supposedly difficult to get an interview at this institution and the interview itself is said to be difficult. I got the interview the day after applying once, which is feat unto itself.

StellarTiggy - my Mercury is almost as swift as it gets and direct. It lords my 3rd and 12th in the 11th. When it is retro, my communications usually pick up. I receive more emails, phone calls and things like interviews and applications are much more likely to occur during these periods and I usually have swift responses rather than having to wait.

I don't think I will accept the job if offered since the pay is probably not good enough and I would lose my pension but the opportunity is nice and I will see what happens.

I also am now receiving notice for back pay on several longstanding issues I was waiting to hear back on. Mercury retro is usually beneficial to me. The only time I typically have a hard time with it is if it is in hard aspect to Mars in transit but I have natal Mercury-Mars conjunct. I normally have issues like disagreements, accidents, etc. Also, when I had an interview/job offer same day for the job I quit after one day, Mercury was direct in Virgo conjunct Mars.

I think I remember talking before about an exam (probably the toughest exam I have ever taken) I had in graduate school where Mercury was essentially bad, retrograde and besieged and the exam scores for the entire class were terrible but I had the top 'A' grade and set the curve.

Tiggy ?

How did things pan out ? There is still the Virgo Full Moon to go though.

If somebody is causing you problems then it is good to find out which Chinese Animal they are !

I can nearly Guarantee you'll have an incompatibility with them.

Let me know.

Pretty well you just need their Year and Month of Birth? But the DOB would be better.

Davaj !

H

Hi WooWoo,

Things still are not clear but they sure did get a lot worse and now there is documentation involved. I'm struggling to understand what's happening and now knowing there is something on paper I don't understand how it can get reversed. But it's also strange because generally communications and writing is ruled by Mercury, you'd think something is bound to change once Mercury goes direct. Plus, Mars is about to conjoin the Jan 10th eclipse point. No idea what to think!!

I should also add that the two people who are engaged in causing my life to go nuts, one has venus in capricorn and the other has mara in cancer approximately within minutes of eachother. Meaning the eclipse would be impacting them both and mars is applying. I don't know what to think. I have nothing at 19 cancer or capricorn. Since this is happening at work I should mention my MC is in cancer.
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.