Venus in the 7th house revisited

Hi All,

One thing I've never been able to really figure out is Venus in the 7th or conj. desc. in a love horary. In the past I've found it to mean the quesited has a girlfriend or sometimes a few people he is seeing (if the querent is female and Venus is not the Asc. ruler).

This makes sense to me but I've also wondered if it might mean a few other things. Sometimes, Venus can be ruler of some other house and as an example a horary I recently created was to find out how a man feels about me. Then, when I drew the horary I found Venus in Gemini in the 7th house ruling the quesited's 5th house, so it was the radical 11th and turned 5th house ruler in the 7th. He does have kids, and with the health situation in the world I began to wonder if it may mean his kids are staying with him.

Alternatively, I've read horaries for myself and others where I found the significator of something coming to the querent or quesited. For example, one time I asked whether I'd speak to my superior at work and I found ruler of the 10th in the 1st. It was just minutes after that horary that I found her email accepting my invitation. In this sense could it be someone else interested in him, and that person's presence is being shown (Venus coming to the 7th), but we'd need an aspect between R7th and Venus to show his own interest?

Really hard to tell sometimes. Would be nice to hear some other opinions.

Thanks!

Hi StellarTiggy,

Do you think Gemini describes his children well? I encourage you to think about this because Lilly considered appropriate signs of significance. One example is "Fish Stolen", where many signs were watery, describing both the fish and the thief (who lived near water!)

Gemini is a double-bodied sign. I noticed you said "kids". Are his children talkative, or prankish, or very young, or, since Venus is weak in Gemini, not so strong (or good) in some manner?

And is venus frustrating your aspect? If not, I won't bet on a love rival.

Amelia
Last edited by AmeliaS on Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Frawley in Horary Textbook said something against bringing love rivals into horary unless there is strong evidence (conjunction with quesited, for example). His advice is to keep the cast small, because we aren't "writing a soap opera", haha. I fully respected when you said you've seen quesited seeing people when another planet is present in the 7th. In my very limited experience, it could serve as additional info that describes the quesited himself: age, character, appearance, etc. Food for thought. Good luck!

Here's William Lilly to back this up: our great Lilly, once deciding if he should buy a house from someone, assigned a planet in H7 instead of L7 to the guy. (Lilly did look at L7, too, but in a passing manner.)

(That case is called "If I should purchase Master B. his houses?")

I'd hesitate to try this at home... prioritising a planet in a house over a Lord. But yea, to answer your question, it doesn't necessarily mean a rival! :D

ameliaastrology wrote:... our great Lilly, once deciding if he should buy a house from someone, assigned a planet in H7 instead of L7 to the guy. (Lilly did look at L7, too, but in a passing manner.)

(That case is called "If I should purchase Master B. his houses?")
Thanks for mentioning this chart — I'd forgotten what a wild ride that was. 8)

I believe Lilly used the sun for Mr. B because it is the almuten of the 7th house, exalted and angular, which much better describes Mr. B than the retro, succeedent Mars. I don't know if Lilly always used the almuten, when available, but it clearly worked in this case.

Deb has something to say on almutens www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/almuten.html
When to use the almuten instead of the sign ruler, as a significator?
I didn't find astrological literature references for this question. But, the astrological logic tells me that the house almutens should be always used instead of merely sign rulers. Surely, this isn't easy, as it requires calculations to determine the correct almuten for each house.

Another way to determine which significator to use, the almuten or the sign ruler, is to actually evaluate which one is more fit to represent that person/event/situation. For instance, in the horary chart set for this question Was September 11 staged by the US Government? the 10th house cusp at 21 Libra offers two possibilities: the sign ruler, Venus or the almuten, Saturn. The choice is easy to make: Saturn is much more fit to represent a government, so we go for the house almuten, as the significator.
Blessings!

Thank you, Ouranos. I enjoyed the read!

I just recently came across a chart where L1 applied a trine to L7 and the moon applied a trine to the almuten (it's the sun). I kind of suspected that it worked the way you and Meritra suggested. Glad to know I wasn't all wrong.

And yes both aspects perfected. What a pleasant chart to read.

Amelia