Transit Neptune Conjunct MC

Hello,

Over the years, I have seen a lot of people with uncertainty in their career/life goals during a transit Neptune conjunct MC period and mine is now within an orb of less than 10 degrees and I have been already seeing its effects. Those of you with experience in understanding this aspect, do you warn against major changes or do you think a change can be good if for the right reasons?

I definitely have begun to think much less about money and more about personal fulfillment but as someone who has struggled financially in the past, there is a tug and pull here.

Does anyone who has gone through this personally or with a person whose chart you were reading remember the transit and have any feedback?

Thanks!

Hi Tanit,

Wow 10 degrees is a big orb for an outer! Couldn't this be explained by something else astrologically?

I tend to work on the ancient aspect doctrine of ''3 degrees of application'' and its worked well for me for me with outers although I accept with the energy of Neptune being so fuzzy and nebulous you could argue its much less crisp than that.

I have actually had all the planets over the MC in my time including the three outers.

The transit of Neptune to my MC was not long after I got my very first professional job several decades ago. It ended up in an acrimonious dismissal and employment dispute only a few months down the line as they accused me of dishonesty which I felt was deeply unfair and unwarranted. Probably if I had just decided to move on quickly and find another job I could have left the whole sorry mess behind me. But I ended up trying to take my complaint further and it dragged on for months and months. I eventually discovered n my Union representative was in cohouts with the Employer. It took quite a drain on my self confidence. I recall attending a workshop with Noel Tyl where he described Neptune on the MC as 'ego wipe out' That certainly fits my experience. And I effectively spent a long period out of work.

I should say my ASC ruler (Venus) and my 2nd house house ruler (Mercury) are within 1-2 degrees of my MC so that may explain why my experience was so traumatic with this transit.

On a positive note I did use this period for spiritual practice and attended Buddhist meditation retreats. When Neptune finally, came round for a second much shorter contact with my MC it seemed to more reflect a an important journey abroad to Thailand where I spent quite a while exploring the country and honouring a spiritual teacher.

Before the second exact transit of Neptune on my MC I had a Uranus transit on my MC. This brought an end to this protracted phase of unemployment and took me into a much more fulfilling cycle in my life when I moved to London.

I don't want to sugar coat this. The two most difficult employment phases of my life when I was out of work for protracted periods coincided with first the Neptune and then Pluto transits over my MC.

Having absorbed so much traditional astrology I was a bit sceptical about the power of the outers by transit in nativities (not least because Pluto is so often way outside the ecliptic). I remember, stating that if nothing happened with Pluto over my MC I would drop it from my charts. But of course that 2 year period it was over my MC was like a genuine trip to hades. The latter also coincided with caring for my father and his death. Apart from unemployment I suffered from serious depression for the first time in my life and went into to counselling. I don't have any doubt about the outers now as I have 'been there' experientally!

I have also found the outers invaluable to exploring historical events.

I cant help wearing my mundane astrology hat here too though. In the current gloomy economic climate I urge everyone to be extremely cautious about taking any risks in regards changing jobs. We all need to give serious thought to job security over the next few years. This isn't really a time to 'follow your dream' but rather just look to economically survive. I would compare the next 2-3 years as nothing less than hunkering down for an impending storm. What we are seeing just now is only the beginning of a much deeper financial crisis. Having said all that I guess some types of worker/skills are always in higher demand and may be more required in the current period.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Thanks for the helpful words of advice and experience, Mark.

There is something about an angular Neptune transit in general, I think. I remember when Neptune was angular in my 7th and that was a difficult period of my childhood where I was homeless but also when I formed a lot of important ideas about life, so I have been worrying about the significance of this pending aspect. My MC is 27 degrees 22 arc secs Pisces, so it is about 8 degrees away right now. I keep thinking about teaching as a profession after I gave a research presentation that was a bit like a lecture recently and received a lot of feedback about how I would make a good professor. When I gave the talk I felt energized. I have natal Mercury conjunct Chiron trine Saturn stationary in the 3rd and communication has always been tough for me but I feel like with age I have become more like a beacon of knowledge about my areas of interest/expertise.

You are right that with the economy being in a scary place right now and in the foreseeable future it puts an extra emphasis on such a transit and I should prepare for the fact that I will probably either have economic uncertainty myself (hopefully unlikely since I work in the frontline) or end up taking care of others such as what you did with your father. I have natal Moon lording my chart in Sag conjunct Neptune in the 6th and square transit Neptune so that may be part of why I keep feeling a tug to change my career already. I have so much experience with what Neptune can do with false ideas of things that seem great but end up being wrong due to the fact that it is all over my chart, so I tend to distrust it.

I hadn't thought about legal battles at work but I will be careful not to stir up any trouble during this transit.

Thanks again for the case study.

I agree with Mark. I see a 10 degree orb as way too big to mean anything.

When Neptune crossed my IC I was in my teens at school, and did well at exams, which I ascribe to this Neptune transit.

When Neptune actually is within one degree orb of the MC/IC axis, its effects would depend on a lot of variables like the individual person's chart, whether the MC/IC axis is natally open or closed, ie aspecting the Moon or Moons Nodes within one degree, though even then there are patterns that change it. Also what else is transiting along with Neptune.

Let's ignore orbs and focus on the subject, please. As I said in my initial post, the orb is less than ten degrees. It is currently somewhere around 7 or 8 degrees (I have not looked at Neptune lately but somewhere around that number). As I said in my second post it also is a co-lord of my 10th and is squaring my natal Neptune in the 6th, which is a tight orb last I checked. That might be early indications. In any case, I often disagree about orb influences and this wasn't a question of orbs but of the general influence. I should have omitted the orb in my question to avoid this. I have not felt so confused and directionless in my current career before and having spoken to people who have gone through this transit over the past 10 years, what I am feeling now is similar to what they described to me.

This transit is deemed significant enough by most modern astrologers to have a general discussion of what its effects have shown on its own. After a Saturn return, it is the transit I see most where people are having a hard time with life. I can remember quite a few people who came to horary over the span of a decade (since I have been reading horary charts) in various forums that were at wit's end during this transit in hopes of answers. I can personally vouch for it being a very confusing and frustrating time in a lot of people's charts, regardless of what other influences were going on. In fact, I remember someone in this forum who was going into every forum trying to get some answers from someone, he was unemployed for several years before changing his career to travel sales, or possibly something else after that.

I remember transiting Neptune square my natal Sun shortly after recession layoffs around 2009-2011. And Sun is ruling my MC, so similar things happened.
Professionally that was shortage of architectural jobs, so I was working as landscape designer instead for lower wages.
Also psychologically I became jealous with my wife's past sexual life without apparent reason, kind of like "suffering from an extreme jealousy disorder known as retroactive jealousy..."
But you know what, that instead intensified our sexual life, was for two years like second honeymoon... :brows
Maybe that because Sun in 8th house location.

hey tanit,

i think you are reading it all correctly and as you note - t neptune is also in a close square to your natal neptune, so neptune vibes are looming large here and will increase with regard to t neptunes movement towards your midheaven... i can see you as a teacher.. i think you do a very good job on skyscript in this regard in a very natural way.. jupiter rising and ruling the 9th and midheaven degree works in all this too.. as mark notes - the transit of neptune to midheaven is not an easy transit.. i will never experience this transit in my lifetime, but i have had neptune on the ascendant - worked well for late 60's - early 70's drug culture and etc when i was growing up, but in retrospect maybe it wasn't all that great a trip! and i have had neptune transit opposite the midheaven which altered some of the long term dynamic with my family - one family member in particular..

you'll have to take it a day, or month at a time and move forward as best you can - which is probably what you are doing anyway! thanks for sharing..

hey mark!

thanks for sharing.. i am sorry to hear of all the challenges you've been thru.. a real warrior and survivor by the sounds of it.. i am curious if you'd like to comment more on what you have shared in your post which i quote below.. thanks - james
Mark wrote: I urge everyone to be extremely cautious about taking any risks in regards changing jobs. We all need to give serious thought to job security over the next few years. This isn't really a time to 'follow your dream' but rather just look to economically survive. I would compare the next 2-3 years as nothing less than hunkering down for an impending storm. What we are seeing just now is only the beginning of a much deeper financial crisis. Having said all that I guess some types of worker/skills are always in higher demand and may be more required in the current period.

Mark

Hi Tan,

If you are concerned about Harm then I think you need to take Stock now of your Public Image.

Your Place in the World. You Career Standing and how Others see you. Try to define that.

Neptune is going to weaken the Boundaries of those. Defuse them. So perhaps put your Focus into the most important ones for you.

Take Stock now. Quantify.

Also I always recommend people that they go towards a Force like this ... Work with it.

With in reason Embrace it ....

Get on into the Mountains ... Go Wild ...

Let "The Great Spirit" talk to you.

For a God will be visiting you.

:?

H

When transit Neptune squared my natal Neptune, my partner and I had to move out from our rented apartment of 10 years.

We were quite comfortable living in one bedroom (with kitchen, living room, bath and shower, walkin closet and hallway), the building had 30 units. Considering the location (one of San Francisco's popular neighborhoods with nice warm weather), our rent was very cheap, and rent-controlled.

Over the years we had two different landlords and we maintained very good relationships with them, especially with the 2nd landlord, and he was quite sad to hear we were leaving -- he said he didn't mind that we paid lower rent than others because we kept the place neat and took good care of many potted flowers around the building. I think over the half of his tenants were new and they paid a fortune! (Several months later, we received a wedding invitation for the wedding of his grandson ... he really liked us).

So why did we move? After our old neighbor died, a new tenant moved into the unit right underneath us. At first, I thought whoever moved into the apartment was an ideal neighbor; the place was super quiet; rather unusually so. Frequently, I noticed somebody going out with a motorcycle but returning soon after... I really got curious. So one day I reached out from our kitchen window to see the downstairs bedroom. There were no curtains. The room was empty.

Later, someone in the building told me that they are a professional drug dealer group. Furthermore, I found out that they come in the morning, leave at night, using the apartment as their business office. After that, a few more residents became aware that unsavory looking people started to hang around the outside of our building, etc., etc...

So, when I reported this to my in-law, she got freaked out!! And that was that. She put so much pressure on us, we decided to move out. I suppose this is one of many drug-related stories involving Neptune. Plus my natal Neptune is in 4th house -- that clinches it, right? (by the way, I don't smoke nor drink, let alone use "recreational" drugs).

PoF - thanks for sharing your Neptune-Neptune square experience. Neptune in the 4th must be interesting at times. The 4th also deals a bit with the occult, IMO. When I first was reading what you were saying about your neighbor I almost expected the punchline to be that they were a ghost. It might be that I will end up moving during this transit too and if I do it would be across country for the first time but I haven't decided yet about that. It wouldn't be until fall of 2021 if it happens and that would be about 4 degrees from my MC.

Neptune can definitely bring in influences of criminal behavior around you. I saw that during my 7th house transit.

Did you notice an increase in intuition or interest in the occult, such as astrology, etc.? I had an astrologer before who told me it was best for me to avoid divination during difficult Neptune transits because I might be lead astray (since it is so heavy in my chart). In the past that has more so been due to bad advice from others though during those transits. I think my intuition in general has been pretty good still in spite of the transit so far.

So far it has not been an enjoyable influence. I feel like I am going through the motions and floating through life half awake these days even though my life is unchanged by the pandemic for the most part. But I guess most of us are experiencing something difficult right now.

Tanit3333 wrote:PoF - thanks for sharing your Neptune-Neptune square experience. Neptune in the 4th must be interesting at times. The 4th also deals a bit with the occult, IMO. When I first was reading what you were saying about your neighbor I almost expected the punchline to be that they were a ghost. It might be that I will end up moving during this transit too and if I do it would be across country for the first time but I haven't decided yet about that. It wouldn't be until fall of 2021 if it happens and that would be about 4 degrees from my MC.

Neptune can definitely bring in influences of criminal behavior around you. I saw that during my 7th house transit.

Did you notice an increase in intuition or interest in the occult, such as astrology, etc.? I had an astrologer before who told me it was best for me to avoid divination during difficult Neptune transits because I might be lead astray (since it is so heavy in my chart). In the past that has more so been due to bad advice from others though during those transits. I think my intuition in general has been pretty good still in spite of the transit so far.

So far it has not been an enjoyable influence. I feel like I am going through the motions and floating through life half awake these days even though my life is unchanged by the pandemic for the most part. But I guess most of us are experiencing something difficult right now.
Me too, these drug dealers are strangers and Neptune’s attack came from my 7th house. The pressure from the in-law (4th house) to move out immediately from the apartment was such a drag at the time, but in the long run it was a good thing we followed her advice.

The 4th also deals a bit with the occult, IMO. When I first was reading what you were saying about your neighbor I almost expected the punchline to be that they were a ghost.
Sorry, no ghost here; though, Alan Leo mentioned in one of his books that those with Neptune in 4th might live in a haunted house at the end of their life (I like that Victorian Romanticism), so there could still be a chance. Actually, two places I lived in the past were located within 5-6 blocks of large cemeteries.

Alan Leo also mentioned that those with Neptune in 4th will live near water. This is true. I always lived near water (2 rivers, 2 oceans) and once our apartment was in the same block with a big public swimming pool.
Did you notice an increase in intuition or interest in the occult, such as astrology, etc.?
I wasn’t doing astrology at the time and I don’t recall any involvement with occult matters. I was always interested in various art fields because my MC is the degree of Venus exaltation (Pisces at 26* 53') and that combines with my Moon (at MC) sextile Venus.

My interest in astrology started when transit Neptune first applied to my natal Mercury. I have Mercury sextile to Jupiter in 9th. Also, my Jupiter is trine ASC. and Uranus. Therefore, transiting Neptune really activated my interest in astrology.

My MC, I thought, was influenced much more by the Moon (because of conjunction) and Jupiter (in Pisces) rather than transiting Neptune. I guess I don’t know Neptune well -- this time I better pay more attention.

Check where your Neptune resides in the natal chart as the transit will bring this area into focus. My Neptune natally in the third house but transits my 7th house as the transit hit the Mars /Saturn midpoint, the neighbors started extending their house & eventually had to move out ran into financial trouble [my Neptune in Scorpio in the third], the house left abandoned no windows in. Local louts found it a refuge to drink alcohol at night the wind would cause the doors to bang all night, it is now an abandoned wreck of a house. The seventh house focus in that I had a party wall agreement with them but it has run out of date as it was not completed in the specified time.
An interesting aside about Neptune is when the patent for the first plastic bag was made by scientists claiming it will help with peoples day to day shopping Neptune was in the early degrees of Virgo when Attenborough highlighted the damaging effects of plastic in our oceans /microplastics ending up in our bodies to the detriment of our health Neptune was in the same degree but in the opposite sign of Pisces.
When the first flu vaccine was produced Neptune was at 18 degrees of Virgo
It is now opposite that degree with concern mounting about Mr. Gates's agenda in forcing a vaccine for the Corvid virus on the world population & people's concerns with the hidden health costs of vaccines in general.