Solar Arcs and Converse Solar Arcs meeting at Midpoints?

A lot of astrologers use midpoints. I haven't noticed anything with them, but I am now wondering if they have an effect through the meeting point of the Solar Arc of one of the planets or angles and the Converse Solar Arc of the other? So if somebody has a planet say sixty degrees from the IC, then the midpoint is thirty degrees from both, and the Solar Arc of the planet will meet the Converse Solar Arc of the IC around age thirty.

I have no idea if this has a name or if any astrologers use it?

fleur,

to my knowledge no one is doing what you describe... essentially you are mixing direct and converse solar arc data... not even isaac starkman does this and he does pretty well everything else! one either uses direct or converse data no matter what the system or technique being used... it is like combining converse transits with direct transits.. no one does it!!

but to go back to your example - yes, the direct ara of a planet in the 2nd at 60 the ic ( all hypothetical here with locations flattened out to fit your example) would hit the point 30 degrees forward, while the converse solar arc of the ic would hit the same spot... yes... but this is not how midpoints are used, however the spot you refer to is the midpoint of the one planet with the ic....

perhaps the 2 most important midpoints according to people into midpoints are the sun-moon midpoint and the ascendant- midheaven midpoint... these points can be aspected from another angle or planet at hard angles and is said to still bring on the combination of the 2 planets or angles in a unique way thru the passing of the planet or angle at the midpoint.. good luck working it out!