phd supervisor

Hello, everybody!
When Mercury cazimi appears in a chart that does not belong to significators (Sun-Mars) can weight towards a yes answer?
My chart comes as feedback to an older post "excellence" concerning phd supervisor!!!!!!!!
Yes, 4 years after this post: it took 4 years of perseverence, searching for a better "phd context" and trying to cope with -finally unsuccessfully - my advisor, I have now located a supervisor who fulfills my criteria. So I erected this chart, asking: will this phd with this certain supervisor be successfully completed?
https://i.postimg.cc/R00TXrLs/supervisor.png
In the beginning, it seemed to me promising.
I am Sun in 11th he is Mars in my 8th. There is an separating square between them. Venus (phd final, oral examination/or career) conjuncts Mars. Mercury (ruler of 11th, profit from professor career) is cazimi in me although peregrine:
But there is an ominous implication my weak moon opposes Mc.
Any suggestion?

Hi Aelia,

The major significator for your academic success is Lord 9. You can see William Lilly's "Philosopher's Stone" chart by following this link. That is basically the same question as yours. A PhD written under anyone's supervision is still a PhD.

There are quite a few things to like about this chart. Moon and Venus a benific are angular. Moon has just come out of the via combusta - from your description, I take it to mean the worst has passed. Lord 9 Mars is strong by house. What's not to like are Moon in fall and Mars accidentally debilitated in House 8. Venus is peregrine. And the square between your sun and Lord 9 is separating.

However, there is also mutual reception by exaltation and triplicity (and fall) between Lord 1 and Lord 9. William Lilly would say mutual reception (including that by triplicity/term/face, any one of them) can bring the matter to pass suddenly and to the content of both parties. Of course, the planets themselves have to have some strength.

I would not think this PhD is a breeze to pursue but I would go for it, if I want it enough. I think the chart indicates that something can be achieved.

Since House 9 is taken as your degree, I would give Lord 10 Venus to your supervisor, who has no essential dignity but powerfully placed in the 10th house, as a benefic.

The cazimi in House 11 I think concerns your stipend and more importantly the guidance your supervisor gives you. Mercury is also the natural significator of all forms of communication. It might be worth noting that some astrologers, including Bonatti, defines a cazimi as when there are only 16 minutes between Sun and the planet in question "by longitude and by latitude" ("which rarely happens", says Bonatti). Most chart-drawing tools only show longitude but not latitude. A cazimi would of course mean Mercury is greatly strengthened, echoing the strong Mars, your higher knowledge.

(Bonatti. Book of Astronomy. Trans. Benjamin Dykes. Cazimi Press, 2007. Page 211)

The applying Venus/Mars is a bit deceptive because they never get to perfect in the current signs.

I doubt if House 11 represents the income from a professorship. It's a bit jumping the gun for me. Your question concerns the PhD and even the PhD hasn't yet started. A professorship most likely won't happen for another 3-5 years and is out of the purview of this horary chart.

Moon's next aspect is a sextile with Jupiter. Jupiter is a benefic, but her being in a bad shape ruling House 8 near Cusp 6 makes me worry a bit.

Good luck.

Amelia

Thank you Amelia!
Your clear sight makes me see lot of things.
In my oldest threads, I referred to problems of procrastrination, compulsive perfectionism, feelings that my papers ''weren't good enough''.
I suppose Jupiter retrograde, ruler of my 5th and 8th houses, therefore representing my ambivalence towards writing process (feelings of joy of creativity and/or of intimate fears -suffering for my papers' quality) will again play out on the matter: an imminent threat of getting sick :-sk (cusp of 6th).

Plus Jupiter acts out a peculiar collection of light (I don't know, I need some clarifications on that) between Sun and Mars :-?: Jupiter is separating from Mars (sextile 8 orbs) and after that is applying by opposition (14 degrees) to Sun, which is sth bad, I guess :( .

Also Moon is ruler of my 12th (spiritual, emotional incompetences?) and being on the cusp of my fourth house shows issues of home. Actually, I am thinking of relocation near the peacefulneess of nature for writing, as my present home gives me really hard times in writing. So I can figure out why Moon opposes Mc.

Another ominous element: Moon is on South Scales and Venus on Hyades
:(

Any correction/observation is welcomed!
aelia

Hello Aelia,

First, I agree with Amelia that we should concentrate on the 1st and 9th in this matter.
And there is a strong connection between both.
- MarsL9, own sign and Face shows the value of the goal.
- Mars in the Exaltation and Triplicity of the SunL1.
In his book Astrologia Gallica XXI, Rule 76, Morin de Villefranche says that
"By its Rulership a Planet indicates stability and permanence; by its Exaltation, sudden and noteworthy changes; by Triplicity, combinations and associations" which are all here.

What I am questioning is your desire to follow through.
- Moon co-ruler(Fall) and ruled by Mars conjunct Serpentis 19 Scorpio, a degree of the nature of Mars/Saturn.
- SunL1 in the Fall of Mars in 8th of crisis, hidden matters, anguish of mind and fears
On the plus side, the Sun in 11th (your Supervisor) of which Deb says:
"Traditionally known as the 'house of Good Fortune', the 11th house has rulership over supporters, benefactors and those that help us directly or behind the scenes. It is the house of beneficial fate, positive hope, trust, praise, comfort, goals and ambitions. In modern astrology it is said to rule those who share our aims."
The SunL1 separating from MarsL9 suggests that there had been attempts to reach the desired outcome with your former Supervisor but without success, and the matter looked lost. But Mercury (strong by Cazimi) translates the light and thus symbolizes a perfection of the matter. But it will not be easy, lots of hiccups with the mutual square application, potentially litigations over the cost and resources required (Mars in 8th and MercuryL2).

Wishing you all the best,
Ouranos
Blessings!

phd supervisor

Thank you for your insightful analysis, Ouranos!
There is indeed an issue of resources -on the top of all other stressfull concerns of mine regarding this restart and as I can figure out there isn't indication of any fellowship in this chart/ or job opportunity...
Or, could Jupiter's collection of light (this is a question) imply such a factor, perhaps, or what else?
Anyway, I feel there is a heavy destiny in my goals, and that the point is to outwin me demons... :???:

I appreciate your kind words of encouragement, Ouranos and Amelia:) !
Aelia
aelia

Jupiter (Fall and R) on the cusp of the 6th is not a good omen for scholarship or work even by sextile.
Or even, help coming from family (Moon in Fall from the 4th)

By the way, Indian astrology says the 6th House rules scholarship as it is the 12th (loss) from the 7th (Institution). Have not verified it myself but Jupiter in Capricorn points to a minimal resource if any.

It is all coming from you - MercuryR L2 - Cazimi conjunct SunL1

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Update:
Moon's last aspect will be a sextile to SaturnR own sign L6 - 29th Degree moving back to Capricorn.
Tip:
- Look for an older or experienced person to help out.
- Put yourself on a last minute change list
- Search for the last spot, someone desisting from his enrolment.
Blessings!

Phd supervisor

Moon's last aspect with this Saturn R sounds like Deus ex machina...
The peculiar with all this is that the new supervisor is already 82 years old and is more than authority in my faculty, BUT my former supervisor has just desisted from his enrollment!! To get help from him sounds rather strange...
Of course, there are another couple of former wise mentors that could be such a person...
I do not understand what do you mean by "put yourself on a last minute change list" or "search for the last spot...". Could you clarify this to me, please?

P.S. Ourane, I do not mean to overuse your kindness!
Aelia
aelia

My pleasure to answer your questions Aelia.
Last minute change or desistment meant more like searching a 'spot' for yourself, like an opening for a job or subsidy in your field of work, even part-time to start up with.
You might want to inquire, not from your former supervisor but someone else, what happens when someone leaves and if you can be helpful in any way.

Cheers!
Ouranos
Blessings!

I'm not sure if Jupiter collects because as I understand it, both faster planets have to be applying to the slower planet.

Moon is opposite MC, but first and foremost I would consider it angular in the 4th.
The Moon's placement sometimes indicates where the real problem of the matter lies. Perhaps it reflects your observation that your current living condition won't be very helpful. As said, yours is in essence a pursuit of higher knowledge, and so I believe House 9 claims major significance, not MC.

Amelia