Volunteer Board of Directors

Hi all;

I'm new to this site. I have an inquiry about a chart about a volunteer Board position where L1 is granted an interview. This is for a non-profit/ charity. Immediately I noticed that the degree is late but when I checked the ruling hour it matched Jupiter so I am proceeding to analyze it.

This is a volunteer job having to do with a non-profit. Given that L1 and L10 are both ruled by Jupiter, I have two choices.

1. Keep the moon as L1 signifier and keep L10 as Jupiter. In this case, there is no aspect. The problem is keeping Jupiter as L10 doesn't really make sense to me. The organization isn't in detriment or weak.

2. If I keep L1 as Jupiter; with co-ruler the moon, and I've seen in some theory mars as well, and make the volunteer job L11, which is ruled by Saturn. This makes more sense to me, as L11 rules charity and recognition and this is volunteer work. In this case, L1 co-sig the moon is making an aspect to Saturn. The aspect is positive a beautiful trine, but the mutual reception is not. Saturn receives the moon by both triplicity and detriment, I'm assuming that detriment always takes precedence. The other insight I found is that there is a transfer of light from Jupiter to Saturn, through the moon.

I am also mindful of mars being in the first house is not a positive sign.

Jupiter representing L1 makes sense as she's a lot younger and more junior compared to the current board members. This application was a stretch.

The moon is separating from a square aspect to the sun.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Chart #1 is the event chart for the interview, L1 is Saturn.
Chart #2 is the horary chart asking the question, "Do I have a fighting chance to land this position. aka; am I going to get it.

Thank you.

WJ
Thank you!
WJ

Can you comment about why the important planets might be retro? Is this person re-applying or is this their first time?

Has this person repeated this question regarding the late ascendant or sought another reader? I would interpret with caution.

I had a similar job horary last month and the retro movement showed me backing away from the position and being very undecided about it. I still feel undecided. I think the retro movement is likely most important in how things transpire. I say planets because Saturn is supposed to be collecting light here. I think Saturn is presenting itself as a significator for the position since it fits some of the things you described.

You asked about Moon-Sun squares. Moon-Sun squares are considered difficult and can show something such as an internal struggle over wants versus needs. This is coming from the 2nd house of finances to the 6th house of services to others. The Moon is again with Algol like the relationship chart another person posted. Traditionally, the luminaries in hard aspect was considered a negative placement. You also have Moon w/ Algol, a late ASC and a retro and in fall querent.

I would be surprised this position works out well for the querent but I don't have time to go into great detail about all of the symbolism so hopefully others can help contribute.

Also, Jupiter as a significator does not usually lord young people. Jupiter is one of the superiors and as a planet generally suggests experience but a planet in fall can be poorly qualified or simply not want a position. This might have nothing to do with age though.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.

I'm not sure why the the ascendent is late. I haven't asked the question before and I didn't submit it to anyone else. This is the first time I'm applying to the board. I have watched it for a year, but I have never submit my application.

That said, I'm feeling upset and used about in general. A current board member I connected with essentially told me that I don't have a fighting chance because of my age and seniority. She said straight to me that it would likely take multiple tries to even get an interview. I fit all the qualifications, I am VP of one of the biggest boards in my city but they are elitist and it's making me just frustrated and sad. I feel discouraged even though I know that I would be amazing addition to the team and bring forth fresh ideas. I also need more positions like this for my graduate school applications. I feel used because of my background. I'm Black and so I meet the interview quota or them saying that they had a diverse pool of candidates but not necessarily being chosen.

I definitely am on the young side. The youngest board member is a decade older than I am. This was also shared with me on the call.

They also seem to have responded to me late about my interview, it makes me think the they are only interviewing me for show or to meet their quota. They sent me a note apologizing for the lateness. But I don't know if that was extended to all applicants.

I'm surprised that they aspect is so positive though in the horary chart. How can that be? I'm referencing the moon aspect but also the transfer of light?
Thank you!
WJ

Regarding positives, retro planets can show reversals in horary so they can also reverse a positive. Most of the time they would suggest the querent is undecided though, in my experience. They can go back and forth on an issue. Also, Mars angular square Saturn is possibly one of the most difficult energies you can encounter in a chart and I think represents well what you have described with the conflict over the leadership. It suggests great resistance against your efforts. However, I do know it shows ambition and fighting energy, which can possibly overcome the negatives being shown too. I am not sure if this endeavor is worth the effort though. Consider too that Mars receives Saturn but Saturn does not receive back - that brings negative energy onto Mars. Good luck, however it turns out. I am curious to see how the retro planets play out.

Lilly's aphorisms:
A Retrograde Planet, or one in his first station, Significator in Question, denotes ill in the Question, discord and much contradiction.

It's more than anything that I'm livid and I feel like they are wasting my time by interviewing me knowing that they don't take my candidacy seriously. That they are incredibly elitist and discriminatory and so now, my instincts, even before casting the chart, told me that they are treating me like a token to prove that their recruiting process isn't racist and ageist. I am resentful and now I'm stuck in a position where I don't have a good enough reason to pull out of the interview, so I have to waste my time prepping knowing that the panel is people I will likely come across in the future and I would have much preferred that they decline me instead of wasting my time. I'm pissed. I feel stuck and that's what prompted me to cast the chart in the first place :(
Thank you!
WJ

Yes, any planets in the 1st co-rule you. As I said, Mars in Aries shows you as ambitious and a fighter, especially square Saturn. I have had Mars in Aries in the first in a job horary recently for a leadership position and I was offered the role but turned it down. However, mine was not square Saturn unreceived. I have Mars in Aries in the 10th in natal. Do you have Mars strong in your chart too?

Thanks for your help. I do have mars in my natal. It's sitting in my 10th house and aspecting my 11th house cusp. It's also in scorpio, so domicile and comfortable.

I noticed that you referenced second house of finance, but this isn't a paid position. That said, I'm legally bound under fiduciary responsibility. I assumed this would not change the house even though it's a volunteering role.
Thank you!
WJ

Interview Complete

Okay, so more and more it's making sense now. Just finished the interview and in the chart they are represented by Saturn, extremely restrictive and "Debby Downer" but also heavily concerned with boundaries. I definitely think they see me OUT of the boundaries of what's acceptable. I'm much younger, willing to speak openly about the challenges around boards. They aren't willing to change though. Not anytime soon. I strongly believe they see me as a threat and a millennial radical rebel.

Just wanted to update you on the situation. There is no way I possibly got it. They were so elitist and unimpressed and just self absorbed tbh. And this is the problem with these spaces, they genuinely believe that they are on the right side of history when they are perpetuating some major offences.
Thank you!
WJ

I am curious how it will turn out. Mars is very strong here. I have had a lot of leadership opportunities with this transit. Interesting that you are also a strong Mars in the 10th. Horary can be quite specific. In my case, I turned down offers so if they say no I would attribute it to the Mars-Saturn square without reception, since Bonatti says squares require great effort even with reception. Without reception, he would say it requires vehement demand by the querent. I don't know how that could be done, other than gaining some sort of support from others who could help you demand the position.

Hey all, update that there is absolutely NO update lol they told me that I would hear back early September. So disrespectful but based on what I've shared already. We are NOT surprised.
Thank you!
WJ