The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Moons of other planets in astrology?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Sternbach

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruiser1 wrote:
La Jupiter wrote:
Each planet and its moon(s) comprises a single entity with a singular astrological influence here on earth.
Michael Sternbach wrote:
A planet's moons broadcast and modulate its influence. They will not so much alter its basic effect as put their own spin on it.

Indeed, both of these views are valid! Very Happy A planet is like a person, a single entity. That's why planetary moons aren't just plopped into a wheel chart like other planets or asteroids, but rather are used to indicate which parts of the planet receive emphasis, and in what manners.

Similarly, planets (like people) are composed of different elements integrated together. A person has different parts of their body, and their chakra centers. Similarly, a planet has moons orbiting within its "aura" like chakras in its body, just as the Sun has planets orbiting it like chakras in its body.

Nice analogy, Cruiser1! Very Happy

Quote:
Jupiter can be interpreted by itself in sign and house in a generic fashion. However, looking at Jupiter's moons can indicate whether Jupiter is (in a manner of speaking) hungry or full, relaxed or nervous, happy or depressed, and/or sleepy or alert! Wink

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/
Michael Sternbach

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knightinte wrote:
Which is the most important planet among the nine?

I would say, as far as "planets", the Sun is the predominant factor in a natal chart - and easily recognised in an individual. Second comes the Moon, even though she provides more subtle an influence.

But there is no "most important planet", really. They all are important and constitute a complex system together.

The heart may seem more important than the liver, but you couldn't live long lacking either.

Quote:
I mean is there such a planet whose bad placement cannot be lessened by the good placement of the other planets?

I wouldn't think so much in terms of good and bad placements - each provides its own potentials as well as challenges.

Quote:
Can moons alone play a role in the achievements of a person although all other planets are in a good place? My moon is in 8 places and all other planets are in good places or not-so-bad ones.

Your Moon is in 8 places all at once?! Confused That's quite a trick! Are we talking quantum mechanics here?

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: