Searching for info about two specific courses

Hello everyone!

This is my first post and I do hope it won't violate any rules.

After a few years of accumulating books and resources I came across two very interesting courses on natal/mudane predictive and horary astrology:

A) The first one is "The complete course in predictive astrology" by Bobbye Bratcher-Nelson, MLA,
edited by Carol A. Wiggers, D.M.S.Astrol.,QHP. LINK on the course: https://www.horary.com/cwiggers/predict.htm

I tried to contact Ms. Carol A. Wiggers using the three emails I found on the site above.
Unfortunately, none of them are working anymore and it seems from my personal google research there is no other way to find any information, so I hope I could get some insights perhaps from members here who had purchased and gone through the course in the past.

Lately, I was informed that the original author, Bobby Bratcher-Nelson, passed a few years ago.

B) The second one is the "Correspondence Course in Horary Astrology" by Gilbert Navarro.

I tried to contact him the past couple of years to no avail. I was also informed recently that Mr. Navarro is currently semi-retired, not accepting clients and/or students. (Unsure though).

Granted that it is not possible, as it seems, to get the courses from the original authors, I was hoping if someone here had taken those courses in the past or knows someone who has done so, and would be interested in either reselling the courses or at least would be generous enough to share their experience on their content.

Any other information would be much appreciated.

I took Mr. Navarro's horary course many years ago. I found him to be absolutely sincere and devoted to his own methods, which were based on those of Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson, whose book Simplified Horary Astrology was the main text for the course. He placed heavy emphasis on the outer planets (identifying them as sign rulers), employed minor aspects, and progressed the horary chart. Students received each new lesson upon submission of the previous one, which he returned with thoughtful handwritten comments and corrections. I liked and respected him. but never adopted his methods for any reason beyond the course work; one had to apply them to his example questions, but I found that the answers could be obtained more readily with traditional methods. If memory serves, the course was set up to take a maximum of two years to complete, though the pace was pretty much left up to the students.

Around the same time (this would have been in the early 90s), I ordered some things from Carol Wiggers, but then she stopped responding to emails or shipping the items I'd ordered and phone calls were not returned. I don't know what happened there..

Astraea wrote:I took Mr. Navarro's horary course many years ago.
Thank you so much for your reply and insights! Indeed, Ivy is one of my greatest influences astrologically and I was truly hoping to enroll in Mr. Navarro's course as an extension of her book/ways.

I would like to also ask for one clarification if you remember. On his site, he mentions "By return mail you will receive the COURSE BOOK, the 1st lesson, and self-addressed envelopes for each lesson.".

Do you remember if the "course book" he refers to is a self-written one by him as a guide for the course, or was he simply referring to Ivy's Horary book? I do know that the number of lessons were 32 in number.
Astraea wrote:Around the same time (this would have been in the early 90s), I ordered some things from Carol Wiggers, but then she stopped responding to emails...
I have read similar remarks about her site. There were a few people who were trying to order some books/magazines quite a few years ago, but it was already hard to establish any contact...

Unfortunately, I arrived quite late to the world of astrology and it was already extremely hard to find OOP books. I was able to track the Correspondence Astrology Course by Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson from a seller online. Hence, why I am asking here and elsewhere about those two courses before they fall into oblivion completely; they might surface from someone's own personal collection and it would be better off reselling them than actually dispose them.

Once again, thank you for your time.

zirtek wrote:I would like to also ask for one clarification if you remember. On his site, he mentions "By return mail you will receive the COURSE BOOK, the 1st lesson, and self-addressed envelopes for each lesson.".
I think the course book was just a red plastic binder with "Horary Course" printed on the cover - it was intended to hold each lesson after it was completed and returned. He might have sold Ivy's book alongside the course, but I don't remember because I already owned two copies of it. My course material is packed away, and this is the extent of my recollection.

Sometimes eBay has vintage materials of this kind - it's the only suggestion I can come up with, since Wiggers seems to be out of the loop. Maybe eBay is where you found Ivy's course. I hope you'll eventually be able to locate Gilbert's material, as well.

Astraea wrote: I think the course book was just a red plastic binder with "Horary Course" printed on the cover - it was intended to hold each lesson after it was completed and returned.
That makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply once more, I really appreciate it. I will keep an eye everywhere just in case they come up for sale. :)
Sometimes on ebay one can find treasures.