Chris and COVID

I hope there hasn't been too many of these kinds of charts. I'm a long time member, going back to 2004 or so, but I haven't put much on here lately. I'll keep it brief.

I'm 61 and have a 26-year-old boarder in my house. He's in the emergency room now, and after a day of the doctors telling him that he has asthma, now they think it might be COVID. Who knows why that wasn't their first guess. Right now he's having trouble breathing but doesn't have a fever. They are keeping him overnight and as of now they don't have any lab results for whether he has COVID or not.

My question is how sick is Chris, and whether I will or already have got it from him? I have some underlying health issues that could make this very serious for me.

The chart's data: September 18, 2020, 10:26 PM EDT, Falls Church VA, USA

I'm Mercury in Libra in the 5th house. My roommate Chris is Jupiter in its fall in Capricorn in the 8th house. Mercury at 19 Libra has dignity by triplicity and by term, which isn't bad. Mercury has just separated from a square to Jupiter and is now translating light to Saturn, which is retrograde in Capricorn in the 8th. This is the part that worries me, and as Mercury I'm prone to worrying. Mercury, me, is translating light from my Jupiter to Saturn, the ruler of the 8th house, death and loss. Mercury is ruled by Venus which is the 6th house ruler, the house of sickness. The Moon is applying to oppose Mars, ruler of the 12th house.

A doctor should not diagnose himself so I'm asking for advice. Usually it takes two or more testimonies to signify something happening and to be honest, I see that here. I see the translation of light by square from Jupiter to Mercury and then from Mercury to Saturn. I also see this square of the Moon with Mars as another bad sign.

On the other hand, all of this contact is with the ruler of the 8th house, not the 6th house. The 8th can mean death but it's also worry, anxiety and fear. The ruler of the 6th house, Venus, is really uninvolved in this chart. Does this chart point to a lot of worry but not actual sickness? After studying the chart for an hour, that's my conclusion - a lot of worry but no COVID. That opposition of the Moon and Mars could point to that too, as the 12th house is the house of self-defeat, and worrying is very self defeating.

I have a question about reception. Saturn receives both Mercury (by exaltation) and Jupiter (by sign). Doesn't that mitigate some of Saturn's malevolence? I've read that this is like the ruler of a house inviting you in as a guest, and that the ruler of a house doesn't wish ill on his guests. Jupiter also just went direct after being retrograde all summer, if that means anything.

Am I missing something here? Can anyone see if Chris really has COVID? Will I get sick?

Thanks

Mark F

Hi MarkF & Tanit: just to add that Mercury is triplicity ruler of Libra, the sign he's in. According to Lilly this "agreement" indicates that the person is not sick. (page 259, CA) Mercury is also dignified by term as noted. In addition, both Mercury & Moon are in the sign of Venus, when Venus is dignified by term and angular.

Meanwhile, North Node is in the ascendant. Another sign of fine health.

Venus the benefic is casting a friendly, if wide, sextile with the sixth cusp. Though Venus is afflicted by an opposition with Mars on the 12th cusp (worries, self-undoing) & a square with Saturn, on balance Mercury himself seems to be in a rather good shape. I think MarkF has not come down with CoVid.

It might be a good idea to consult a physician nonetheless. Saturn is on the 9th cusp, ruling House 9, which rules physicians. Being retro and in hard contact with Mercury might indicate some negative news. Looks like something minor (given the reception and non-fixed signs) or a condition from the past (retro). Mars on the 12th cusp might also point to issues that you aren't aware of. I do hope I am wrong about this.

May everyone be robust!

Amelia

Hey,

I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner but thanks for the answers. I think we all agree on the chart overall, that it doesn't indicate serious illness, at least not right now. Chris was in the hospital for four days and did not have covid. He was just run down and had been smoking and drinking too much, combined with a lot of stress. He's better now.

I definitely would use the 7th house for the roommate. Primarily I do this because it's best described as a business partner, with the business being the maintenance and renovation of the house. I've had several in here long time and I can't say that I'd be friends with them if it were not for the house. That rules out both the 3rd house and 11th. John Frawley has written about how the modern landlord relationship has changed from the 6th to the 7th. We don't call our landlords "My Lord" when addressing them. Though it is my house and I'm usually much better situated financially then the roommates, it is more of a relationship of equals. It's month to month and we do a lot of shared projects as partners, so the 7th house.

Thanks for the quote from Bonatti about Jupiter turning direct showing a patient recovering.

I don't see Venus as the generic benefic, especially since she's the ruler of the 6th house in a chart about illness.

When I saw all the 8th house elements of this chart, that looked bad, but then I realized that the 8th house is both death and fear. So if we're both not going to die then the chart is all about fear. That all hinged on Venus as the ruler of the 6th house of disease. The fact is that there's been no contact between Venus and me, Mercury. They were sextile before they changed signs, but not in their current signs. This was the decisive factor in me seeing this as a chart about fear, rather than about actual illness.

Mercury has too much dignity here to show illness (air triplicity by night and by term). Jupiter has turned direct. These are too many good signs and not enough bad signs to make this chart about illness. So we have fear himself signifying the roommate in the hospital, and you have nervous Mercury as me, all entangled with the 8th house, fear. The Moon right on Mercury emphasizes this even more, because the Moon has that timid and fainthearted side too. Emotions dominate me in this chart. The Moon rules the 2nd and 3rd houses, which could show that I'm worrying both about money and my surroundings in the house, or a friend. I have to say that this chart did calm be down, with all these signs in of of panic but nothing real.

What about the upcoming opposition of first the Moon and then a bit later, Mercury, with Mars, the ruler of the 12th house? We have here what modern astrologers call a t-square, an explosive situation. Mercury/Moon is opposite Mars, both are square Saturn. I cannot say that I know what this means. With so much other significance in this chart, I can only wonder what is still to play out. Something I haven't mentioned is that I really want to move to a different area. It's all I think about really but I seem to be stuck. I'm terrified of the a big move like that at my age. I've lived in this area for 35 years, but I really want out. Yet I don't do anything to make it happen. That's real 12th house stuff right there, doing nothing. Saturn is right on the cusp of the 9th house too, travel, a long journey. I guess that's this t-square right here...I'm afraid to move and I'm doing nothing to make it happen, and it's all going to come to a head soon. With all this emphasis with the 12th house, what it means probably cannot be said clearly or openly though.
Mark F