Thanks, Petr. I'm not a fan of Astrolog myself, so I was hoping that someone might have taken over the maintenance of the traditional version of Morinus from Roberto, but it seems not, then. That's a shame. It would have been a good place to integrate the greater and lesser condition techniques of ʿUmar (simple enough to calculate manually, but time-consuming if you are looking at several annual revolutions). If I had known anything about programming, I'd happily have done it myself.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

Hi Martin,

James recently ported the modern version (810) to the Phyton V3.6 platform, achieving greater accuracy in calculations and aligning the results with those of A32v3. It hasn't been published yet.

If you tell us where to find an accurate description of 'Umar's greater and lesser condition techniques, we can see if we can do something.

In any case, at least for the moment, we can only work on the modern version of Morinus. Moreover we have to create a new website for hosting the new releases. If we'll do, it will be done on the new year.

Thanks for letting me know. The two techniques are very simple. The greater condition (maiora esse in the Latin version of ʿUmar) is the continuous profection of the natal ascendant at a rate of 30 ecliptical degrees per year (≈ 12.175 days per degree). Similarly, the lesser condition (minora esse) is the continuous profection of the revolution ascendant at a rate of 360 ecliptical degrees during the year of the revolution in question (≈ 1.014583 days per degree, or 0°59′08.25″ per day).

ʿUmar, Abū Maʿshar, and Kūshy??r ibn Labb??n all describe these techniques in slightly varying ways. Ideally, it would be good to be able to choose whether or not to include the terms (in the zodiac of choice), and also whether to include ‘hits’ (aspects/conjunctions) from the radix, the revolution, or both. (Kūshy??r, for example, seems to include both charts but doesn’t mention the terms.)

Yes, it's all pretty easy to do. It's just a matter of a few time ...

Doing it on Morinus (Phyton 3.6) is rather difficult, because the platform does not provide the functions you ask for and because it would then be subordinate to the creation of the new site.

The A32v3 platform, on the other hand, is already set up for this purpose. Not only that: "The greater condition" is already available, practically with everything you wish. Too bad you don't like Astrolog :-)

There is only one problem. In the current online version, 3.20, there is a bug right on the Profection charts. Version 3.30, which fixes this bug, is ready to be released: we are just waiting for the new Companion from "The Dodger", probably within a few days. So in this new version it is not possible to add "The lesser condition". Basically we have to defer to the next one.

Among other things, I still have to hear James: I answered straight away, but the software is managed by him...

robhywolf wrote:The A32v3 platform, on the other hand, is already set up for this purpose. Not only that: "The greater condition" is already available, practically with everything you wish. Too bad you don't like Astrolog :-)
I can get Solar Fire to do both the greater and the lesser condition, too -- it's not pretty, but not as bad as Astrolog (aesthetically, and in my personal opinion: I feel a petit mal coming on just from looking at the Astrolog interface). The point of getting them in traditional Morinus would be to integrate them with other traditional techniques the way it was done, well, traditionally.

OK, I'll address your request to James, but he already has other fronts open. Although feasible, I don't know if he will be available. In any case it will take a long time...

Best regards,
Roberto