A Recent Experience

I recently had an experience with a person who tried to convince me of what my own focus was in a post that I made as if he knew better than I what my intentions were. When he did not succeed he refused to admit he was wrong.

He insisted my post was focused on January 20 in spite of the fact that the date in the thread's title (January 13) was referred to continuously throughout the post while a connection to January 20 was mentioned just once.

My focus on January 13 was the result of my progressed anlunar chart (PAL) for Trump on the date of the new moon on that date. In fact it is the middle day of a 3 day period that does not bode well for him. Again. the focus of my post was the date of January 13 not January 20.

This happened as the progressed Moon in my chart was conjoining my natal Mars and the Sun was transiting my natal Moon/Venus midpoint. I interpret the former aspect to denote aggravation the attempt to distort the focus of my post caused me and the latter to my discovery of Dr Winch's article helping me to deal with the experience.

Dr Guy Winch Ph.D. says the following about people who simply cannot admit they were wrong, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. "The answer is related to their ego, their very sense-of-self. Some people have such a fragile ego, such brittle self-esteem, such a weak "psychological constitution," that admitting they made a mistake or that they were wrong is fundamentally too threatening for their egos to tolerate."

Why Certain People Will Never Admit They Were Wrong
Psychological rigidity is not a sign of strength.
https://tinyurl.com/y5fzd3w3

I wonder what aspects might be found in the chart of a person with such a fragile ego.

Well, you're an Ace Astrologer in my book. I'll take your word for the particulars.

But there are better explanations, I think, of people who won't admit they're wrong. Possibly they were harshly scolded or even punished for doing or saying the wrong thing as children. Being wrong may have had serious consequences for a little child. (Donald Trump's early relationship with his father suggests something of this nature.) They may grow up feeling that it's not safe to be wrong.

Sometimes it's the person's back-handed way of saying they don't understand what you are saying. In which case a more detailed, preferably gentle, explanation may diffuse the situation. Maybe acknowledging the portions of the critique that are on your same page would be helpful. Criticism lobbed back in return is merely likely to get the critic's back up.

Winch's examples were set-up to make the denial look ridiculous. But in real life, sometimes the person is sticking up for a principle that is important to him/her. You know the saying, "Stand up for what you believe in, even when you're standing alone."

Astrologically, the sun in fixed signs are noted for being stubborn. I would also look at hard oppositions to the sun.

I'm thinking of Aquarians who challenged authority, the Boomer generation with Pluto and Saturn in Leo opposite sun. A heavy planet or Mars opposing one's sun can show up as a person or perhaps a group that seemingly oppose the person's sense of self.

But sometimes friction between two people results from rotten synastry.

Thank you for commenting. It is wonderful to hear from you. Too many years since we connected. Best wishes for you and yours for a healthy and safe year.

Transiting Saturn and Pluto trining natal MC and natal and progressed Neptune in my birth chart seem to agree with my contention that it is the nature of the planets involved in an aspect rather than the nature of the aspect that is to be considered. I am having a spate of issues through these times but thankfully none of a physical nature as I approach 80 (just 23 more days).

"Posts by 2 excellent astrologers on astrological 'prediction'." The title of a thread I started on another site, using appropriate links referring readers to post's by yourself and Ed Falis in the thread "Can astrology be used to make firm predictions" on Astro.com. (Adienst).

bob

my guess is we all have fragile egos and that very few people are actually enlightened.. i think if everyone was enlightened the charts would look the same, but we would be seeing it all very differently..

i am presently reading a pema chodron book... she refers to getting stuck and figuring out how to drop the story line... i like this analogy.. it is the story line that hooks us.... we all get stung from our experience with others from time to time... what is the antidote to this? i don't know there are any easy answers but falling into the 'i'm right, they are wrong' storyline is not an effective antidote as i see it... happy new year and thanks for your many interesting astrological posts! james

Thank you James.

I do not want to be like a Republican senator in the American Congress and let someone get away with a wrong because I am afraid to call them on it. The facts are the facts. I know what date I focused on and why. Right is right and wrong is wrong. That has always been and always will be. I respect that and myself.

Posted in another thread
"It Ain’t What You Don’t Know That Gets You Into Trouble. It’s What You Know for Sure That Just Ain’t So." (Mark Twain)
Sounds like a message to our politicians!

Best
Ouranos :D
Blessings!