nicola sturgeon - 2021 - SiDEREAL

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Sturgeon,_Nicola

some of you may be following what looks like a modern day play out of a revised version of shakespeare, taking place in scotland at the moment... most probably are not...

here is one link that might get you started if you want to check out any of this..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... heory.html

perhaps it is harder to follow given the fact that their is a lot of effort on the part of the msm to keep this off the front pages.. i think it is going to come out regardless.. sorry for sounding overly dramatic... i do think it has the merits of a tragic play of some sort... i will leave you to explore the astro details on it if you feel motivated.. i am here to look more closely at nicola sturgeons chart - rated AA...

at the moment uranus is close to making an exact conjunction to her natal descendant.. some surprises seem sure to be in store for her and the people of scotland.. below is a biwheel with the transits on the outside for today... one will also note the very close transit of saturn to natal moon - ruler of the cancer planets in her chart.. and last but definitely not least is the exact square of transit saturn to her natal ascendant also at 13 libra 59.... all in all the transits highlight the internal and external angst that nicola sturgeon must be experiencing at the moment... how it plays out is a subject of interest moving forward... her chart really has the stress of the saturn- uranus square highlighted in a supreme manner given its exact connection with the ascendant axis and natal moon.. mercury is not especially far away either... i will comment more on this later..

below is a day chart of the lord advocate james wolfe... i don't have anything more then a day chart for this person, but it is interesting to see the cross connections between his and sturgeons chart and how in focus they are at the moment given the transit - in particular of saturn in mid cap, but also mars at the beginning of taurus square onto sturgeons midheaven degree, and in exact square to wolfes mars position...

below is the biwheel of sturgeon on the inside and wolfe on the outside..

i am kind of fascinated by the mercury- moon opposition in sturgeons chart... it shows up as a conjunction in the 2020 solar return for her.... when i see these planets in hard aspect with one another in a chart, i generally wonder and raise concern about the persons mental quality and character..

Hi James,

I hope I can comment on this chart over the weekend, but I wanted to say regarding this:

'i generally wonder and raise concern about the persons mental quality and character'

Let's just say that I am not surprised that angular, fallen malefics have control/connection over Sturgeon's lots of Fortune and Spirit.

konrad - great! i look forward to anything you have to say....

i now want to take a look at nicola sturgeons primary directions which used to be known as 'directions' prior to the many additional approaches added the past the past few hundred years... i am being unorthodox here in my use of pd's by including the outer planets on the charts... first i would like to show what comes up on the speculum using morinus software for 2020 - 2021 and etc... i am looking at both direct and converse shown as D and C respectively in the data here... when you add the outers, there is way more data to look at..

i am particularly drawn to the connection between mercury and pluto which is a 45 in the natal chart... the idea of with holding or hiding info for ulterior motives is how i tend to think of mercury-pluto contacts.. in hard aspect the motives are more suspect as i see it.. mercury in turn is in an opposition to the moon and in a wide conjunction to mars as well.. there is also a pluto-moon direction for february too... some might say pluto is so far off the ecliptic it throws the traditional idea of directions here for too major a loop... i find it interesting either way... if one were to look at the direct directions for pluto - mercury, they show up sept 2018, about the same time as the direct uranus-mercury conjunctions show up... either way, here is a biwheel for the converse directions to feb 2021 in the chart directly below...

the direct, directions for feb 2021 are seen below.. it appears the direction of sun to pluto conjunction would have happened fairly recently too, but it is not showing up in the speculum from morinus...

my wife likes to point out that i am not neutral.... i see it as a fatal flaw when it comes to astrology and life more generally... it is probably the hardest thing for me to be - neutral... perhaps nicola sturgeon and kamala harris are both saints, but i am incapable of seeing them as such... one can chalk this up to my natal moon in scorpio, or what - i am not sure.. if you figure it out, let me know... absence of air in my chart perhaps.... i still haven't figured it out...

following along...

the profection lord at present is jupiter - sagittarius - 3rd natal house... jupiter is favourably situated in her present solar return for 2020 in the 5rd natal house in its own sign sag which is considered favourable... the biwheel with the 2020 solar return on the inside and her natal chart on the outside are shown below... the solar return has neptune and venus conjunct the angles... this combo would tend to soften her image and make for an easier presentation publicly for the moment.. the natal planet pluto is close to the solar return ascendant... this increases the intensity factor for the year, but overall i get a positive vibe off her 2020 solar return chart...

on the other hand the set up for 2021 solar return - which begins on her birthdate july 19th, is not nearly as favourable... profection year lord is saturn and the 4th house of capricorn... solar return moon in scorpio is close to conjunct the ascendant, while sr 2021 mars is exactly square the ascendant degree from 29 cancer.. ascendant is 29 libra.. moon is 3 scorpio... additionally, the solar return angles highlight the natal position of saturn at 27 aries... i see this as a much more challenging year with saturn in focus and not in great shape in her natal chart by sign position.. it has some merits by being in the 7th house - digbala, i think... but overshadowed by being in aries.. additionally mars in the solar return chart is also closely squaring it... the moon while past an opposition to it, all still emphasize a year of hardship and struggle as i see it... the biwheel with solar return 2021 on the inside and natal on the outside is below...

Sometimes you don't needt complex astrology to explain what is happening.

There is an awful lot lot of Pluto action going on just now effecting Scotland.

Pluto is opposing Sturgeon's Cancer Sun, Salmond's Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in Cancer. Its also partile opposite the Scottish national chart ASC (Cancer rising) and square the Mars of the national chart for 1005 I rectified back in 2014. As that was not enough Pluto is hitting the SNP Moon. I have researched a key astrological degree which I once described in an article ''the Scottish Astrological degree ''as 26 Cancer (tropical) or 2 Cancer (sidereal). This degree an the other cardinal degrees aspecting it are very prominent in key moments of Scottish history.

Based on just the Pluto transits to Sturgeon and the Scottish chart I predicted Sturgeon was in for an exceptionally tough period from late 2020 onwards.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote:Based on just the Pluto transits to Sturgeon and the Scottish chart I predicted Sturgeon was in for an exceptionally tough period from late 2020 onwards.
And how do you see it resolving, Mark? I don't have any knowledge of the political intricacies, but my sense from Sturgeon's chart is that this period up until and around the 9th of March looks ominous. Since Jupiter rules her sidereal profected ASC this year, I think she might squeeze through though. I am about to write up a short analysis now, but I would be interested to hear what you think.

I will try to make this as brief and as simple as I can. Here are Sturgeon’s current PDs:

Sturgeon's directed ASC is currently in the Mercury bounds of Scorpio, with the last aspect being the trine with Mercury itself. Mercury is in the natal 10th, appearing from the sun's rays and opposed to its own lord, the moon in the 4th. Since it is placed in the 10th, it should be expected that Sturgeon's status and reputation are highlighted just now, and with the first two aspects made in those bounds being sextile moon and square Venus, the years of the entry into Mercury/Scorpio in March 2012 until the directed ASC’s aspect with Mercury in January 2019 should be beneficial for her standing (the idea being that the planet aspecting the directed ASC executes the agenda or theme of the current bound lord – in this case, reputation and standing suggested by an appearing Mercury in the 10th aspected by its lord). Indeed, Sturgeon rose to her current station in 2014, coincidentally, a few days after the directed ASC went from Mercury/Scorpio – trine Mars to Mercury/Scorpio – sextile moon. I believe the move to Mercury’Scorpio – Mercury suggests some problems for Sturgeon generally as, while Mercury is powerfully placed and is capable of producing status for Sturgeon, the opposition to its lord suggests a standing that is a little unstable. Perhaps more importantly, is that Mercury’s next aspect is a square with Saturn in fall in the 7th, a square which Saturn sits on the dominant side of too being in the 10th sign from Mercury.

In July 2020, Sturgeon moved into a Sagittarius profection year, and though Jupiter is placed well in the 1st house, it itself is in an overcome square with both the sun and Mars, the latter in fall. Jupiter receiving both should alleviate some of the extremes of the potential harm, but it is still a challenging time for her with Martial and solar type people in authority. In order to get a more specific picture of the time lords, the solar return must be consulted.

First Mercury. Mercury is transiting the natal 9th in the revolution conjoined the moon. For me, this reaffirms the Mercury-moon aspect in the nativity, and this combination might show a good time for Sturgeon if it weren’t for the revolution Mars overcoming this conjunction from Pisces. To me, this reaffirms the Mars type events signified by her natal 10th house Mars. Revolution Jupiter as lord of the year is retrograde in Sagittarius in the 3rd house, in a close trine with natal Saturn. Again this highlights the natal Saturn, but I am thinking that the trine and Jupiter’s general beneficence might save Sturgeon from the worst of it.

I see the next 2-3 weeks as pivotal because of a transit that caught my eye a few weeks ago (and I see from the current news media that pressure that I have been hearing about online since December last year is building and becoming more public.) The transit chart of the 9th of March is reproduced below:

If you can see, transiting Saturn is partiley opposed natal Mercury, while natal Mercury is partiley square natal Saturn. Also lord of the year Jupiter transits towards that same square. I think this might be a trigger for something involving Sturgeon’s main themes this year as delivered by Mercury. Just looking at Mercury, it does not look good at all, but if I was forced to give a prediction, the fact that the year is ruled by Jupiter might just save her.

Interestingly for me, her 2021/22 year looks much worse: Mercury is still the directed ASC’s sole time-lord, and is being partiley opposed by a retrograde revolution Saturn. Saturn is ruler of year, activating that horrible in fall condition in the nativity, while revolution Mars, also in fall, squares it within 2 degrees. And all of this happens with neither benefic in the revolution able to aspect either natal Mercury or revolution Saturn’s sign. I’d say if Sturgeon gets through this crisis, another will be on the way in her year that starts from July.

mark,

i welcome any additional comments you have on this topic! i know we talked about scotland in an e mail exchange last summer and i can verify your comments here on what you say as well... i know you like to be thorough in your examination of the astrology.. that is all i am trying to do here with a specific focus on nicola sturgeon... covering all the bases, so to speak - but i welcome more input from you! and i too would like a response to konrads question of your thoughts on nicola sturgeon as well..

konrad

thanks for your excellent astrological commentary on sturgeons chart... your approach is very much like martin ganstens when it comes to an interpretation of the primary directions.. thanks for that... if you haven't read his book - you probably don't need to! although i am sure martin would appreciate another book sale!

i too reached a similar conclusion to yours - this next year from the solar return 2021 looks much more challenging... i expressed this in my last comment from yesterday towards the bottom... we seem to have a similar viewpoint in a predictive sense at this time.. hopefully others will read your post and be encouraged to buy martins book if they want to understand both yours and his approach... thanks for sharing..

amy

i haven't looked at the UK chart lately... i did however watch a movie which was quite fascinating on the city of london and its financial role in the world which was quite fascinating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zT9pa5AOuE%2F
The Spider's Web Britains Second Empire is the title of the documentary... it does touch on this topic of scotland directly as i see it.. they mention how huge amounts of the land owned in scotland are held in trust in this shadow bank set up that is the biggest set up on the planet.. no one has access to knowing anything about anything either.. transparency is the last thing happening at present in any UK politics going on too as i see it.. is nicola sturgeon a trojan horse representing the opposition to scotland independence?? it looks like it from where i am, which ain't saying much as i am in canada, LOLOL! however, in defense of my position, sometimes being far removed gives a different kind of clarify...

the reason i feel this is quite important is it seems to me the idea of putting a person at the head of a party - SNP, that has a supposed mandate to separate from the rest of the UK would have great bearing on the rest of the UK.. thus the importance of understanding where the money is and who is pulling whose chain in all this.. it seems to me nicola sturgeon is not interested in scotlands independence, but is now working for the consortium in london and etc who want scotland to remain in the uk... that is what it looks like to me... i encourage others to watch the documentary to learn more of the huge importance of finance in leading the direction of events here..

james_m wrote:konrad

thanks for your excellent astrological commentary on sturgeons chart... your approach is very much like martin ganstens when it comes to an interpretation of the primary directions.. thanks for that... if you haven't read his book - you probably don't need to!
As you may have seen, Konrad is among those thanked in the Preface. :) I have certainly learnt a lot from our exchanges, though we differ on some things, including house system and the exact precessional value (ayan??ṃśa).
https://astrology.martingansten.com/

james_m wrote: i too reached a similar conclusion to yours - this next year from the solar return 2021 looks much more challenging... i expressed this in my last comment from yesterday towards the bottom... we seem to have a similar viewpoint in a predictive sense at this time.. hopefully others will read your post and be encouraged to buy martins book if they want to understand both yours and his approach... thanks for sharing..
Thanks, James. Yes, I read your analysis after I posted mine, and, as I said, I agree that next year looks worse for her. I haven't looked at Salmond's chart recently, though I might just do that tomorrow.

As for the approach, I don't think Martin would disagree, but it is probably fairer to say it is Abu Ma'shar's/Masha'allah's/Sahl's approach rather than ours! But yes, I too have learned a lot from communication with Martin and I am happy to have been able to analyse a bit of Sturgeon's chart today as I haven't had the time to indulge myself in astrological practice the last couple of years.

I suppose it is just a case of wait and see for me now because the techniques read well on paper and (I hope) they are rational within the astrological framework, but if nothing at all happens around the 9th of March, then I'd have to rethink my analysis!

I would just like to note that Sturgeon has been cleared of breaking ministerial code today, the day that Jupiter transits exactly square with her natal Saturn. Apparently there is something happening tomorrow in regard to her misleading parliament (as I said, I am not up on the politics of this) and there will be a vote of no confidence against her, first revealed publicly on the 7th of March, as far as I can see. I expect she will escape the worst of it as revolution Jupiter's aspect was a trine with natal Saturn - I'd have expected it to come crashing down if the aspect was a hard one.

As I said previously though, I think this is just the starter and the main course will come in her next year (July 2021 - July 2022).